Author Topic: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122471 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2007, 11:56 AM »
Anyone know when New Force usually ships?

Rick usually updates the front page of NewForce when they get allocations from Hasbro and then it's about 2 weeks after that they get them in hand for shipping...

To Rob and any others (like myself) still waiting for Wave 5 from NewForce - Rick updated to say they are expecting more Wave 5 soon:

SW Update
September 13, 2007 | 2:54 PM | newforce1

We are receiving some Saga Legends this week and the majority of our order next (100%, it appears), and we are getting about 50% of our wave 5 order... More to follow next week.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2007, 03:38 PM »
I'm looking forward to getting a case of these figs next week. I think I'm going to get a couple extra Revans at retail if I find them for customs. I think the outfit lends itself nicely to Tuskens and or Jedi.

Ooh ... good idea. I was going to pass because I don't really like KOTOR, but now I'm tempted to pick one up just to make a Tusken out of it....
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2007, 04:40 PM »
I'm wondering if people will do Revan customs with a rendition of their character's face under the mask.  I'd kind of dig doing that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2007, 05:05 PM »
I'm wondering if people will do Revan customs with a rendition of their character's face under the mask.  I'd kind of dig doing that.

That's another idea. Since there are several heads out there to use and ones generic enough like the Rebel Honor Guard or Death Star Trooper, it's an easy custom.

Are there any pics of Reven figure without the robes?

I'd like to see the sculpt of that to decide if there are more custom possibilities.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2007, 07:54 PM »
BBTS has at least Yoda in stock

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13605&mode=retail

I just got notification my set is ready to ship.  I look forward to get Series 4 and 5 next week my Pile of Loot has been sitting there for a while!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2007, 02:48 PM »
Hands down this is the greatest wave ever! I just got my case last night and it just rocked. It even had McQ Vader in there! So many great figures I do not even know where to start. TAC blew its load on this one. The future waves are cool but are pale in comparison to this wave.

Yoda - Best Ever. Smaller scale too.
Kybuck - Very beast-a-riffic!
Grievous - Enormously awesome!
Starkiller - all around cool female figure!
Anakin - Great likeness and articulation!
Hermie - Huge and goofy but very well done!
Malak - Excellent job and great figure!
Revan - Superb figure but I would have like some soft goods but still an 9 out of 10 figure
C3Po - Boring but paint and eye are cool! Scene builders dream.
Crumb - Makes buying 3Po OK. Love him!
Roran - ******* sweet. I love how they painted pupils on him to look pissed.

I really have no complaints at all. Even the case packing is great! 1 of every new figure except Yoda he was packed 2 per case. then x1 McQ Vader & x1 Stormie. Superb!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:51 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #216 on: September 19, 2007, 05:58 PM »
Roran - ******* sweet. I love how they painted pupils on him to look pissed.

Roron is the only one I have so far from Wave 5 and I have to agree - he's sweet.  Great articulation and a great head sculpt & paint job.  :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:58 PM by Jeff »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2007, 09:54 PM »
Ran into this wave at Walmart Saturday night, got my fill, then got my case from Newforce on Tuesday.  Definitely the best wave of the year in my book. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #218 on: September 20, 2007, 01:18 AM »
I picked up these the other night too, and I'm generally impressed...

-Malak...  Fantastic figure in general.  Super articulated, the eyes are NOT goofy on mine at all (very menacing), and the removable jaw is really great.  If you played the game, you know the scene the jaw comes off, and it's really f'd up.

-Revan...  Not so fantastic, but still a great figure.  Lacks leg articulation below the hips, which is undoubtebly due to the skirt piece, however I'm disappointed we didn't get knee joints still.  They would work somewhat, if even in a limited capacity, and would allow for a little more dynamic posing.  Still, the upper body is great, and you see his sithy skull behind the mask.  Very cool.  I'm still pumped to do a Revan/Character custom from the game.

-Pre-Cyborg Grievous (or Prevous?)...  Great figure.  Very large, amazing sculpt, nice removable headgear and cloak, nice accessories in general.  I was slightly disappointed at the arm articulation, as he cannot hold his rifle properly, but the figure in general is pretty great, and even sort of worth army building if you want some of Grievous' people for your hypothetical Separatist sentient's army.  At least I'm assuming they're Seps, so I might nab a handful to use as Grievous followers/troopers.

-Yoda w/Kybuck...  Hasbro outdoes itself in terms of figure for the money.  The Kybuck has some assembly required, but it's a great (and articulated) piece in and of itself.  A cool little bio on the back describes the beast and its relationship with Yoda.  Yoda's softgoods cape is incredibly cool and I dig how it points up on his noggin'.  The bandoleer holding his saber hilt is removable and equally cool, and Yoda's articulation is decent.  He can't hold a saber 2-handed, my only gripe, but otherwise it's a fantastic Yoda figure in and of itself, and great with the Kybuck.

-Roron...  OUTSTANDING figure.  Super articulated, super sculpted, super detailed.  He's just a great figure, and really makes his Jedi Talz teammate look kind of shoddy by comparison actually. 

-Tattoonakin...  Again, another outstanding figure.  Able to hold his saber with two hands, and the destroyed mechanical hand is a cool extra piece to snap onto the figure (though be careful, I've found that the peg could probably snap off easily.  Run it under hot tap water to soften things up if you're afraid of breaking it).  The articulation isn't as nice as Roron's, and the pants aren't the proper color either (annoying), but overall a fantastic figure again.

I didn't get the Starkiller Hero.  In my neck of the woods, anything you find is usually lacking UGH and McQuarrie's all together.  Sucks, but it seems our Hot Wheels scum are starting to catch onto what's hot in SW, or so I'm hearing from the locals who run into them frequently.

I've also found a few Wave 4 figures...  Or, Hermi and 3PO anyway, and Hermi's one of my '07 favorites, easily.  I've waited on the Apple Eater for years, and he's great.  No LUke's, no CZ's, no McVader, no Umpass, and no AniFett's.  All in due time I hope.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:21 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2007, 11:13 AM »
Roron is the only one I have so far from Wave 5 and I have to agree - he's sweet.  Great articulation and a great head sculpt & paint job.  :)

Definitely that Roron beat my expectations - fantastic figure.

I also thought the Anakin was way better than I was expecting.  Malak and Revan are okay.  Threepio was a solid way to re-invent a figure we have 80 of, and star killer hero is pretty cool too. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2007, 01:33 PM »
This wave is probably the best of the year - gotta love Yoda and the Rybuck as well as Hermi simply for the value.

Hermi is bigger than Ephant Mon and has a cloth cloak to boot.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2007, 03:36 PM »
Yikes, I hope my wave 5 order gets filled.  :-[

NewForce is getting the rest of their Wave 5 order along with Wave 6 next week, so you should be covered I think...

SW update Wave 5 and 6
September 19, 2007 | 8:57 AM | newforce1

The balance of our wave 5 order is shipping to us next week, as is our order of wave 6. We also should receive the next several Lengends Saga cases.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 20, 2007, 03:55 PM »
Woooo hooooo!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 21, 2007, 09:20 AM »
Yikes, I hope my wave 5 order gets filled.  :-[

NewForce is getting the rest of their Wave 5 order along with Wave 6 next week, so you should be covered I think...

SW update Wave 5 and 6
September 19, 2007 | 8:57 AM | newforce1

The balance of our wave 5 order is shipping to us next week, as is our order of wave 6. We also should receive the next several Lengends Saga cases.

They're also going to be on vacation next week:

We will be closed Friday Sept 21,2007 until Monday, October 1, 2007, as we will be away on our annual family vacation. All orders will process upon our return, and emails will be answered then.
  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2007, 02:45 PM »
Can someone please explain what in the heck is goin on with Target? I have not seen W4 or 5 in any Target in my area and I have 7 in a 10 mile radius.