Author Topic: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122430 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #240 on: October 9, 2007, 07:08 PM »
I also got the 2 x Rev 3 case from NFC (one for me and one for IamSith).  Its okay since I already had one McVader but I'll need a second to open now. 

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2007, 08:27 AM »
Just noticed that StarWarsShop has most of this wave in stock for individual sale, including Hermi, Starkiller, Yoda, and Anakin.  Too bad they want $12/figure  :P
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 10, 2007, 09:21 PM »
I knew months ago when I first saw pics of Hermi, that I'd douse him in water and get his cloak to drape properly... so that's what I did!  Here are some pics of him out of the package, then after water treatment.  His soft goods are wet here, but rest assured after drying they kept the shape perfectly.  The material was great for water treatment, much like the VTSC Tusken's robes.

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2007, 09:23 PM »
IT does look much better like that. Very cool.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 11, 2007, 09:20 AM »
That's amazing. Thanks for the tip.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2007, 12:10 PM »
For what its worth, Yoda Kybuck is back in stock at HTS.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #246 on: October 12, 2007, 12:33 PM »
So Daigo-Bah, all you did was soak the cloak (hah!) and shape it? Once it dries it retained the shape? That sounds pretty easy, what's the catch?  ;)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 12, 2007, 02:37 PM »
I saw this wave in abundance once, and only took a few figures thinking I could get the rest later. Now it seems 6 and 4 are everywhere, with virtually no retail sightings of 5. I wonder if the whole wave saw a lower run due to hermi-

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 12, 2007, 04:02 PM »
So Daigo-Bah, all you did was soak the cloak (hah!) and shape it? Once it dries it retained the shape? That sounds pretty easy, what's the catch?  ;)

All there is to it!  When it dries, it isn't quite as dark as in these pics, but it does retain the shape perfectly.  This only works for the type of material used here and in the VTSC Tuskens cloak; it doesn't work with the Vader capes or TAC Jedi Luke type of material.  Just hold him under a running faucet for several seconds until the material is completely drenched, then set him down and shape it as you like.  It'll dry after several hours and stays fairly stiff if you have to move him around.
Greg Reeves

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 12, 2007, 04:09 PM »

All there is to it!  When it dries, it isn't quite as dark as in these pics, but it does retain the shape perfectly.  This only works for the type of material used here and in the VTSC Tuskens cloak; it doesn't work with the Vader capes or TAC Jedi Luke type of material.  Just hold him under a running faucet for several seconds until the material is completely drenched, then set him down and shape it as you like.  It'll dry after several hours and stays fairly stiff if you have to move him around.

Anybody know what kind of m,aterial that is anyway?  Or is it something in the material....dye or what not.  It seems to work best out of all the of soft goods that hasrbo has used in the past. 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2007, 04:19 PM »
jedipurge, it seems to be more of like a gauze material that allows you to shape it.  It's very, very thin material - I'm pretty sure that it's just the grade of cloth that makes it so easy to shape it.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2007, 06:56 PM »
Good call, Chewie- gauze sounds about right.  And what is up with the pocket pool avatar!!  :-*

Edit: you changed it back, nevermind!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 06:56 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 13, 2007, 09:30 AM »
I saw this wave in abundance once, and only took a few figures thinking I could get the rest later. Now it seems 6 and 4 are everywhere, with virtually no retail sightings of 5. I wonder if the whole wave saw a lower run due to hermi-

Doubtful. This still has to hit Target and is just starting to show up at TRU. I've also been seeing this wave shipping simultaneously with wave 6, so there should be no worries.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 13, 2007, 09:37 AM »
These are in stock at Wal-Mart.com if anyone needs them,

C-3PO w/ Salacious

Roron Corobb

Anakin w/ Tattoos
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 09:37 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 13, 2007, 12:12 PM »
who is missing what from this wave? It was a hard fight to the "Darths" and Precyborg GG ( thank god for Khols)