Author Topic: Kubrick Newbies - Questions and Advice  (Read 97980 times)

Offline The Pilot

• Youngling
  • Use the fork, Luke!
    • View Profile
Re: Kubrick Newbies - Questions and Advice
« Reply #195 on: August 9, 2015, 07:56 PM »
I have Holo Maul and Spirit Yoda loose and they both look fine.

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 9, 2015, 09:35 PM »
I forgot about the holo Maul, but I wouldn't imagine there would be an issue with the newer releases like Maul, it will be interesting to revisit in a few years.

JediJman - is the cape/s on holo Vader made of a similar plastic to the spirit kubs, or is it closer to the regular Vader kub?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 9, 2015, 11:08 PM »
JediJman - is the cape/s on holo Vader made of a similar plastic to the spirit kubs, or is it closer to the regular Vader kub?

It's much more similar to the original vader.  Similar feel between the regular vader and holo in both the outer cape and inner skirt.  Holo Anakin and Obi robes feel like soft plastic, but the holo vader's is hard and unbending - like if you try to move it it might break.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2015, 12:56 AM »
^

Yeah I thought as much regarding Vader's cape. I imagine spirit Yoda and holo Maul's robes are of similar durability/thickness.

This in depth discussion about transparent robe durability, a phrase that has never been uttered in the history of the universe, got me distracted I was going to ask another question:

Is the helmet on the George Lucas Pilot (Jorg Sacul) carded kubrick stuck on or removable? I couldn't find a previous topic for this guy.

Offline The Pilot

• Youngling
  • Use the fork, Luke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2015, 03:00 AM »
The helmet on Jorg Sacul is removable like on the other x-wing pilots.

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2015, 09:59 PM »
^

Thanks.

I've been having all sorts of fun creating different rebel pilots in lego minifigure form, there's more helmet variation in the lego range, and I'd definitely like a Sacul to use as it's a more generic pilot helmet for some extra kubrick pilots but I can't justify it as far as the cost goes, let alone multiples.