Author Topic: Kubrick Newbies - Questions and Advice  (Read 98003 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Kubrick Newbies - Questions and Advice
« Reply #45 on: October 8, 2007, 03:34 PM »
I think with the shipping to the USA, the end price was closer to $80-90 each depending on how you had them shipped here.

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate the response.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2007, 06:33 PM »
Hey guys, got some question for you.  Any idea how much a Kubrick retails for in Japan?  Are they readily available in stores in Japan?  hat stores over there sell them?? The reason I ask, is I have a neighbor that is from Japan and I'm wondering how hard it would be to give her a wish list and send her people out hunting.  Thanks in advance!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2007, 06:42 PM »
Hey guys, got some question for you.  Any idea how much a Kubrick retails for in Japan?  Are they readily available in stores in Japan?  hat stores over there sell them?? The reason I ask, is I have a neighbor that is from Japan and I'm wondering how hard it would be to give her a wish list and send her people out hunting.  Thanks in advance!

Send her people?  Is she the Japanese Emperor?   ;)  I've never been to Japan, but I recall reading elsewhere that these are hard to find, even in Japan.  I'm sure that they have toy/comic shops with product available.  You should just give her a list of what you want and what you're willing to pay and have her go from there.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2007, 10:43 PM »
Well, by "her people", I just meant relatives.  Certainly no emperor!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2007, 10:53 PM »
Any idea how much a Kubrick retails for in Japan?

On average, when they are new releases, the MSRP is about 924 Yen ($8 US) if you were to buy them in singles in a retail store in Japan (but you can find cheaper prices if you pre-order them or buy in bulk).

However, since we are at least 1 year after the last series, most things that you'd find in a collector/hobby store in Japan would end up costing roughly the same as what you'd pay on eBay.  The higher ratio figures will be cheaper, the rarer figures and chases will cost more.

Are they readily available in stores in Japan?

Like I said above, they are readily available when they are first released, but since Series 7 came out last November, I imagine you'd be hard pressed to find stores that still have a large supply of them.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2007, 03:11 PM »
Guys, I bought a figure from someone in Hong Kong a few weeks ago and he sent me a tracking number, but no info on the company he used to ship.  I just contacted him about the company he uses, but want to hear from JD members too.  When you guys have purchased from overseas in the past, what companies have your sellers used?  I want to track this item, but can't right now.  Any info would be appreciated.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2007, 05:28 PM »
I've traded with a few guys overseas, but it has always come through the USPS, and I've never received a tracking number.  I tried to buy delivery confirmation for something I was sending overseas a while back and the USPS said they couldn't do that on international shipments, but maybe someone like Fed Ex can. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2007, 05:31 PM »
Lao Che Air Freight  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007, 05:36 PM »
Almost everything I've purchased from Japan has come EMS shipped via Japan Post.   It allows for tracking, with a number that works through either the Japan Post site or good old USPS site.  This makes it much easier as I know how/when to expect it to clear customs and can track it easier...

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2007, 05:38 PM »
what companies have your sellers used?  I want to track this item, but can't right now.  Any info would be appreciated.

I don't know the companies but in the UK all my Kubricks have been delivered by the Royal Mail - the US equivalent is the USPS. I'm guessing the sellers all used their own countires standard postal service - I've had stuff from Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan with tracking and needing to be signed for on delivery.

Never had a problem yet though.....

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2007, 11:11 PM »
Thanks for the input guys.  I'll try a few of your recommendations and see if it pans out.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2007, 11:25 PM »
Almost everything I've purchased from Japan has come EMS shipped via Japan Post.   It allows for tracking, with a number that works through either the Japan Post site or good old USPS site.  This makes it much easier as I know how/when to expect it to clear customs and can track it easier...

Kind of the same up here Jeff, easy tracking & mine mostly comes Purolator which is most common & no customs or Canada post which I get customs. All depends what happens went it does hit customs for clearance I guess.  :-\

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2007, 11:21 AM »
Question about Chase Figures... As I understand it the 2:48 or 3:48 Chase figures are usually (always?) in the same box of 12 Figures.  What about the 1:48 (1:96) chases?  Are those in the same box of 12 as the 2:48 chases or a separate box or random?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2007, 11:48 AM »
What about the 1:48 (1:96) chases?  Are those in the same box of 12 as the 2:48 chases or a separate box or random?

There has never been a reliable, confirmed box of 12 that contained all of the chase figures.  In every series of Star Wars Kubricks so far, it has worked out like this:

Each Master Case of 48 figures contains 4 boxes of 12:
 - 1 box of 12 contains one of the "high-ratio" chase figures from that series (1:48 or 1:96)
 - 1 box of 12 contains the "low-ratio" chase figure from that series (2:48, 3:48, or 4:48)
 - 2 boxes of 12 contain no chase figures  :(

Now, there is no guarantee the trend will continue, but basically, you have a 50/50 chance of your box containing any chase figures.  And if it is a chase figure box, you have a 50/50 chance of it being the "rare" chase box or the "common" chase box.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2007, 11:58 AM »
Thought I'd share a little more detail about past cases:

Basic Series come in cases of 48.
Four Boxes of 12

As far as the 1:48 figures go...the pattern as of late is that you get one or the other in your case, not both! (This is for anyone new or anyone who has not paid attention! ) There was a pattern with certain series as far as which one you could expect in your case depending on if it was from Japan or Hong Kong, but as of late I think its been totally random.

As far as 2:48 or 3:48 Figures go...they will all be in the same box of 12 NOT spread throughout the case of 48.

For the most part there are three Chase figures per Series:

Two 1:48 (example series 6: Tarkin & Imperial Officer)  you get one or the other in a case of 48
One 2:48 (example series 6: Wedge) both Wedge figures will be in the same box of 12

I made this list from JD, our Bricks N Beer events and other sources:

http://www.kid4life.com/yodasnewsforums/viewtopic.php?t=8196&start=0

And a Visual Guide:

http://www.echobaseforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 12:14 PM by Crackbrick »
I Dream of Yumbos...