Author Topic: Kubrick Newbies - Questions and Advice  (Read 97995 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Kubrick Newbies - Questions and Advice
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2007, 09:56 AM »
So I've been going hog wild on Kubricks for the last two months.... so I'm not sure I'm really a newbie :)  However, this seems like the best place to ask this question.

Is there any "fix" that you guys know of for Kubes with "springy" legs.  My newest and most expensive figure - Yakface - has a right leg that kind of springs out and backwards causing it to be impossible to stand completely straight up with both legs parallel.  Its a shame to have spent so much money on one of these guys and have him stand just a bit off kilter.  Regardless, he's still cool as hell and is certainly worthy of display!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2007, 10:19 AM »
I have had some success at fixing that problem by tying the legs up with the little clear bands that come on the Hasbro figures. 

Just save one the next time you get a basic figure and wrap it around the legs for a little while and see if that helps. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2007, 10:31 AM »
I have had some success at fixing that problem by tying the legs up with the little clear bands that come on the Hasbro figures. 

Just save one the next time you get a basic figure and wrap it around the legs for a little while and see if that helps. ;)

That's what I was considering.  Thanks!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 1, 2007, 07:57 AM »
I have some of them set on the plastic tiered shelves you can buy for kithen cabinets (to organize spices). And some of them have such odd leg positions that they move just a little (sort of pivoting) when I open and close the cabinet doors. After a few times, a number of them will be facing eachother sideways, and I wonder what they are doing when the doors are closed...

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 1, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I'm pretty new to this board. I was wondering what was a good place to buy older Kubricks other than ebay. Things get pretty outrageous on ebay.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 1, 2007, 10:37 AM »
I'm pretty new to this board. I was wondering what was a good place to buy older Kubricks other than ebay. Things get pretty outrageous on ebay.

So over the last 2 months or so, I am Sith and myself have been on a Kubrick buying rampage.  I've managed to pick up just about every common Kubrick and most of the boxed sets via people selling here, at Kubrick Nation, and through eBay.  I'm afraid to post my total but I can say that my "average" price per Kubrick is between $13 and $14.  Some have been as low as $5 and some (Yakface) have been more than $80.

One thing I've noticed, there are always Kubricks for sale, so look around and wait for the best deals.

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2007, 03:41 PM »
How about the cases? I see one listing on ebay for a 20 pack of official ones. I've read on here about Johnny Lighning ones and the TRU won't be carrying them? Any other places. I know couple won't fit in the official cases, but I like how they stack.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2007, 02:28 PM »
I've ordered a custom case from a guy that sells them on eBay.  Its gonna cost me a bundle, but I'll have a single mirrored back case that will fit 160 slots.  If i recall, its roughly 40" by 30" (but I could be off on the dimensions).

Offline CloneTrooperJr

• Youngling
  • Force Cast Game Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2007, 05:41 AM »
Can anyone answer me the following questions? Thanks
I have a relative in japan, and I was wondering... How do I join the club? When there is an exclusive, how many may an club member purchase?  ???
Thanks ;)
Check it out, The Force Cast Gaming Mod!
Yellow Harvest Official Webpage

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2007, 11:49 AM »
Can anyone answer me the following questions? Thanks
I have a relative in japan, and I was wondering... How do I join the club? When there is an exclusive, how many may an club member purchase?  ???
Thanks ;)

All Exclusives are one per address.
Only available inside Japan to Memebers of Medicom Club.
Some Exclusives offered are under a Lottery system when the Numbers are limited, so you can request to buy it, but if your name is not picked you are out of luck.
Both of these will be Lottery.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 3, 2008, 01:11 PM »
I've read on here about Johnny Lighning ones and the TRU won't be carrying them? Any other places. I know couple won't fit in the official cases, but I like how they stack.

I just ordered 12 Johnny Lightning cases from Troys Toys.  Price was $6.50 each and a flat $8 for shipping, no matter how many you buy.  This is the only e-tailer I've found that still has these listed as in-stock.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline CptHansOlo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2008, 08:59 AM »
Hi everybody

I couldn't find this on the board, but can somebody tell me how many basic sets you get on average from a full case ?
If it is still possible, i would like to order with the mega order for series 9. Because the price difference makes it  interesting enough for me to order.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2008, 09:47 AM »
Hi everybody

I couldn't find this on the board, but can somebody tell me how many basic sets you get on average from a full case ?
If it is still possible, i would like to order with the mega order for series 9. Because the price difference makes it  interesting enough for me to order.

A Master Case (48 Kubrick) has 4 boxes of 12 Kubricks .  Each box of 12 contains one set of six kubricks (some in duplicate but not an entire series in duplicate).  So you'll get 4 total basic sets (24 Kubricks) and if the chase ratio holds true, you'll get 2 "common" chases in on of those boxes of 12 and 1 "rare" chase in the master case (1:96).  There are 2 rare chases and one is packed in every other case (so 2 full master cases would get both rare chase).

More information than you asked for, but I hope it helps.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2008, 10:52 AM »
There are 2 rare chases and one is packed in every other case (so 2 full master cases would get both rare chase).

I thought that the pulling of chases was dependent on were they cases came from? Hong Kong cases got one chase and Japan cases got the other.

So, if you buy 2 cases, both from the same source, you'd get 2 of the same chase figures.

Am I right here? Jeff? Scott? Dan? Anybody?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 10:54 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2008, 11:45 AM »
There are 2 rare chases and one is packed in every other case (so 2 full master cases would get both rare chase).

I thought that the pulling of chases was dependent on were they cases came from? Hong Kong cases got one chase and Japan cases got the other.

So, if you buy 2 cases, both from the same source, you'd get 2 of the same chase figures.

Am I right here? Jeff? Scott? Dan? Anybody?

You've been doing this longer than me, so you may be right.  However, I thought it was just ever other case.