Author Topic: Kubrick Newbies - Questions and Advice  (Read 97989 times)

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
Re: Kubrick Newbies - Questions and Advice
« Reply #150 on: September 6, 2009, 03:00 AM »
I've found Hong Kong sellers the cheapest for postage followed by Japan and then the states. It really depends on what you're buying of course .
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 6, 2009, 04:57 PM »
I've found Hong Kong sellers the cheapest for postage followed by Japan and then the states. It really depends on what you're buying of course .

Thanks, I'll bare that it mind. I'd just seen single figures from the states with postage at £17 which I thought was a bit extreme.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 6, 2009, 10:44 PM »
If you're collecting loose, I've had really good luck contacting Ebay sellers and getting them to lower their shipping costs for loose figures.  You'd be surprised at how much people will knock of vs. their list price.  Good luck!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 7, 2009, 02:15 AM »

Thanks, I'll bare that it mind. I'd just seen single figures from the states with postage at £17 which I thought was a bit extreme.

That's because they're using a trackable and insured postal service. I find it annoying as hell but I understand why they do it. Like JediJman I also recommend contacting the seller and asking them about changing the postage.

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 7, 2009, 01:31 PM »
If you're collecting loose, I've had really good luck contacting Ebay sellers and getting them to lower their shipping costs for loose figures.  You'd be surprised at how much people will knock of vs. their list price.  Good luck!

That's because they're using a trackable and insured postal service. I find it annoying as hell but I understand why they do it. Like JediJman I also recommend contacting the seller and asking them about changing the postage.
Thanks for the info, I'll try that in future.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2010, 09:41 PM »
Sorry for butting in - but I now officially own 2 SW Kubrick's.......Why do these things have holes in the upper part of their feet ?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2010, 09:51 PM »
They are there to accept additional parts to create character specific feet. Here is Bossk for example.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:52 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2010, 01:52 PM »
Are these 2 figures actually the same? I know they both have the red/yellow gauntlets.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2010, 04:16 PM »
Yes, the carded Bape Fett is the same as the Vintage Secret from Series 1.

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2010, 02:58 PM »
 I see that the Biker Scout that comes in the speeder bike box set has a battle damaged uniform. Does anyone know if the bike itself differs from the bike that comes with the Luke and Leia set? 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2010, 03:12 PM »
I see that the Biker Scout that comes in the speeder bike box set has a battle damaged uniform. Does anyone know if the bike itself differs from the bike that comes with the Luke and Leia set? 

I'm not positive, but I think that there are indeed some coloration differences between the two, most notably, the pouch behind the seat.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline buttheadsmate

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2010, 03:34 PM »

I'm in the UK & although I'm just a lurker I buy most of my stuff from the US,Japan & HK/China. Whether my opinion is worth anything being a newbie & all  ;)  but you should also consider 'HM Customs' who often tend to charge import duty on high cost 'declared' items from the US yet tend to turn a blind eye to virtually everything I buy from HK/China & Japan. Until you get stung you tend to dismiss this as 'happening to someone else' but can often add up to a fair sum of money. Just saying.   

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2010, 04:31 PM »

I'm not positive, but I think that there are indeed some coloration differences between the two, most notably, the pouch behind the seat.

I bought my Luke and Leia set boxed and sealed, and a loose Bikerscout set from Stealthtank, and they are identical as far as I can tell. Color, weathering, even button colors are all the same.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2010, 04:50 PM »
I'm in the UK & although I'm just a lurker I buy most of my stuff from the US,Japan & HK/China. Whether my opinion is worth anything being a newbie & all  ;)  but you should also consider 'HM Customs' who often tend to charge import duty on high cost 'declared' items from the US yet tend to turn a blind eye to virtually everything I buy from HK/China & Japan. Until you get stung you tend to dismiss this as 'happening to someone else' but can often add up to a fair sum of money. Just saying.   

I think you'll find that's because the Asian sellers lie on the customs form where as US sellars often don't.

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2010, 04:53 PM »
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for your expertise, guys. I picked up a Luke and Leia speeder bike set, and I was toying with maybe getting the biker scout set. Might just save my money and just get a regular biker scout for now though, and let them take turns with the bike.  ;)