Author Topic: Endor Troopers dissapearing?  (Read 6308 times)

Offline Batman

• Youngling
  • I'm Batman!
    • View Profile
Endor Troopers dissapearing?
« on: June 8, 2003, 11:33 PM »
I was thinking about the scene where Luke, Han, and Chewie are captured by the Ewoks and I was wondering where all the Endor Troopers went while they were in the Ewok village?  They showed up later in the Endor battle when Han tapped the scout troopers shoulder and made him chase him into the Endor troopers!  There must be an explanation to this! ???
Corey aka Batman

"Even the smallest people can change the course of the future."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Endor Troopers dissapearing?
« Reply #1 on: June 8, 2003, 11:35 PM »
They probably got out of costume and either went home or waited for the next take  :P
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Jango Fettish

« Reply #2 on: June 9, 2003, 12:30 AM »
It's just one of those unexplained mysteries, i.e. whatever happened to General Rieekan. Leia was the one that stuck around and started the evacuation, so did he just..go?
Heck, what happened to the 5 Bounty Hunters that DIDN'T catch Han Solo?
« Last Edit: June 9, 2003, 12:55 AM by Jango Fettish »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: June 9, 2003, 04:25 AM »
For the Endor soldiers, Han told them to meet up at the bunker as I recall.  That was so they could split up to search for Leia.  Since they are at the bunker, they've just been off avoiding Imperial capture I guess, till they could meet up with Han.

What's a better question...  Where's the REST of them?  There were 3 Dresellian scouts who went along with them, as per the hangar scenes in ROTJ (at least 3 Dresellians are seen walking into the Tyderium, so unless they were just checking out the interior I'd say they went along) and the Shuttle can hold many more troops...  It's likely many more went.  Enough to fill the shuttle fairly well anyway.

I've always felt those other troops went off looking for another way in, or were sabotaging various areas of the Imperial Garrison on Endor...  The various elements of the Imperial base are spread out, so maybe the 2nd commando party was off causing some trouble?  They possibly even diverted the Imperial's attention to the main entrance of the power complex?  Hard to say for certain, as almost anything's possible.

When Han and the crew are leaving the Tyderium though, there's only a handful of troops following them though, so those other fellows took off somewhere. :)

As for where Rieekan went, I think I have something for that one.  The base had seemingly been evacuated.  Since Rieekan was the base commander, he'd be shuffled off immediately.  I'd wager he was at the transport site where Luke met up with Rogue Squad to get his X-Wing.  

In the game Rogue Leader, the Battle of Hoth is played out in its entirety, sort of...  You see the Imperials from their landing zone all the way to their actual 2 fronts.  

One front is an assault on the Ion Cannon complex by waves of AT-ST's and infantry which must be taken out first.  

The second front is the main trench, and presumably the "North Ridge" where Leia was diverting troops...  Also this would be the "hangar" bay, so it makes sense since she said "to protect the fighters" if I am recalling correctly my dialogue...  

Leia stuck behind I guess just so a competent leader was there (She would be a morale boost, especially if we follow the EU that says most of the troops at Hoth were Alderaanian nationals who wanted to get some payback).  Leia's presence "in charge" would give a morale boost then, but it's also assuming she knows a thing or two about military tactics.  By Jedi she's wearing the uniform of some form of Alliance Officer though, and at Hoth she is diverting troops rather forcefully.  She may be more than just good at working the Senate floor. :)

Rikeean though would definately be shuffled off quickly.  I'd say one of the transports probably had a heftier fighter cover as a VIP transport of sorts...  Maybe it would even be launched just slightly behind 1 or 2 other transports in an attempt to have a decoy screen.

Competent officers with experience are supposedly in short supply for the Alliance though, so they're a valuable commodity.

Where's my damn Rikeean figure?  He's too cool to not have a figure yet...   ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 12:44 AM »

What's a better question...  Where's the REST of them?  There were 3 Dresellian scouts who went along with them, as per the hangar scenes in ROTJ (at least 3 Dresellians are seen walking into the Tyderium, so unless they were just checking out the interior I'd say they went along) and the Shuttle can hold many more troops...  It's likely many more went.  

As a Dresselian I can attest that we are known to check out the upholstery of shuttle then run from the fight.

How much would I have loved it if the Dresselians were shown with their slug firing weapons (as opposed to blasters) knocking off stormies?

A lot.

Good point JJ.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 02:44 AM »
There is no denying that Ewoks have a taste for human flesh.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 06:54 PM »
I have heard that you can see on Prune face or one of his species briefly behind a tree in one of the shots of the group.  I'm not sure where though except on Endor.  I think just as they are leaving the shuttle to go to the Bunker.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2003, 01:53 PM »
I have heard that you can see on Prune face or one of his species briefly behind a tree in one of the shots of the group.  I'm not sure where though except on Endor.  I think just as they are leaving the shuttle to go to the Bunker.

You have just become my sunshine in an otherwise cloudy month.

:D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2003, 09:00 PM »
I still can't believe the Ewoks beat the Imperal Army based on Endor.  I know there were some Rebel soldiers there with the Ewoks, but there were less than 20 of them (if I remember right).  Ewoks... who needs 'em?   :P
dustrho

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2003, 09:48 PM »
I still can't believe the Ewoks beat the Imperal Army based on Endor.  I know there were some Rebel soldiers there with the Ewoks, but there were less than 20 of them (if I remember right).  Ewoks... who needs 'em?   :P

It was all about the Dresselian commandos there.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2003, 05:08 PM »
It would have been frowned upon to roast an Ewok inside of their own village.  Who can resist the aroma of barbecued Ewok???
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2003, 09:35 PM »
Maybe McDonalds can come up with... The McEwok Sandwich.  Yummy!   ;D
dustrho

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2003, 02:02 PM »
I just like to assume the Dresselians were spread out over the forest sniping Imperial Patrols.

And Han does say something about meeting up at the shield generator at some specific time, so they probably just camped out somewhere until then.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2003, 09:45 PM »
Solo definately tells him that they will meet at the generator, and Now that I hear that a Prune Face can be seen I'll have to watch it real slow on the Bootleg DVD and see if I can get a screeen capture of it.  Somebody would have to tell me how to post it though....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2003, 02:34 AM »
Paul, dude, if you can get captures from the film and send them out, you are THE man for customizing...

I may be nagging you severely for help in the near future, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77