Author Topic: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 37710 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2007, 01:19 AM »
I think as a toy the TR works perfectly fine and is a great gesture on Hasbro's part.  The figure - he sort of looks like he did steroids, from the waist up anyway.  My POTJ Bespin Han is still the best!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Yeah, I think the torture rack is a great accessory - especially at the basic line price.  It might not be 100% accurate, but it looks good to me - especially for a $7 toy.  This wave will hopefully be shipping this week, and I'm looking forward to it.

I have to agree about the POTJ Bespin Han, that's one of my favorite figures of all time.  Honestly, if they could have just figured out how to add in the modern/ball-jointed articulation into that figure, I woudl be pretty happy.  This one doesn't look too bad, but from pictures it doesn't quite look like it is "ultimate Bespin Han" at this point.  They're probably saving that for the next time we get a round of VTSC figures.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2007, 09:29 AM »
The torture rack isn't very accurate,

True, but I think there'd be a lot of broken toys otherwise.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2007, 12:27 AM »
I'd call it "not completely accurate" rather than "not very accurate", because that suggests it looks NOTHING like the movie prop (which it certainly does!), but yeah, there are fewer devices to torture Han with  :P
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2007, 10:33 AM »
I think this accessory is more than adequate.  I've been wanting for them to make this since around 1997, so I'm very pleased that they are even making it.  True, it could be better, but for a pack-in, this is about as good as it gets (after the moisture vaporator of course).

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 1, 2007, 01:11 AM »

You gotta love it! The new 4Lom is cool, but he will be way more accurate looking when I get done - I will post pics of that when I am done!
« Last Edit: October 1, 2007, 01:11 AM by AmanaMatt »
Waiting for you in my special place...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 1, 2007, 02:09 AM »
Wow!  Even though I've seen the new 4-LOM in person and I've been lobbying for this resculpt for years, seeing the contrast between the POTF2 version and the new 30AC version is astonishing.  So are the knees and ankles articulated on the new 4-LOM?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 1, 2007, 09:19 AM »
I can't believe this wave is showing up already. That's 4 waves in one month, 7 if you count the 3 other UGH cases. :o Still, I look forward to it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 1, 2007, 10:45 AM »
Wow!  Even though I've seen the new 4-LOM in person and I've been lobbying for this resculpt for years, seeing the contrast between the POTF2 version and the new 30AC version is astonishing.  So are the knees and ankles articulated on the new 4-LOM?

Yes, they are ball jointed, so they bend and turn!  He is SA in almost every way. My only gripe: to accomplish this they had to sacrified protocol arm detail! I am in the process of customizing mine!

Heres another pic, this one of Smuggler Lando versus that 'awful' Vintage Lando that everyone puts down these days! This does illustrate what the "Vintage" line offered in terms of quality!

« Last Edit: October 1, 2007, 12:11 PM by AmanaMatt »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 1, 2007, 08:04 PM »
I can't believe this wave is showing up already. That's 4 waves in one month, 7 if you count the 3 other UGH cases. :o Still, I look forward to it.

Hopefully with more waves out at one time I can actually find something!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 1, 2007, 10:14 PM »
I always liked that VOTC Lando, and like this new Lando even more.  I'll definitely get another one for customizing purposes.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #116 on: October 1, 2007, 10:16 PM »
I dig the VOTC Lando as well. Makes me want to accost a princess or take a pull from a Colt 45
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #117 on: October 1, 2007, 10:49 PM »
Heres another pic, this one of Smuggler Lando versus that 'awful' Vintage Lando that everyone puts down these days! This does illustrate what the "Vintage" line offered in terms of quality!

That's pretty good.

Now do one of the new 4-LOM and the VOTC-3PO.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 1, 2007, 11:25 PM »
I'm surprised at how much more I like the new Lando's head sculpt.

Also, I found out that when I found the Wave 6 figures tonight (at 5:30PM), another collector who posts at a local Missouri board grabbed the Snowtroopers just 30 minutes before me... was so close to already scoring those!

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 2, 2007, 12:27 AM »

That's pretty good.

Now do one of the new 4-LOM and the VOTC-3PO.

Oh, Man, I do not have a loose version of the Votc anymore - that is my least fav version of that character! Sorry!