Author Topic: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 37615 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #135 on: October 8, 2007, 02:22 PM »
Mine's the same way, but it's really very minor/tough to notice.  No problem standing mine either...

Would love to army build this guy, but AB'ing a McQuarrie figure is a pipe dream at this point I think. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 9, 2007, 10:28 AM »
Mine's the same way, but it's really very minor/tough to notice.  No problem standing mine either...

Would love to army build this guy, but AB'ing a McQuarrie figure is a pipe dream at this point I think. ;)

I think I'm up to 10 Stormies (2 of the old version) and 3 Snowies so far. :)  12 of each would be nice.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 9, 2007, 11:04 AM »
I got my case of Wave 6 figures in from Newforce yesterday.  The McFlurry is really one hell of a figure. I love how you can remove the covering of his mask.  This might be my favorite figure this whole year!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 9, 2007, 07:08 PM »
I got my Case from NFC tonight as well.  Haven't opened it yet but looking forward to doing so!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2007, 12:26 AM »
I got a General McQuarrie yesterday, and I have to say again that I think the Bren Derlin sculpt is HIGHLY underrated.  Despite lack of knee articulation, the stance, proportions, and sculpting detail (like the pocket flaps) are outstanding.  The head sculpt is great too; he may not be a dead ringer for Ralph, but it's a good older man effort, better than Dodonna for sure.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2007, 08:51 AM »
It seems as if Wave 6 is currently in stock at HTS.  The McQuarrie Snowtrooper was not last time I checked, but I did see the others in stock.  Also, the 25FALL promo code seems to still work for 25% off plus free shipping.  Just a heads up if anyone is interested.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2007, 09:27 AM »
It seems as if Wave 6 is currently in stock at HTS.  The McQuarrie Snowtrooper was not last time I checked, but I did see the others in stock.  Also, the 25FALL promo code seems to still work for 25% off plus free shipping.  Just a heads up if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the tip Brian.  I also noticed that the McVader is back listed as 'Coming Soon' too this morning.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2007, 06:53 PM »
I found Smuggler Outfit Lando and 4-LOM at TRU today.

Lando is a very good figure, but it didn't feel like a good value at almost eight dollars. He only comes with that little blaster. The arms and hands are a little annoying and the eyes look a little funny, but other than that I'm still happy with the figure. Could've been worse.

4-LOM is also a very good figure. It was nice to add another excellent SA resculpt to my bounty hunters display. He's no IG-88, but he's definitely the definitive 4-LOM.

I'm also waiting for Han and his rack from HTS, should arrive soon. I didn't see General McQuarrie at TRU and I'll probably never see the McSnowtrooper, but this small wave is a nice break and at least now I have a chance to find Wave 5.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2007, 08:45 PM »
Lando is a very good figure, but it didn't feel like a good value at almost eight dollars. He only comes with that little blaster. The arms and hands are a little annoying and the eyes look a little funny, but other than that I'm still happy with the figure. Could've been worse.

The thing about the eyes is something to keep a watch for. I got mine from a friend who snagged extras. After grabbing one of the extras and seeing that Lando had the "eyes-rolled-into-the-back-of-the-head-zombie" look, I took one of the others that had good paint apps on the eyes.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2007, 08:59 PM »
Mine isn't quite a zombie, but they're just a little weird when looking really closely. Nothing too distracting.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2007, 09:11 AM »
Still looking for Lando and Han torture.  I'm surprised I was able to find 4-LOM (and there were a few there) but saw only one McQuarrie and no Landos.  I imagine Target will get caught up with waves 4, 5, and 6 soon, and a WM I frequent will get wave 6 for the first time.
Greg Reeves

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Still looking for Lando and Han torture. 

I wouldn't worry about them. You're gonna be seein' lots of 'em.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 09:08 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2007, 01:38 AM »
I can help you out with those if you want Daigo-Bah.

Also, I found Wave 6 at Target today.  Very cool since I finally got the McQuarrie Snowtrooper at retail - with these two, the two I got from www.newforcecomics.com, plus the one Jeff is sending me, I'm up to 5... meaning I can customize one and not feel guilty... that removable mask is just awesome and I can see the helmet being used for an awesome custom.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2007, 08:27 PM »
Thanks Chewie- I think I'll be ok soon with figure releases though.  The wave 6 figs I found were at one WM of about 3 I frequent, and none at the 2 Targets either.  I'm sure they'll get there soon enough!
Greg Reeves

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2007, 08:54 PM »
I went to a Khols yesterday, and they had 3 Mcsnowie. the sigh  above it said "25% off 7.49. So I passed, but then I remember seeing another sign in the store that said "30% 6.99 but I didnt click"  So I went back today, and there were two different sale sighns. One in the toy section, and one on their moblile end cap. I bought another McSnowie.  I also went to TRUS and they had 3 McVaders, bought one.  The Taget I went to had SL w3 with a Dark Trooper, I left it I have 3 of those.