Author Topic: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 37525 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2007, 03:48 PM »
I was actualy thinking they might be VOTC Lando's arms...  The torso's definitely new though.  Legs are impossible to tell from the photo scum had but the arms could be VOTC Lando's I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2007, 03:49 PM »
Yeah, its hard to say, I just thought they looked similar HERE.  Like I said, not that its a bad thing, just an observation.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2007, 08:08 PM »
I was just looking through some of the coverage at JediInsider, the Bespin Han does appear to be super-articulated - woo hoo :).

Han w/Torture Rack
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 08:09 PM by Brian »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2007, 08:57 PM »
Gen. McQuarrie got the pointy finger sculpt (unfortunately not the right finger is pointing  ;))

4-LOM... love it.
Han, too.
Lando looks to be cool, too!

Great wave on the Big H's part.

Jay and Matt, you're sick.  ;) I had to stifle my chuckle at work.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 09:40 PM »
Gen. MCQ looks like a re-hash of Derlin. amazing looking wave though. concept sotrmy anyone :)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2007, 11:53 PM »
Gen. MCQ looks like a re-hash of Derlin.

See, I wasn't so sure.  I think his body sculpt is new.  Can anyone confirm either way?
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2007, 12:14 AM »
See, I wasn't so sure.  I think his body sculpt is new.  Can anyone confirm either way?

it's not official, but holding my figure up next to the best photo I can find, they definitely look the same.

Which doesn't bother me in the least considering that they're neutrally posed and wearing identical uniforms.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2007, 02:05 AM »
I'm not terribly bothered by the McQ General either other than the lack of leg articulation really, but in general Derlin was nice and neutral...  I do appreciate the inclusion of the helmet though.  I know not everyone may care on that but to me it's a big plus to the figure's displayability.

The more I see Han the more I like it even if he's just a statue...  Something nice about that for $7.  I feel the same slightly about Umpass Stay...  He's cooler looking and growing on me over time.

I think though of the ESB figures that the McSnowie is really my favorite...  He doubles as an EU figure too, as the design was incorporated into the EU (west end games RPG's to be specific) many moons ago.  But in general it's just a sharp looking concept art figure too.  I'd love a rebel to accompany him.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2007, 09:46 AM »
Well rounded wave for me. No real army builders either. Maybe I'l pick up 9 Concept Snowtroopers for a squad, but that shouldn't be too hard.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2007, 04:57 PM »
I really want to see Han without the rack... looks awesome and I have always wanted a torture rack for him.  Bespin Han was my favorite figure of the vintage line and I was disappointed that they made Hoth Han the vintage this year.

I can see why now... they wouldn't have been able to include the rack with a Vinatge one.  I actually wonder if the sculpt was originally destined to be in the vinatge line...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2007, 04:49 PM »
NewForce is now taking pre-orders for this case...

Scheduled to contain:
1x DEATH STAR TROOPER
1x STORMTROOPER
2x MCQUARRIE SNOWTROOPER (new)
2x HAN SOLO W/TORTURE RACK (new)
2x LANDO IN SMUGGLER OUTFIT (new)
2x REBEL TROOPER MCQUARRIE (new)
2x 4-LOM (new)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2007, 05:13 PM »
That is at least a 2 case order....just to Army build the McSnowie...plus if Han Torture really has the different heads/torsos as rumored, I'll need that many just to spread around the ESB dioramas (that I don't have, but I've been missing this Han).

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2007, 05:22 PM »
Hi-res pics are over at JediInsider now...

4-LOM, Lando, and McSnowtrooper are incredible.

Unfortunately, Han's shoulder's are VERY large for some reason... this is a big disappointment to me, he was my favorite in the old line and it just seems like there's always something weird about his sculpt in the new line.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2007, 06:27 PM »
I'll definitely pre-order me a case of that.  :-*

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2007, 12:17 AM »

Unfortunately, Han's shoulder's are VERY large for some reason... this is a big disappointment to me, he was my favorite in the old line and it just seems like there's always something weird about his sculpt in the new line.

I get the feeling that this Han is really intended to be scene specific to the torture rack.  Hence the expression on his face.  Besides, I think that there's a Bespin Han Solo in the works for the vintage line at some point soon.  There aren't a whole lot of choices left for Han Solo in the vintage line, and Hasbro has managed to work Han into almost every vintage line so far.  Have faith!

The production photos look good though.  It's a solid wave.  The character choices are nice, with 2 core characters, a bounty hunter/droid, a trooper/tribute to Ralph McQuarrie and an incredible concept figure/army builder.

I've been waiting for a really good 4-LOM for years now, and it's nice to see Hasbro come through on that.  There's going to be limited articulation because of the design of the character.  Hey, protocol droids are exactly nimble.  But the sculpt looks amazing.

The General Pharl McQuarrie is cool.  Mainly because of the tribute to Ralph McQuarrie.  I'll be getting 1 to keep carded to go along with my McQuarrie concept figures.  It belongs with them just because it's McQuarrie himself.  Other than that?  It's not a totally remarkable figure.  It seems like it's built on the Major Derlin body but with a new head and cover.  I like the fact that he appears to have a ball jointed head and it opens up the possibilities for quick and easy custom Hoth Rebel officers.

Lando?  Eh.  The Star Wars completist in me appreciates this but as an action figure fan?  He's not very exciting.  I appreciate that Hasbro's trying to do something different, and that it's kind of obscure...but it's just not that cool.

The McQuarrie Snowtrooper?  HOLY S***!  I had resolved not to army build with the McQuarrie Stormtrooper.  It's just not cool to do when they're packed one per case.  But the McQuarrie Snowtrooper really makes me want to break that vow.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback