Author Topic: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 37528 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2007, 09:38 AM »
I agree about tha Han. I'm holding out some hope that it's still a production sample.

Rest of the wave is cool though. Aside from picking up some extra McSnowtroopers, should be a fairly inexpensive one for me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2007, 09:53 AM »
I'm holding out some hope that it's still a production sample.

So you like it then?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2007, 10:08 AM »
The shoulders do look huge when he is not strapped into the rack, but the face sculpt makes it good for only that anyway. Either way i am happy with it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2007, 10:33 AM »
Honestly, nobody wants the figure.

With that said, I'm gracious for the stellar pack ins they are giving us this year. 

The torture rack, humidifier, bass drum, LIN droid - good stuff.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2007, 10:40 AM »

I want the figure...  :-[
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2007, 11:02 AM »
same here :s
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2007, 11:29 AM »

With that said, I'm gracious for the stellar pack ins they are giving us this year. 

The torture rack, humidifier, bass drum, LIN droid - good stuff.

I want the figure.

And I agree that the pack-ins are awesome.

I think I'd even be okay with them just carding accessories if they're big enough and cool enough to warrant the price.  None of that Episode 1 accessory packs garbage. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2007, 11:41 AM »
I'm definitely looking forward to the figure.  The head sculpt might make it slightly scene-specific, but with the ball-jointed heads they use these days, a swap isn't out of the question - and something even I could do.  Either way, it will look cool to just display with that torture rack.  Although the shoulders might be a little big, the body looks like a good base for an "ultimate" Bespin Han Solo, very nicely articulated.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2007, 12:40 PM »
I think I'd even be okay with them just carding accessories if they're big enough and cool enough to warrant the price.  None of that Episode 1 accessory packs garbage. 

I agree totally.  Every Tatooine Luke I've bought has been just for the moisture vaporator.

:P
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 12:40 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2007, 02:32 PM »
This is an Easy fix for the solo. This shoulders stick out, Boil and pop his arms, the boil and pop the upper arms of a Hoth Han, then place the Han vtac shoulders in, then Boil and pop the lower arms of the Bespin arms, place them in the upper vtac arms. Paint it to match. That will work if the shoulders are big and thats what the problem is, if the shoulder joint is too shallow, you'll have to fix it with a dremel. That takes a bit more skill though.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2007, 03:48 PM »
This is an Easy fix for the solo. This shoulders stick out, Boil and pop his arms, the boil and pop the upper arms of a Hoth Han, then place the Han vtac shoulders in, then Boil and pop the lower arms of the Bespin arms, place them in the upper vtac arms. Paint it to match. That will work if the shoulders are big and thats what the problem is, if the shoulder joint is too shallow, you'll have to fix it with a dremel. That takes a bit more skill though.

Yes, an easy fix.  I'm sure everyone here has the skills, time, patience, and money to do all that.  No problem.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2007, 04:10 PM »
Not to mention you cannot just "boil & pop" many ball/socket joints lickity split...  Considering it appears as though Han's torso has a ball/socket joint, that means his upper torso (and lower for that matter) are made of rigid plastic.  The pins of ball/socket joints are also made of rigid plastic, and thus you have to crack torsoes to remove the ball/socket arms.

Nothing easy to that...  Not by a longshot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2007, 04:22 PM »
Yeah, if the upper torso is made of a rigid plastic, it could be a more difficult custom to upgrade... damn!  Hopefully it will be a softer plastic material... if it is, then anyone with 5 minutes of patience and a dremel could probably make it look a lot better. 

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2007, 05:24 PM »
And not to mentione that the Hoth Han's jacket isn't anywhere near the texture sculpting of the Bespin Han's as well...  More to it than just swapping parts even if it's an easy swap of parts, which I 100% doubt it would be (again ball/socket Torso + ball/socket shoulders = a much more complex removal of parts).

But yeah, Han's Hoth coat is way different anyway.

No excuses for Hasbro about how you should have to buy a $10 figure to tear up and combine with your $7 figure so it looks normal.  I think $10's pricey for a figure, so $17's a bit much. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2007, 05:30 PM »
Hasbro's probably going to swindle us, by doing another Bespin Han with a non-painful look & new arms in next year's Vintage line-up.  :-\ I still like the figure though.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m