Author Topic: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 37529 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2007, 06:31 PM »
This is an Easy fix for the solo. This shoulders stick out, Boil and pop his arms, the boil and pop the upper arms of a Hoth Han, then place the Han vtac shoulders in, then Boil and pop the lower arms of the Bespin arms, place them in the upper vtac arms. Paint it to match. That will work if the shoulders are big and thats what the problem is, if the shoulder joint is too shallow, you'll have to fix it with a dremel. That takes a bit more skill though.

Or if you want to keep it much more simple, you could always sculpt and cast one from scratch.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2007, 08:45 PM »
LOL!  Anyway, I am in the camp that does not really care for that figure but definately want that torture rack.  The POTJ Bespin Han appeals to me more than what they are releasing this year.  I am sure once I strap the TAC version into the rack I won't care either way.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2007, 12:40 AM »
I think I'll just keep that Han in the torture rack. The POTJ version is one of my favorite Star Wars figures ever made, so I doubt that will be leaving my shelf anytime soon.

The rest of the wave looks OK. I've bought pretty much everything else this year, so why stop there?  ::)  :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:13 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2007, 02:22 AM »
I'd like a dopey looking, hair messed up, dazed and confused version of that Han (an extra head) packed in so you can have him dragged into the cell to meet up with Chewbacca. :) 

Yeah I'm leaving mine in the torture rack too I think.  It's pretty much a one-trick-pony despite the cool articulation.  Applaud Hasbro for that, dig the figure for what it is, but it's pretty useless outside the rack.

Or if you want to keep it much more simple, you could always sculpt and cast one from scratch

Hah!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2007, 09:41 AM »
I'm holding out some hope that it's still a production sample.

So you like it then?

Sure, it's been on my short list since... forever. However, based on the current photo, the POTJ bespin Han still might be the best one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2007, 11:33 AM »
Well, I know this isn't a customizing thread but since we were talking about how hard it would be to remove the shoulders from that Han, I looked at my VTAC Bespin Luke last night because it has a ball joint.  I thought that it had a soft plastic torso, but was wrong.  I went ahead and tried to remove the arms/legs using the boil-pop method.  About 5 minutes later I threw the figure away in disgust.  Needless to say, the joints broke.

:P

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2007, 12:59 PM »
About 5 minutes later I threw the figure away in disgust.  Needless to say, the joints broke.

Say it ain't so, or at least you can dig him out-I'll take him  ;)
I've got an idea for a Dagobah luke but haven't wanted to spend the $10 just to brake him apart.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Are you serious??, dang I has some ideas that i wanted to use that figure for :'(

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2007, 02:53 PM »
Sorry to say, it's probably on its way to a landfill by now... trash man comes Friday mornings.   

I guess I shouldn't have pitched him.  I did manage to save the head, hands and shins though.  :-\

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2007, 10:05 PM »
LOVE this wave.  But I thought I'd have fun with a crude attempt at "fixing" the Han's shoulders.  Keep in mind that this is in MS Paint, not photoshop, so the quality is low.  I just wanted to see how narrower shoulders would look:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2007, 11:29 AM »
Haven't seen any mention of this anywhere, but the pic here
www.rebelscum.com/SDCC07/Hasbropanel/image75.asp
looks to have the second torso that was rumored.  The clearer pics are blocked with the other pics of the figs in this wave.  Maybe this is why the arms look so huge at the shoulders, because maybe they're removable.  The pics over at the other site also has hi-rez pics of this wave but there's still no mention of a 2nd torso though.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2007, 10:32 PM »
Sample carded wave 6 general mcquarrie and mcquarrie snowtrooper

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2007, 10:47 PM »
SWEET, I'm gonna buy an extra General McQuarrie and put a General Rieekan head on him.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 10:48 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: September 1, 2007, 12:24 AM »
My only disappointment with the Concept Snowtrooper is that he doesn't have a Rebel to blast!  I really wish Hasbro had gone with a companion for that figure because it's just outstanding.

For EU fans too, the concept snowie's design was used in some EU material as a "legitimate" Trooper type...  I'm too lazy to look it up but I know it was recycled in early EU.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 1, 2007, 09:21 AM »
I guess I'm just being picky this morning. This new picture of the Snowtrooper really brings out the limitation of the head sculpt. The Concept painting has some facial character, but the headsculpt lacks that little something that basically gives him a look as threatening as a traditional yellow happy face.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."