Author Topic: Celebration IV JD Gathering! When?  (Read 21803 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration IV JD Gathering! When?
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 10:22 PM »
I'm thinking I will be at the Hard Rock earlier then 730 but will stay to hang out with you guys for a while.  I figure I could stay till 815 or so and be still in time for the Fisher Event.   

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2007, 01:29 PM »
I would be interested in attending this event, but why is everyone so keen on Hooters?

It's actually a bit of a schlep from the downtown area.  It'll take a while just to get there.  Universal City Walk is very cheesy and the parking is extremely expensive.

That's to say nothing of how silly a place Hooters is anyway.

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2007, 01:32 PM »
I would be interested in attending this event, but why is everyone so keen on Hooters?

Hooters was pretty much ruled out a couple pages back.  It just used to be a silly (albeit fun) JD tradition to meet up there.  But yeah, that's totally out of the way in this situation.

We were planning on trying to go to Hard Rock Cafe on Saturday night now instead.  Some of the outta towners were interested in going there, and if we try to carpool a bit, parking wouldn't be so bad.  Cheesy is also kinda "touristy" for the traveling folks as well.  I think parking's only $8 there now though, right?  Or has it gotten higher in recent months?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 01:34 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2007, 03:06 PM »
The most recent Hooters push was a jab at some guy on another site that was embarassing himself but couldn't see it...  Long story but it was basically a big crack at him for making himself look like a putz was all.  Have fun guys, wish I could be there this year. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2007, 03:40 PM »

Hooters was pretty much ruled out a couple pages back.  It just used to be a silly (albeit fun) JD tradition to meet up there.  But yeah, that's totally out of the way in this situation.

We were planning on trying to go to Hard Rock Cafe on Saturday night now instead.  Some of the outta towners were interested in going there, and if we try to carpool a bit, parking wouldn't be so bad.  Cheesy is also kinda "touristy" for the traveling folks as well.  I think parking's only $8 there now though, right?  Or has it gotten higher in recent months?

Sorry, I meant Hard Rock, too.

My point was that the Uni City Walk is far from downtown and parking is at least $10 a vehicle.

Personally, i hate the City Walk and Hard Rock Cafe (especially on the week-ends), but that's a personal preference.

if you're going to travel to a new city, why go to a chain you can go to any place?

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2007, 05:21 PM »
I thought there wasn't/isn't jack to do around the con center for the most part, or so I've been told by the folks who live there...  Seems you're gonna have to go somewhere to do something, regardless.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2007, 05:42 PM »
The Pantry like Jay suggested is really the only decent eatery close to the Convention Center that can hold big groups that's why I believe the Hard Rock was suggested as it's close and wouldn't be confusing direction wise to out of towners.

I'm gonna try to make as I promised some other friends I'd hang with them on Saturday night.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 02:40 AM »
Hard Rock is just for Saturday night, and I know some of the out of towners were wanting to check it out.  But by no means were we going to limit ourselves to that outting only.  I'm definitely down for going to the Pantry pretty much any/every other night, if that's easy.  Or the hotel bars, or whatever.

P.S.  Some of you guys (and gal) suck for already getting together without me tonight.  >:(
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 02:41 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2007, 04:44 AM »
Finally saw The Pantry tonight, and that's just a little hole in the wall dive restaurant.  Might be ok to grab a bite in after the Opening Ceremonies let out around 9pm, but it'd probably be a little more lively and social to walk across the street to the Holiday Inn and sit down in their nice bar area for a little while to relax and have a drink.  Not much else nearby though, unless you hit the Wilshire hotel and mall area about 20 minutes away...

I'll probably try to get in touch with everyone tomorrow afternoon to see what folks want to do.  Most of us will be at the Hasbro Q & A at 1:30 though, so stop by there if you can!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2007, 05:04 AM »
If that Fox Zone ends up opening up that may be our best bet. Holiday Inn looked kind of small.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2007, 09:15 AM »
I made reservations at Hard Rock for Saturday at 8:20PM.

To car pool, we'll need at least 3 cars. Any locals who are driving to the convention that day, please let me know, that will determine whether I drive or take the subway.

Let's plan on meeting under the Deathstar in the lobby at 7:30PM.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2007, 09:35 AM »
I made reservations at Hard Rock for Saturday at 8:20PM.

To car pool, we'll need at least 3 cars. Any locals who are driving to the convention that day, please let me know, that will determine whether I drive or take the subway.

Let's plan on meeting under the Deathstar in the lobby at 7:30PM.

I'm out of the Saturday meet up but possibly me be able to go there later to say hi, depending on how late you guys stay and how I figure out a way home.  How long are you guys usually hanging out?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2007, 09:21 PM »
Good to have dinner with you guys at Hard Rock last night. The Panty is actually a very historic place. People line up outside for hours to get in there. It doesn't look like much but the food is very good and you get lots of it. We had lunch there last wednesday. The place is owned by the former mayor of LA Richard Reardon.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2007, 12:03 AM »
I want to see the drunk pictures of Coleman. What would a JD gathering be without those?

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2007, 12:04 AM »
The Panty is actually a very historic place. People line up outside for hours to get in there. It doesn't look like much but the food is very good and you get lots of it. 
I want to see the drunk pictures of Coleman. What would a JD gathering be without those?

Drunken pics of Colman, in Panties?  That will SOOOOO help make up for missing CIV.  :-*
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 12:05 AM by Tracy »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(