Author Topic: It's Almost May and Saga2 is Still Being Restocked In Place of 30AC  (Read 44076 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Warming pegs in a store near you:
White and Black Endor Troopers
Luke endor (He is slowly moving so he is the best of the lot)
Endor C3P0
Death Star troopers
Padme arena
Naboo Soldier
Admirial Jerr Jerrotting
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Because 1 local WM got in 8 (yes 8!! ::)) cases of TSC the other day, I went in yesterday and saw so many once 'rare' figs like 12 Kashyyk scouts, 7 blue commanders, tons of engineers and #41 mold clones. There was also many SBD's and BD's in camo coloring as well.

What I hate is that we'll keep seeing these warming as well as the stoopid legends/H&V/Greatest Hits/whatever-they-call-their-peg-warming-refresher-wave-next line for the next 6 months ::). Now you'll have that much less room to stock TAC. And, please, no more lines of BS in here about how SKU's are different and it won't matter ect. It's all BS since my stores mix all the figs together on the pegs and don't differentiate anyway. It's relevant point too, since the last ratio of figs shipped was 3 cases TAC versus 8 cases of TSC-- at a continued ratio like that..it's gonna be a tough year for store finds :(.

Which is why I get really pissed when we get these stupid poles asking to vote on legends wave contents.
Those people that vote just feed Hasbro into believing that they can sell another refresher line once they look at their poll participation. Just like the pole on the front page about vehicle rereleases....Those options must have been placed by Hasbro themselves and forced to our collecting websites--since the only vehicle I've noticed for the last 5 years most folks have been clamoring for is the cloud car rerelease-- so why is that one not on the list?? Folks will continue to vote in these polls however to serve Hasbro's desires for resales ::)--they just better not be the ones who complain later about all the rehash/repaint garb.

DS    

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
the only vehicle I've noticed for the last 5 years most folks have been clamoring for is the cloud car rerelease-- so why is that one not on the list??

Not to side-track the thread, but the Cloud Car has never been released by Hasbro in the Modern Era, so it wasn't eligible for the current poll.  Our current poll features those five vehicles because they have all been released by Hasbro in the modern era and we've seen folks mention from time to time that they would like to see them brought back...

One of the upcoming polls is planned to be "Which Vintage Kenner vehicle would you most like to see get re-released?"  You'll get your chance to vote for the Cloud Car (or the Hoth Rebel Transport) then...  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
When is THAT poll, then? I don't want to miss that GRAND moment in my life.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I'm sick of the SAGA stuff too... even if the sku #'s are different, there's still NO ROOM for TAC figures at most stores so while they may have TAC stuff in the back, it's got nowhere to go.

:P

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
I'm finding it bother me less and less as time goes on, partially because I'm buying some higher-end stuff too that I never did before (so money is spreading out more now), and I have to admit that it's nice to see figures like DS Gunner and AT-AT Driver sitting on pegs consistently.  I think stores should always have certain figures at all times, and well-done Imperial army builders top that list for me.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Warming pegs in a store near you:

Death Star troopers

Gunners
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
WTF? I wish my areas were getting good pegwarmers, I'd love to pick up more Death Star Gunners and Endor troopers. All I can find are Endor 3PO, Jerjerrod, Leia Boussh and Greatest Battles Palpatine.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Eh, it's a drag.  But ever since 2002, I have have found every figure at retail eventually. 2 months from now we'll be sick of 30AC wave 2.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
I've not noticed the massive glut of Saga reshipments but then again I haven't exactly been frequenting retail as much as I'd like to of late.  The stuff some of you are seeing would be welcomed by me, but not all the End-Boo stuff...  I could stand more clone repaints, at least some of them anyway.

But the logjam it's creating at retail, I could just as easily do without Saga shipping at all right now.  30AC's been dead around me for a bit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Over here in the UK Toys'r'us are still stocking the shelves with the Saga line but strangely ASDA (Walmart owned supermarket) have moved into toys and are getting the new waves in very quickly.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
As always, I feel the need to point out that Hasbro's constant statements of "They have different SKUs so one shouldn't affect stocking/ordering of the other" is inherently flawed due to retail attitude toward the toys themselves.  When WM/Target/TRU look at the pegs, regardless of whether or not the SKU on the end is for H&V/GB, TSC, or 30AC, and they're filled with gobs of figures, all they see is that the pegs are full and there is no need for reordering/restocking.  A sea of Jerjerrods is the same thing as full pegs of TSC repack waves, 30AC figures, or whatever.  To retail, full pegs are full pegs and different SKUs don't even enter into their equation.

The reshipments of TSC would not be bothering me as much if they were actually reshipping figures that people had difficulty finding or were interested in to begin with instead of General Riekkan, C-3P0 with the Battle Droid head (which will be out AGAIN in a few weeks on a new card), or TPM Obi-Wan.  But, that being said, I think shipping two lines concurrently is not only hurting the current product's availability, it's also hurting the line as a whole because the glut of pegwarming TSC stuff is just sending the overall message to retail that SW isn't selling well.

And for the record, one of my local WMs has nothing but Jerjerrod, Endor Threepio, and Emperor Palpatine figures from TSC on the pegs, jammed full to the point of overflowing.  There are two 30AC Obi-Wans and 4 R2-D2s, but they're often pushed aside due to the overflow.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
In my area it's Final 22 & Vaders. Even Lushros, 3PO & Jerjerrod have said "Bye-Bye" to the pegs. What the ****!!?? We'll be seeing TSC into May!!! I might as well give up on TAC now & become a completist on TSC. God damn! There's not even a sign of the TAC pegwarmers!!! The delay for TAC is over, can theTSC line & only ship TAC. Man, Hasbro sucks at shipping the good figures this year!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
I was thinking along the same lines as Scott. We should be seeing the TAC next month during the anniversary push.

But yeah, Final 22 is everywhere. Wasn't quite sure if I'd be leaving Elites and Appos on the pegs, but here we are.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Oh how collecting would be ruined for me if TSC **** was still warming in the anniversary month, and the only actual anniversary figs to be had would be obis and R2s. Man that would suck!

Warming at my Targets:
Endor Troopers
Lushros Dofine (STILL!)
Padme arena
Cloud City Chewbacca
Bespin Confession Vader
Clone Sergeant

And the Episode 6 tins.

And its PISSING ME OFF!!!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 10:32 AM by Jeff »
David Delgado
Owner