Author Topic: It's Almost May and Saga2 is Still Being Restocked In Place of 30AC  (Read 44087 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
I went out of town this weekend, and found about five of those damn remix cases at a busy WM.

And I didn't find any SW or Transformers exclusives, which is what I was looking for.  ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I stopped by Wal-Mart for the first time in 2 or 3 weeks today (it was a nice break), and didn't see anything new.  I'm not sure if they've restocked with these remix cases or what, but they are just stuffed with TSC figures.  Still absolutely no sign of TAC figures, and I'm not sure they will even get any of Wave 1 before Wave 3 starts hitting.  I didn't really take the time to look closer, but I saw a lot of Enboo stuff, as well as the Greatest Battles figures.  I don't recall seeing any of the "Final 22" figures, aside from a lone Labria that's been sitting there for a bit.  In fact, I don't think I've ever seen Wave 8 or 9 there at all.  I guess its ok, because I've been able to cut WM out of my collecting runs, which is ok with me.  They did have two of the Wave 1 comic packs (both Vaders), and the newer Galactic Heroes/Unleashed BPs, but as far as the basic figure line, its been the same thing since the start of 07, if not longer.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I just can't wait for retailers to start clearancing the SAGA stuff.  It's really, really annoying to see the same figures every time I go on a toy run... really - it's the Endor/Naboo wave that seems to be causing the biggest backup in my area.  Every single retailer has too many of those figures.

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Count Pittsburgh among this phenomenon now too.  Every WM I visit is littered with Saga, some TRU's have restocked Saga, and Target has gotten in a bit as well.

I've seen everything from Restocks of the "Wal-Mart Wave" (full sets again) to 5th Fleet, to End-Boo, to Veers/AT-AT Drivers again.  Even Scorch and some other tougher to find figures are reappearing, but oddly I've seen only like 1 Sandtrooper...

Definite pegwarmers?  Jerjerrod, Leia Boussh, Arena Padme, Ktik, Labria, and much of the End-Boo Wave (Soldiers/Troopers especially).

30AC is definitely taking a back seat right now.  Not even pegspace for them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this is an insight into what may be going on or not. My nephew recently got a job at Wal-mart as one of those stalkers that go around following you because they think your stealing s***t. I asked if he could see if any of the stores he was training at could see if they were going to put out any of the 30AC figures and all of them basically said the same thing, as long as the pegs are stocked they probably won't even be ordering any of them since the ordering process is triggered by sales. That said I knew which Wal-Marts not to check that night to see if anything was going to be stocked. So I got lucky at the one and only Wal-Mart I hit that night. Here's the thing though, they had about 8 cases of star wars figures and only two were 30AC. I took 1 whole case, which I believe is wave 2 since it had 1 each of the mcboba and mcstormie along with no other duplicates and the extra boba and stormie from the other case for openers. Of the remaining 6 cases all were Saga so I didn't pay much attention to them other than 4 were 1 wave and 2 were another. The stock person though was actually nice and didn't mind me going through the pallet of stuff so I thought that was odd but welcome. It just sounds like Wal-Mart's not going to be much of an option for 30AC until near the middle/end of the waves.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Alright, I saw something yesterday as I hunted for TAC figs that got me VERY angry. At one of the Targets that I always thought was one of the best, the pegs were FULL, FULL as can be. And not of TAC stuff, but TSC crap. Endor Troopers, Jerjerod, Ewok Diety 3PO, Naboo Soldiers, Hoth and Endor Vaders, and Rieekan, Rieekan, Rieekan. That really pissed me off. If I cant find one more TAC by the actual anniversary date, then I quit!!!  >:(

I mean, there werent even any ******* COIN ALBUMS or even Obis!!!
« Last Edit: May 4, 2007, 11:05 AM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
I just moved up to Wisconsin from Illinois and went on my first toy run the other day.  In the area, there is only a Target, so I'm SOL for WM and TRU exclusives.  Unfortunately, the Target only had Enboo figures and three TAC white TIE Fighters.  Thankfully they at least had pegs for TAC figures, but they were nowhere to be seen, nor in the stockroom.  No Comic 2-Pack pegs, no space for Battle Packs, no Order-66 packs either...

I think I've found another reason to hate moving!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
I just moved up to Wisconsin from Illinois and went on my first toy run the other day.  In the area, there is only a Target, so I'm SOL for WM and TRU exclusives.  Unfortunately, the Target only had Enboo figures and three TAC white TIE Fighters.  Thankfully they at least had pegs for TAC figures, but they were nowhere to be seen, nor in the stockroom.  No Comic 2-Pack pegs, no space for Battle Packs, no Order-66 packs either...

I think I've found another reason to hate moving!

Holy crap! Thats almost exactly what I saw, there were also three TIEs at my Target I was just omplaining about! Are you sure you were in Wisconsin?  :o
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Holy crap! Thats almost exactly what I saw, there were also three TIEs at my Target I was just omplaining about! Are you sure you were in Wisconsin?  :o

Alas, I wish I were in Hawaii but instead I'm in southern Wisconsin...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Saw a perfect example of this last night.  A store had their freight out on the floor and I found 5 cases of TSC and 1 case of 30AC.  Whu?!?!?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
I saw ANOTHER perfect example of this 2day, what the fu*k is up with this? Just TSC sh!t, TSC sh!t, and more TSC sh!t!!! I quit [again.]

But Ill return to collecting once I find a single TAC.  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
im actually noticing more TAC. at my local TRU every wave 1 figure except for stormy and AB are pegwarming...yes even the marine!
 and although there are a tone of TSC stuff beside it its the only store around me with more then 5.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
I honestly don't think that any of the local WMs are going to get any more 30AC anytime soon (as it is, they only got Wave One a couple of times) due to the TSC glut.  Hearing that the Saga Legends stuff is shipping under the same SKU as the TSC stuff will probably hold those figures back for quite a while (although that isn't necessarily a bad thing on the first few waves with all the pointless rereleases of the same old figures over and over again) as well. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Hasbro can go on and on about how TSC and 30AC are under different SKUs and how the stock status of one doesn't affect the other in any way, shape, or form, but walking into any Wal-Mart will show just how flawed that thinking is.  When stock people who aren't getting paid nearly enough to care what they're stocking see pegs full of SW, they don't stock anymore SW.  TSC, 30AC, vintage, it doesn't matter to most stock people.  If there's full pegs of Jerjerrods, it's essentially a signal that they don't need to put out any stock at all.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
The Targets and the Wally's been marking these down to get rid of them.Picked up alot of clones from wave 8 and 9
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
I found R2, Obi, and Mace yesterday. Got R2! (I've been desperate to get some of these so anything is fair game).
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com