Author Topic: C4 Activity Planning  (Read 7347 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
C4 Activity Planning
« on: April 30, 2007, 12:58 PM »
Do you guys have any items for activities or get togethers you would like to do during C4? I'd like to have at least one lunch or dinner planned during the show for everyone that participated. Any ideas where? Maybe the Pantry?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Activity Planning
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 01:35 PM »
I'd be up for something.  I'll be in town all day Saturday and Sunday.  However, anything that is planned will have to be kid friendly for me as I'll have my 8 year old in tow the whole time.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 02:51 PM »
Sounds like a fun idea! I'll be there from Thursday night to Monday morning. So I'm up for pretty much anything.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 06:14 PM »
that sounds cool. is the pantry a resturant?
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 07:48 PM »
I wish I could go, unfortuanatly my wife and I have a little get away planed for that weekend.
It would have been great to meet all of you guys.

Have lots of fun guys!

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 08:37 PM »
that sounds cool. is the pantry a resturant?

This is from their web site. There is usually a long line outside the place.

Established in 1924, The Original Pantry has spent eight decades providing its customers with generous portions of traditional American cuisine. The restaurant started with 5 employees in a building at 9th and Figueroa St. It consisted of one room -- a 15-stool counter, a grill and a hot plate. It wasn't long before patrons were forming lines for seats. To offset the wait they were asked to place orders in advance. This practice continues to this day and is largely responsible for our tremendous turnover.
The Pantry survived the difficult years of the Depression and even managed to expand by adding a dining room in 1934. When World War II came in the forties, almost half of our boys joined the armed services. All but one had returned by the end of the war. In 1946, we expanded again to accomodate 60 people. Our family had grown to 46.

As the business grew, so did the city, and our property was acquired by the state for a freeway ramp. So, in 1950 The Pantry moved into its present location at the corner of 9th and Figueroa streets. The day we moved lunch was served at the old location and dinner in the new, with no loss of customers.

Today, The Pantry is close to Staples Center and the L.A. Convention Center, Dodger Stadium and Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and is accessible from the 101, 110 and 10 Freeways.

The Pantry's facilities are available for events, and we will cater offsite as well. The restaurant is also available as a filming location and has been featured in numerous films and television shows over the years.

More than just a casual eatery, The Pantry offers diners an atmosphere rich in character and history. An integral piece of Los Angeles culture, The Pantry has served many movie stars, politicians and other celebrities and continues to be a gathering spot for the city's movers and shakers.

As The Pantry's current owner, former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan likes to boast, "We never close. We're never without a customer."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 09:54 PM »
Sounds good to me. :)
"This is the way."

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 10:48 PM »
sounds like a nice place. will the long lines thing be a problem for us, i mean cutting into the convention or anything like that?
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 1, 2007, 09:56 AM »
<taking a deep breath>
It depends on how psycho you are about soaking up every waking moment of the glory that is C4 that you can't stop for a couple of hours to sit back and relax and enjoy the company of equally sick people that buy little plastic men only to rip them apart and put them back together in some kind of weird Frankinstein-like mockery and then post them on web sites for total strangers to ooggle over and complain that no toy company makes the kind of toys grown adults would want to keep mint on card and store them in their attic.
<exhaling> :P ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 1, 2007, 10:10 AM »
<taking a deep breath>
It depends on how psycho you are about soaking up every waking moment of the glory that is C4 that you can't stop for a couple of hours to sit back and relax and enjoy the company of equally sick people that buy little plastic men only to rip them apart and put them back together in some kind of weird Frankinstein-like mockery and then post them on web sites for total strangers to ooggle over and complain that no toy company makes the kind of toys grown adults would want to keep mint on card and store them in their attic.
<exhaling> :P ;)

That was funny.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #10 on: May 1, 2007, 12:00 PM »
 ;D Good call M_P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 2, 2007, 09:51 AM »
I've been to the Pantry. It's not bad. It's one of those, everyone goes there because everyone goes there type places. Set up crew should definitely take advantage of the non-convention day Wednesday evening to go.

I'm not too sure of down-town places to gather, but if people can make it out of down town (or have locals drive them,) there are lots of places that will probably be less congested to hit up. A good touristy place would be Universal City Walk which isn't too far.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #12 on: May 2, 2007, 10:26 AM »
I might try this place Wednesday night when I get in.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 2, 2007, 11:56 AM »
That's a good idea Anthony. Wednesday night the setup crew will go there. For maybe a saturday dinner/meeting we could go to the city walk or even down to Santa Monica near the beach. I just wanted to pick out a unique touristy place that we locals typically don't go to all the time. I don't know if anyone wants to drive down to the Disneyland resort for dinner at the ESPN Zone on a saturday?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 2, 2007, 02:52 PM »
Since I'm only at the show for two days, I don't necessarily want a long drawn out get together.  I'd prefer some close to the show.  However, if the masses feel differently, you can certainly schedule around me.