Author Topic: Booth instructions from Mary Franklin  (Read 7477 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Booth instructions from Mary Franklin
« on: May 3, 2007, 09:53 AM »
I've received an email from Mary Franklin about our booth and what to expect during C4. As you can see, we are in some pretty good company. Maybe we can be placed next to the "official fan club president" Dustin Roberts!  ;)

Thank you, all of you, for forging ahead with your Fan Club Tables at Celebration IV, even though I have been extremely slow at getting back to you with information. I apologize. You are all working really hard to help make this Celebration an outstanding fan experience, and I truly appreciate it. I’m so glad you’re part of our Fan Fair Hall (Hall G), which is now bigger and better than ever before.

There’s quite a bit of information in this email, so please read carefully and make sure you get the details. I promise I’ll respond if you have questions!

·       Please check the columns of names below to make sure I have the correct two contacts and correct emails for your group.

·       You’ll see I’m missing some email addresses. Please send these. Thanks!

·       By this Friday, May 4, please get me the names (many of you have already, thanks!) of the two people who will be picking up associate badges for your group.

·       I’ll pass those names on to Gen Con, and those two people will be able to:

o       Order services for your booth, like extra electric, internet, carpet, or other things you want to pay for.

o       Arrange with the Gen Con staff for loading in items for your booth. Gen Con has generously offered to help you get your items in by covering drayage. Unless you decide to bring in a semi truck full of give-aways!

o       Trade in your two four-day passes for associate badges at the Exhibitor Services counter in the South Hall.

§       Associate badges will get you in to the Convention Center early, on set up days, and into Hall G an hour before and after everyone else on show days.

§       The Associate badges don’t have names, so you can trade them with members of your group if you are trading booth duties.

§       The Associate badges are good on Fan Club Members-only day.

Here’s what Gen Con is providing free for your booths:

§       10’ x 10 foot floor space in the Fan Fair Hall (hall G)

§       Drape backdrop and side walls

§       1 8’ table

§       2 chairs

§       1 wastebasket

§       1 standard electric outlet. You can plug in your computer and a screen and standard electrical things. If you want to plug in a clothes dryer you’ll need to order extra electric.

§       Reasonable drayage. If you make arrangements with Gen Con, or if you can carry all your things in without a cart, you won’t have to pay drayage (labor for moving materials)

Those of you who need to order more materials, please drop me an email privately and I’ll hook you up with Gen Con.

Fan Fair Hall Hours (there must be at least one representative of your club or group in your booth all hours the show is open):

Set-up:

Tuesday, May 22 9am – 8pm

Wednesday, May 23       9am – 8pm

Thursday, May 24        9am – 12 noon

Show Hours:

Thursday, May 24        12 noon – 8pm

Friday – Sunday 10am – 7pm

Monday, May 28  10am – 4pm

You are not allowed to tear down early on Monday. Clubs and all exhibitors must stay up until 4pm.

Approvals:

Anything you are going to give away, hang, post, or display in your booth needs to be approved by me. I have done quite a few approvals for this group already, which is great. Some cool stuff!

Thanks again! We’ll get you in the floor plan now, and I’ll get you your booth numbers next.

Fan Tables at Celebration IV                                   

Panel   Contact   Contact 2       
Rebel Legion                                               Matthew Hofmann      Lori McKee             
Ultimate Group Project                                  Paul Hruby          Justin Cook     
Pacific Region Fan Force                               Rachel Williams Yvette Simonson
Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society       Bill Cable      Bob Raspet     
Wookieepedia                                            Mark Sandell      Steven Greenwood       
Mandalorians, Mississippis Division                  Jay Sarrett          Chris Williams         
The Dented Helmet                                     Kristen Nelson       Art Andrews     
Star Wars LEGO Community                          Steven Witt         Ted Michon     
Star Wars LEGO Community                          Ace Kim                     
Sacramento Valley Rogue Force                    Susan Davis                   
Slave 1 Fan Club                                        Toru Komuro            Akiriho Kudo   
Kessel Run                                                 Dan Hamman           James Floyd     
DC Star Wars Collectors' Club                        Gregory Leo        Mike Kurtz     
Fan Force                                                  Dajuan Raab        Christina Person               
The Jedi Assembly                                       Anthony Foister        Theresa Mark           
Ohio Star Wars Collectors' Club                      Dustin Roberts                 
Grand Army of the Republic                           Carl Cunningham        Jesse Brown     
501st Legion                                              Dean Plantamura          Damien Metz     
501st Legion    Ed Karl                Mark Fordham     

Mary Franklin

Events Manager

Lucasfilm Ltd.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Booth instructions from Mary Franklin
« Reply #1 on: May 3, 2007, 10:10 AM »
I've emailed Mary to let her know that Ryan and I will be picking up the associate badges and will be able to order extra serivces. The only extra service I would like to have is an internet connection. I think Pendragon would be stoked to have it.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 3, 2007, 10:38 AM »
Its nice to see that you guys will have some extra help unloading too (if you need it!)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #3 on: May 3, 2007, 11:43 AM »
The only extra service I would like to have is an internet connection. I think Pendragon would be stoked to have it.

;D Awww, thanks man !

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 3, 2007, 02:41 PM »

Fan Fair Hall Hours (there must be at least one representative of your club or group in your booth all hours the show is open):

Set-up:

Tuesday, May 22 9am – 8pm

Wednesday, May 23       9am – 8pm

Thursday, May 24        9am – 12 noon

That there is fantastic news. Two full days on site should be plenty of time. I get in around noon on Tuesday maybe we could start transporting everything in on Tuesday?
"This is the way."

Offline NiubNiub

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 06:16 PM »
John and I will be driving to Los Angeles TUESDAY after work. We will arrive around 1 am.
We will be setting up the workshop all day wednesday.
Once your table set up is done, you may start to assemble your mega UGP diorama.
PLEASE DO NOT start assembling until I arrive, or you may have to take it apart and rebuild.

almost there....

:)
see you wednesday !!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 06:37 PM »
There shouldn't be any problems with us at least transporting everything in and putting it in our booth for safekeeping though, right?

I'm guessing it is also fine if we do some fabrication and work on the diorama on Tuesday just to make sure everything fits together, as long as we don't set anything up yet correct? I figure Tuesday would be a good day to load everything in and make sure we have what we need for Wednesday's setup, that way we can start first thing in the morning on Wednesday.
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 07:30 PM »
Sure, we can all meet at my house tuesday after work (say 3pm?) and drive it all down. They are going to be open until 8pm on tuesday.

Offline NiubNiub

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 07:23 PM »
of course, u would need and good idea to assemble asap

im just thinking that if you went and placed it in a spot before i arrived, that might NOT be the same spot in my layout plans, and you would have to move everything again which might be a hastle.

you have 3X3 tables space, i just have to figure out where it will go in the room.

if we are against a wall like last year or in the center of the room

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 11:14 PM »
Don't worry. I'm not setting up anything until you give the ok sign.

Offline NiubNiub

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 08:28 PM »
I just saw the floor plans yesterday for the first time.
your diorama group project will be on display DAMN SMACK IN THE MIDDLE of it all :)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 09:09 PM »
Sweet!  ;D

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 09:14 PM »
Wow, that should be really sweet!!  Thanks again Frank for helping us out with this!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 09:00 AM »
Ahhh man I soooo wish I could go. :( But at least G4 tv is doing coverage of it, maybe i'll even get a glimpse of the endor and group projects on camera :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 09:01 AM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline elmeaux

• Youngling
  • The Dancing Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 12:14 PM »
Ahhh man I soooo wish I could go. :( But at least G4 tv is doing coverage of it, maybe i'll even get a glimpse of the endor and group projects on camera :)

That's cool. Maybe that segment will end up on their website!  :)

E>