Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352164 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1275 on: March 22, 2010, 02:26 PM »
Never really paid attention or I've been living under a rock, but noticed today that Hasbro has "3D enviromental" playsets for their Marvel Heroes that can connect and what not with each other.  Would have been nice if they threw a few out for Galactic Heroes the past few years to see how they would have performed, but I guess it's too late now.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: May 1, 2010, 08:21 PM »
Wave 2 announced including these new 2 packs

Mandalorian and Mandalorian
Emperor and Darth Vader
Count Dooku and Commander Droid
« Last Edit: May 1, 2010, 09:24 PM by jedi ds »

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #1277 on: May 2, 2010, 12:36 AM »
Never really paid attention or I've been living under a rock, but noticed today that Hasbro has "3D enviromental" playsets for their Marvel Heroes that can connect and what not with each other.  Would have been nice if they threw a few out for Galactic Heroes the past few years to see how they would have performed, but I guess it's too late now.
I just noticed one of those yesterday in the store. They'd have been so much nicer than the cardboard ones we got for the Star Wars sets.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 2, 2010, 05:07 PM »
So, with the BOG1/2 sale, I checked TRU's website for Galactic Heroes.  The only two Cinema Scenes they still have in stock are the awful Arena2 (Nexu) and Endor3 (Ewok Glider) sets.  Shocker those never sold through   ::)

Anyway, it gave me the price I needed to finally pick up that Endor set.  I haven't even really looked at that Glider figure too closely, since I was always planning to pass on it.  I'm eager to see how it turned out.

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 2, 2010, 09:29 PM »
So, with the BOG1/2 sale, I checked TRU's website for Galactic Heroes.  The only two Cinema Scenes they still have in stock are the awful Arena2 (Nexu) and Endor3 (Ewok Glider) sets.  Shocker those never sold through   ::)

Anyway, it gave me the price I needed to finally pick up that Endor set.  I haven't even really looked at that Glider figure too closely, since I was always planning to pass on it.  I'm eager to see how it turned out.

they have yavin ceremony too ... search only "cinema scene"

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 7, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Wave 2 announced including these new 2 packs

Mandalorian and Mandalorian
Emperor and Darth Vader
Count Dooku and Commander Droid
looks like Dooku comes with a COMMANDO DROID  so that should be a new figure!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 10, 2010, 11:25 AM »
I see that AT-AT showing up on the bay- hopefully it will hit the brick and mortar stores soon!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 11, 2010, 02:42 PM »
Wow...I completely forgot about this line - haven't seen anything new in quite some time. 

Bring on the baby AT-AT!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 14, 2010, 10:31 AM »
I see that BBTS currently has the new baby AT-AT in stock.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 17, 2010, 02:37 AM »
Quote from: Sir Steve's Guide Q&A with Hasbro
Sir Steve's Guide
SSG:  Now that you've made Galactic Heroes figures of Max Rebo and Droopy McCool, there is a hole in the band. Why did Sy Snootles get left out of the set? Might Hasbro consider rounding out the original trio of palace band members by making a Sy Snootles Galactic Heroes figure? She would go great in a 2 pack with any of Jabba's more prominent minions (Tessek, Ephant Mon, or Ree-Yees for instance) or perhaps Oola or cloak-wearing Luke. Seeing as these more obscure Galactic Heroes figures are fan-driven, if you were to make a Sy figure would it be based on her classic "vintage" appearance?

Hasbro:   We have no plans to make a Sy Snootles or some of the other figures. Galactic Heroes seems to be overwhelmingly kid-driven, and aside from a few 2-packs with relatively obscure characters later this year, we'll be sticking to known and recognized characters going forward.

Hrumph. 

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #1285 on: July 17, 2010, 09:39 AM »
Well that sucks.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 17, 2010, 11:30 AM »
"Known and recognized figures"?  I'd consider the lead singer of Jabba's band to qualify.  Disappointing news for sure.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 17, 2010, 02:38 PM »
"Known and recognized figures"?  I'd consider the lead singer of Jabba's band to qualify.  Disappointing news for sure.

Definitely disappointing.  I'm not sure what would qualify as "recognizable", but the majority of the big guns (particularly in the OT) have already been covered.  The line seems to be shifting to more of a CW focus anyways, and - aside from the upcoming AT-AT - I can't think of the last time I bought a 2 pack really.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 17, 2010, 04:05 PM »
That stinks.  I'm sure we were driving this line for a good portion, but I guess not anymore. 

Saw the new CW 2packs at Kohl's today - will have to cave on Bane/Aurra at some point.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 19, 2010, 05:51 PM »
That stinks.  I'm sure we were driving this line for a good portion, but I guess not anymore. 

Saw the new CW 2packs at Kohl's today - will have to cave on Bane/Aurra at some point.

Yeah, gee, if the line was so "overwhelmingly kid-driven," it sure would have been nice if they'd just stuffed 100% ignorable repacks into all those Cinema Scenes they didn't need us to buy.  ::)