Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353883 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #435 on: February 6, 2006, 02:17 PM »
One of the dealers at our local toy show had a silver carded Stormtrooper 2pak.

I also read that the ROTS figures have appeared on the silver cards too.

1.) Vader and Holo Emperor
2.) Anakin and Trooper (501st)
3.) Obi-Wan and Trooper (Cody)
4.) Chewbacca and Trooper (blue)
5.) Yoda and BARC

I've seen all of those on the silver card back.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 14, 2006, 03:53 PM »
Not much new from this line at Toy Fair, although we did see that rumored Sandtrooper/Obi-Wan 2 pack, so its probably fairly possible that the rest of those figures on the rumor list could come to light eventually.  It was a nice surprise that the Obi-Wan was even a little different, with his hood down as opposed to the first version.  This is a line that I really do enjoy.  Its affordable, doesn't take up much space, and is just kind of fun.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 15, 2006, 10:38 AM »
I really like this line too.  I jumped on late and only have about 80% of the figures - which is fine by me - I don't feel like paying $40 for Jango and Obi-Wan!

It's difficult to stay complete on this line as many of the new figures (or repaints in the case of clones) are often paired with figures you already have.

I hope the line continues and I'll continue to cherry pick the line as I see fit.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 17, 2006, 10:47 AM »
I see a couple of different Toy Fair reports, at both RS and JediTempleArchives, state that there will be 22 different GH 2 packs coming in 2006.  That includes the repacked/repainted waves that are already out, from what I understand.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 20, 2006, 08:31 AM »
I would like to see some more attention paid to this line by Hasbro. This is a great introductory product for younger kids, it makes collectors pay attention, and it has that super two-punch of small product/reasonbable price. Imagine if that shelf space for choppers and battlers were dedicated to some ships and playsets for these guys. The current lines are making stocking the shelves one of the easiest jobs on the planet (nothing moves).

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 27, 2006, 07:41 AM »
I scored the Tan Battle Droid with Green Clone last night.  I also picked up the new Emperor with Shocktrooper.  There were mulitpes of each but not sign of the Maul/Obi-Wan pack. 

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 27, 2006, 03:07 PM »
I scored the Tan Battle Droid with Green Clone last night.  I also picked up the new Emperor with Shocktrooper.  There were mulitpes of each but not sign of the Maul/Obi-Wan pack. 

Another store I stopped at was missing the Maul/Obi-Wan also.  Yes it's a repack but a lot of people never got that Duel with Darth Maul set so I expect this one to be the hardest to find of the 3.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 27, 2006, 03:12 PM »
I got mine from BBTS.com last Friday.

Sure beats hunting them down at retail which may be tough as the Hoth/Speederbike wave has been clogging the shelves.

My fav so far?  The shocktrooper and sergeant clone trooper.

Obi Wan has a neat little twist to him - he has a green lightsaber vs. blue, obviously a nod to Qui-Gon...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #444 on: March 24, 2006, 02:51 PM »
An update over at Hasbro shows off the next (third) wave of GH 2-packs...

Greedo and Han:

TIE Pilot and Wedge:

Sandtrooper and Ben:

Head on over to Hasbro for larger pics!

And Han and Luke Stormie, complete with Helmets!

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 24, 2006, 02:57 PM »
Pretty cool - you can tell they are getting close to the bottom of the barrel with their choices OR they are realizing that this is a line for collectors (in reference to the GH Wedge).

I'm still miffed that I have to continue to buy duplicates of figures to get new ones - IE:  Han Solo and Greedo.

I swear I have five Yodas!!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 24, 2006, 03:00 PM »
Thanks for posting that Jeff, and great to get these "confirmed" officially now.  I'm really looking forward to these packs.  Although it is kiddie, this is a line I really enjoy, and its great for the kiddos when they come over (or if we have our own someday).  These all look great, and I hope we continue to see the line expand.  Too bad we don't see any more ships on the horizon.  The repacks kind of stink, but at least they aren't exactly the same.  The Han seems to have a different head, and the Obi-Wan has his hood down this time.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 24, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Always good to see more GH.  I like them all, especially the Han / Luke Stormies.  Might have to grab two, one set to display as regular Stormtroopers.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 24, 2006, 03:16 PM »
This line has become my second favorite after the 4" Line.  They all look awesome.  Now iff we could get another vehicle or two.  Vaders Tie or regular Tie would be sweet.  Would also be cool if they could release another accessory pack like the Scout and Speederbike.  A Snowtrooper with E-Web would be cool.  As far as them getting to the end of the line with choices I see this going for quite a while.  There are still a few repacks they could do.  Would love to see a Jabba/Bib deluxe pack and a Vader RH. 

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 24, 2006, 10:33 PM »
YES! Han / Luke Stormies!!!  8)