Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352155 times)

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Line: Do You Collect...Opinions?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2003, 10:01 AM »
I let my son have them at 2.  I just don't let him have the Chewie weapon.  
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2003, 11:42 AM »
Same for me, my daughter got them for Christmas at 2 and change (32 months).  No problems at that time.  It's really only recently that she has become interested in them (39 months).  

These are one of those really cool gifts. You get them for the kid and if they don't like them, you suffer that horrible fate of being stuck with them ;D

At least you have a bit of an advantage Scott, having a son, there seems to be a bit of a predisposition to these toys.  My daughter loves her Barbies.  And we didn't foist them on her at all, she chose the likeing of the Barbie's thing.  Drives her mother nuts.  My daughter really loves the Marvel Legends stuff though.  REally twisty and posable and good for smaller hands.  Wolverine is her current favorite.  I'm so proud ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2003, 11:49 AM »
She's a Canuckian through and through :-*

Max has this little truck with Spider Man, Hulk, Captain America and Spider "Girl".  They sit in there it makes noises and moves around.  He loves that thing.  He really isn't allowed to go near the mother lode but every now and then we go down and we look.  His favorite display is always the Simpsons.  I'm figuring by Christmas of '04 when he'll be 32 months old is when I'll let him have the Playskool stuff

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2003, 12:14 PM »
Born in April Max was?  That's about bang on for Sydney.  She has been playing with her Amidala's and Padme's for a while now, no weapons though.  NOt much point.  She loves Darth Maul (talking bank syndrome) and broke the sabers on the Maul and Vader Epic force figures.  She also likes to play with the Tomy minidioramas.  I only give her the ones with solid figures though, no loose parts.  Not much goes into the mouth at this age, but some still does.  She's really into Wolvie and Magneto now though.  Hobgoblin has suddenly become scary (and she's right) so he's packed up high.  

I don't have the Falcon set at home right now (wifey issues ;)) but I'm sure she'll love it and especially the Chewie.  I should get the Ep II sets for her as well.  she knows Mace Windu very well (from Unleashed and the movie) and she loves the Reek beast that she calls a Rhinocerous.  Close enough for me.  

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2003, 04:58 PM »
Thanks for the replies everyone.  After reading more about the Kubricks line of figures on this site and this forum, it makes me kind of envious.  Those figures look great, but I don't think I could afford to collect them.  I would really like to see Hasbro explore the idea of releasing more figures for the playskool line, similar to what Kubrick's is doing with their figures.  I know that there was an e-mail sent out at one point exploring the possibility of figure 2-packs, and that would be pretty cool I think.  I'd still like to see vehicles/beasts like the sets so far, but getting a couple of these little figs for like $4-5 wouldn't be too bad either.  I'd like to see a Boba Fett, Yoda, Lando, Leia, etc. in this line eventually...and I think they'd sell pretty well.  Give the kids (and collectors) the main characters at least :).

Offline James D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2003, 05:16 PM »
I love both the Playskool line and the Kubricks. I get much more enjoyment out of collecting them then anything Hasbro has put out in a long time. If anybody is looking, I have extras (loose & carded) of some of the Playckool sets, and I'd love to liquidate them so I can buy some Kubricks.
Peace,
James

ps: First post here. On all the other site's boards, but this is the only one that talks about Kubricks at all ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2003, 12:17 AM »
ps: First post here. On all the other site's boards, but this is the only one that talks about Kubricks at all ;D

Welcome to JediDefender James!  Glad you decided to swing by and chat with the rest of us Kubrick enthusiasts!  Definitely some big fans of that line here at JD!  So have you picked any up yet, or are you just in the planning and admiring stage so far?  Either way, we're always excited to add some more Kubrick fans into the ranks here!

Not sure if you caught my Playskool post earlier in this thread, but I recently decided that I'm probably going to pick up the Original Trilogy sets from this line.  Most of my KB's still have some in stock, but feel free to shoot me a private message with some prices on your sets if they might be better than KB's (carded or loose), and maybe we can work something out.  Check out my trade list as well (linked below) to see if I've got anything else you might be looking for as far as putting a trade together.

Hope you enjoy JD, James.  Give any of the staff a holler here if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about anything.  Looking forward to seeing you around the boards here!
- Matt

Offline James D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2003, 07:54 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome JediMAC ;D
Haven't had the funds to pick up the Kubricks yet, but hopefully soon. PM on the way about Playskool sets.
Peace,
James

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2003, 07:27 PM »
I think these are neat, but I only have the X-Wing set.  I wouldn't mind picking up the Wampa and Falcon sometime.  Trouble is, I'm out of room, even though I'm still buying....

Auriette
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2003, 11:59 PM »
I think these are neat, but I only have the X-Wing set.  I wouldn't mind picking up the Wampa and Falcon sometime.  Trouble is, I'm out of room, even though I'm still buying....

Auriette

You're never out of room.  Only money.   ;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2003, 12:30 AM »

You're never out of room.  Only money.   ;D

Or your wife's patience.   ;)
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2003, 08:38 PM »
I finally picked up the Wampa and Speeder Bike sets today at KB for $9 each.  Haven't these sets gone on clearance yet?!?  Oh well...  Cute little things!  So I assume the only other Original Trilogy sets left are the ones with the X-Wing and Millenium Falcon, correct?

Have any other stores carried this line, or were they pretty much only at KB?  I'll be scouring all my local KBs next week for the X-Wing and Falcon, but if I strike out, does anyone else's KBs around them still have these last 2 sets that I need?  LMK...  Thanks!
- Matt

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2003, 12:34 AM »
I know this is silly coming from a guy living in Canada, but that Falcon set is going to be tough.  I believe it more than anything else has sold really well.  And to the best of my knowledge, all of the sets I have came from KB via trades.  I can even tell you my Falcon came from Mall of America ::)

If they do go on clearance, I'd opt in for the two I'm missing.  Episode I and II sets (Maul and Arena).  My kid does indeed love these and the X-wing and wampa sets are sitting on the floor after being played with.  They are currently battling for favorite status with Barbie/Princess dolls and Marvel Legends ;D  Captain America is her current favorite, but apparently I am to get her the lady beside Daredevil in the picture, aka Elektra.  Consider me one proud papa. 8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2003, 02:19 AM »
I actually saw the Millenium Falcon set at one of the dealer booths down at the San Diego Comic Con, and it was only around $35, which I thought sounded like a pretty decent price - but the Mrs. was with me, so I passed on it.  Hopefully I don't regret that move...   :-\

Brent - the KB I was just at still had plenty of the Arena and Naboo Fighter sets, so just LMK if you ever want me to snag 'em for you...   :-*

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2003, 07:06 AM »
Matt, I can easily get you the Xwing and Falcon.  $15 for the former and $30 for the latter.  In fact, its the only two sets I need and I thought these were long gone.  About a month ago, I stumbled onto them at a KB.  They probably still sitting there, as they were a few weeks later when I went in.  Although it might be better for you to pick up the MF near you, pay the extra $5 and save on shipping.  This thing is heavy. Let me know if you want the Xwing, I'll get it for you and we'll work something out.  
Common sense isn't so common