Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353310 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #480 on: July 12, 2006, 06:36 PM »
You got all 4 sets? I ordered them as well from them becuase i never see these in stores but only got the Greedo and Sandtrooper set in the mail. They didnt ship the Luke/Han and Wedge set.

Yeah, I was fortunate enough to get all four sets.  I preordered them awhile back, when they first were listed, I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

Looks like they shipped my other 2 today. Wish they would done it all at once to save a little on shipping.  :-\
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 20, 2006, 08:17 AM »
Looks like we are getting some new GH heroes:

*Snowtrooper
*Hoth Rebel Trooper
*Luke Bespin
*Lando Bespin
*Leia Bespin (with new Vader)

As well, Hasbro has some Cinema Scenes - there's a cool ANH Death Star Escape set with all rehashes and a new black R2 droid!  How sneaky is that?

Also, there is a really cool Geonosis set with Padme, Jango, Anakin, two clones, Obi Wan, Geonosian warrior and Dooku.  Must have set to complete my loose collection!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 20, 2006, 11:47 AM »
Cinema scenes..ugh.  I have to buy a bunch of crap I already have to get an Imperial R2 unit, a blackhole stormtrooper, two AOTC clones and a purple clone.  I like to have all the unique figures for this line, but I might draw the line here.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 20, 2006, 11:50 AM »
I was thinking the same thing about the "cinema scenes".  Definitely a pain to basically buy the whole pack for one figure.  I'm debating what to do, might end up picking up the OT ones.  I can see where it would be neat for those who missed out, or just wanted to give a gift pack to a kiddo or something.  You could get a nice set up with that "Death Star Escape" set for example.  Nice to see this line getting more attention, either way.

The new sets look nice, and are the ones we've seen rumored for awhile.  Luke and Leia Bespin, Lando, and Hoth troops for both sides.  Looks good to me.

Offline konakazi

• Youngling
  • If only you knew the power of BIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 20, 2006, 03:51 PM »
I only have a couple of these (biker scout & bike and a red battle droid) but I would love to get that Lando (I'm a fan) and the Bounty Hunter set will be sweet, especially with the black hole trooper as a bonus. Hope they're easy to find!

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 20, 2006, 05:22 PM »
I just hope they have a red Guard in the pipeline at SOME point...I gotta get that lando though, i have a mini focus on certain characters (12 inch, 3.75 inch and other like lego, BK, GH etc) So far i got the VOTC lando and the 12 inch version, so a GH version would be perfect. Just gotta wait til they release the SA snowtrooper next year, and i can get the GH version and have that set too! LOL

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 23, 2006, 05:36 AM »
They showed the cinema scenes at the Hasbro presentation panel and the display packaging is killer.  Very cool pieces.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 23, 2006, 05:45 AM »
Those Cinema Scenes look great.  It looks like I'll be continuing with this line for quite a while longer. 

So far I've kept all of my Galactic Heroes in the packages, but this could be the trigger I need to finally open the 2-packs and keep the Cinema Scenes in the packaging.

Offline Girevik

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 23, 2006, 08:52 AM »
Hello all.  I'm new to the board here but this thread caught my attention.  Sorry if this has been covered, but I haven't read through all 33 pages.

My 6 year old son LOVES the Galactic Heroes line.  Here are some he's missing, and I have a feeling the only way to get them is to pay a premium, but I was hoping to get some input from you all on the odds of finding them for a resonable price.  In addition to the 4 new ones, which we havne't seen yet, this is what he's missing:

R2D2 & Super Battle droid
Speeder bike trooper & bike
The Obi-Wan that comes with Jango Fett (may not be a big deal since he has several Obi's)
Padame & Anakin
Skiff Gaurd & Lando.
Mace & Genosian

I've seen the R2 one on e-bay for a decent price, but the rest seem pretty expensive if you're actually going to open them and play with them.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 09:02 AM by Girevik »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #489 on: July 23, 2006, 09:15 AM »
Who was included in the sets?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 29, 2006, 07:48 AM »
Hello all.  I'm new to the board here but this thread caught my attention.  Sorry if this has been covered, but I haven't read through all 33 pages.

My 6 year old son LOVES the Galactic Heroes line.  Here are some he's missing, and I have a feeling the only way to get them is to pay a premium, but I was hoping to get some input from you all on the odds of finding them for a resonable price.  In addition to the 4 new ones, which we havne't seen yet, this is what he's missing:

R2D2 & Super Battle droid
Speeder bike trooper & bike
The Obi-Wan that comes with Jango Fett (may not be a big deal since he has several Obi's)
Padame & Anakin
Skiff Gaurd & Lando.
Mace & Genosian

I've seen the R2 one on e-bay for a decent price, but the rest seem pretty expensive if you're actually going to open them and play with them.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks in advance.

I've seen the biker scout and lando/skiff sets still out and about- Walmart generally although the biker I still see at target.
The others are a little tougher- R2 and Super battle droid shouldn't set you back too much on line, but if you live in a metro area with flea-markets or toy shows you could probably do quite well there since some of these are only recently off the shelves.
Amidala and the genosian/mace pack may be worth waiting until these battle scenes hit the shelves, probably just in time for Christmas.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 31, 2006, 12:49 PM »
Heads up -

Hasbrotoyshop.com has all of the new GH 2 packs.  Priced very well at $4.99 a set.

I just hope they don't cancel my order because of the "wrong" price.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 2, 2006, 03:03 PM »
Heads up -

Hasbrotoyshop.com has all of the new GH 2 packs.  Priced very well at $4.99 a set.

They are "out of stock" already >:(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 4, 2006, 09:29 AM »
Heads up -

They are "out of stock" already >:(

The next few weeks they will probably be in stock again, but with a higher price.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 4, 2006, 11:41 PM »
Cinema scenes..ugh.  I have to buy a bunch of crap I already have to get an Imperial R2 unit, a blackhole stormtrooper, two AOTC clones and a purple clone.  I like to have all the unique figures for this line, but I might draw the line here.

I already reached that point with this line when the Utapau clone came out and I was buying two figures to get one new one.  My daughter plays with these on occasion, but not often enough for me to add to the lines.  I think it's neat and a cool collectible, but my patience has worn thin with the typical Hasbro routine.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.