Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352173 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Line: Do You Collect...Opinions?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2003, 12:36 PM »
Good point on the Falcon, it weighs a fair bit and the box is sizeable.  I have yet to open this one and turn it over to the princess, but it is mighty cool.  

Thanks Matt, I have to take care of some current obligations but we'll see shortly about the other two sets.  Maybe another Christmas gift for the kid ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2003, 08:42 PM »
Matt, I can easily get you the Xwing and Falcon.  $15 for the former and $30 for the latter...  Let me know if you want the Xwing, I'll get it for you and we'll work something out.  

Thanks for the offer Mike (I hadn't noticed it 'til today), but I went ahead and snagged all 4 OT sets (Wampa, Speederbikes, X-Wing, Falcon) from KBtoys.com earlier today.  I had a nice 20% off coupon code for them, so it actually came out even cheaper than if I had found them at a local KB.   8)  Funny thing is, the two smaller sets were each a buck cheaper online than in their regular stores, so I snagged 'em both again, and will just return the other two that I picked up last week.

I'm still curious if these sets basically wound up as KB exclusives, even though they were never advertised that way.  I'm pretty sure that I never saw them available anywhere else...

Brent, LMK if you want me to grab those other couple sets for ya'!  I could even throw in a MOMC Silver Fett if you'd like (courtesy of Adam)...   ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2003, 08:59 PM »
I'm still curious if these sets basically wound up as KB exclusives, even though they were never advertised that way.  I'm pretty sure that I never saw them available anywhere else...

Well, I never saw these in any other store (i.e. Target, Wal-Mart, TRU, etd) other than KB Toys, so I'm sure it was an exclusive.  As you said Matt, it just wasn't advertised that way.
dustrho

Offline James D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2003, 11:14 PM »
I picked up my Naboo set at K-Mart here in Michigan, so I can tell you that it definetly was not an exclusive. I picked it up the same week that Ep II stuff came out. They also had the X-Wing set, but I was low on funds at the time so picked Naboo.
James

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2003, 12:22 AM »
Brent, LMK if you want me to grab those other couple sets for ya'!  I could even throw in a MOMC Silver Fett if you'd like (courtesy of Adam)...   ;)

:o

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2003, 09:45 AM »
While at a wedding in a different part of the state this past weekend, I was able to pick up the two remaining OT sets that I needed (X-wing, Fast Through the Forest).  Now if they would only continue this line, or at least offer something here or there...I'd like to see characters like Boba Fett and Yoda get the Playskool treatment :).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2003, 11:19 AM »
Yep, I remember them at Wal Mart too the week of '02 Midnight Madness, didn't stay long which suprises me that retailers didn't order more.  I almost thought about breaking them out...Christmas time I think I will

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2003, 11:57 PM »
Yep, I remember them at Wal Mart too the week of '02 Midnight Madness, didn't stay long which suprises me that retailers didn't order more.  I almost thought about breaking them out...Christmas time I think I will

Jedi Max will be almost 3 by then won't he?  I know you're not as cold hearted as Matt, so you gotta know that he will love these.  And yes, they are nice and durable.  I haven't turned over the Falcon yet, but I'd rather the buglet played with these than my Marvel Legends :(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: August 1, 2003, 11:01 AM »
Nah, Jedi Max won't even be 2 yet (X-Mas he will be 21 months)...we'll see how his play progresses.  One thing I really do not want to do is force anything on him, his two favorite things of mine so far are Simpsons Playsets (he loves pushing the talk buttons) and my R2/3PO Bank which moves and makes noises.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 1, 2003, 11:00 PM »
Oops, didn't realize he was so young.

Forcing is bad.  Just do it this way.  If there's something you want him to play with, tell him he can't have it ::)  Sure fire way to get them interested ;D

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 5, 2003, 03:15 AM »
I gave the sets to my nephews when they were around 4-1/2. These are the only SW toys that hold their interest for an extended period.

JCPenny's also carried this last year.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2003, 07:53 AM »
I recently got my four OT sets from this line, but promptly stashed them away before the Mrs. could see them since I knew what her reaction would be...

But I just got another package from KB.com the other day that had the two Prequel sets in it that I had ordered for Brent here, and my wife saw them.  She asked what the hell those were and said I better dare not start collecting that stupid line!  Like I said, I knew what her reaction would be!   ;)

Of course, I quickly pointed out that those weren't mine, and that I had just ordered them for my good buddy Morgbug (pointing out that Brent has a young daughter).  I did pry a little and asked what was so bad about them, mentioning that I though they were "cute" and would be fun things to let some future nieces or nephews play with since they won't be allowed anywhere near "the good stuff" when they visit!  Patty again held her ground, and reiterated that they were total crap and that if she finds any of them in my collection, she'll throw them out or give them to the Goodwill!  She's bluffing of course.  I think...

Guess I better keep my sets stashed away for the time being, eh?!   :P

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2003, 11:40 PM »
I love this line of SW toys!  Not only do I have each of the sets for my own collection, but keep extra sets around for gifts. Many of my trading buddies have new additions to their families, the Playskool sets make wonderful gifts.

Once Upon a Toy and Tatooine Traders at Disney Florida have all the sets in stock. Really hope we some some additions to the line in the near future.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2003, 11:55 PM »
There's a huge opportunity to point out the benefits of having a child, but I won't cross-pollinte the threads, sorely tempted though I am. :P

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
Playskool X-Wing??
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2003, 10:46 PM »
Really want to get this for my son for X-Mas.  He loves the Falcon I picked up in NYC this summer.

Anybody know were I can get one...  I don't think they ever had them up here.

Thanks,

Scott
The space left intentionally blank.