Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352205 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #615 on: February 15, 2007, 07:40 AM »
distribution and restocking on these has been shoddy since the holidays in my neck of the woods. I found 1 snowtrooper, and saw leia bespin a couple of times (Wal Mart and Kohls). I just worry that some of these new ones will be in future 10 packs, which are a great value and are sure to have a figure or 2 you can't get anywhere else.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 15, 2007, 03:51 PM »
I just worry that some of these new ones will be in future 10 packs, which are a great value and are sure to have a figure or 2 you can't get anywhere else.

Tell me about it.  The (french?) rumor that there will be a Cantina 10-pack makes so much sense, and the decisions to hold off or not are killing me.  The super-duper difficulty of tracking down the original 10-packs isn't helping.  With any luck, though, the repaints will be of a more uninteresting variety to the non-completist.  I might guess:

Vest Han
Greedo
Hammerhead
Ponda Baba
Hood down Obi Wan
Tatooine Luke
Chewbacca
Bith (different instrument?)
Snaggletooth (blue - nod to vintage variant?)
Sandtrooper (grey or black pauldron, and sandy?)

Also, any word if clone-armor-Obi or Durge can actually sit on a speeder bike?  Seems ridiculous if they can't, but the ROTS clones already weren't great at it, and that cape looks like bad news.  Plus, there's the precident set by giving wedge that inexplicable x-wing-impossible wingspan and making a tie-pilot that couldn't fit in any tie cockpit I could ever dream up.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 03:52 PM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 18, 2007, 04:08 AM »
Picked these up tonite (durge wave)

I was on the fence about continuing with this line what with all the mass product hasbro is ******** out and all. Dammit, though, after I saw the Durge I had to get all of them :(.

DS

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 20, 2007, 02:07 AM »
I haven't even found the Bespin wave yet!  I think it's time to break down and order them online.

I guess my whining paid off.  ;)  I found 3 of 4 from the ESB wave at TRU a couple days ago and then lucked out and found the fourth piece of the puzzle (Snowtrooper & Hoth Trooper) today.  Boo yah!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 22, 2007, 09:35 AM »
According to this report from RS, we might be seeing some more new Galactic Heroes later this year:

Garindan and Duros
AT-AT Driver and AT-AT Commander
Han Solo and Logray
Imperial Officer and Death Star Trooper
Anakin Skywalker and Padme (possible repacks?)
Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jango Fett (possible repacks?)

If this list turns out to be true, I continue to be impressed with the "minor" characters we're seeing in this line.  Its turning out to be quite a collection overall.  I'm thinking the Han Solo with Logray might be the Endor version, since that's about the only one we don't already have (or have on the way).  Seeing that AT-AT pack, we really could use a GH-style AT-AT, couldn't we? :P  I'm not counting on that, but it would be cool.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #620 on: February 23, 2007, 10:13 AM »
I made a stop at Target on my way to work this morning and found the latest wave of 2-packs (Clone Wars/Tatooine).

I almost passed on the Clone Wars sets (Durge is such a lame character IMHO, he belongs in GI Joe not SW), but I figured what the heck because the CW Armored Obi-Wan was pretty neat and the ROTS Clone is always welcome. 

All of the sets were just 1x per case, it looked like they put out 1 box of this case assortment - 1x each of the new sets, 1x each of the Bespin sets, then 4 older sets to fill out the box.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 23, 2007, 11:54 AM »
Ewww, the new sets are only one per case?  Not cool.

Hopefully your luck will spread south as I plan on hitting Target after work...

Quite honestly, I get more excited collecting these buggers than I do the basic figures...maybe it's because there are no accessories or stands to mess with after I open them - straight to the shelf they go.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 23, 2007, 12:21 PM »
I haven't seen these yet around here, but I've been looking.  Both Target and TRU have been sold out of these for awhile, and haven't restocked, and Wal-Mart has a few of the Han/Greedo wave sets on the pegs.  I think the newer ones "may" have been there recently, but I don't know what they are all packed with.  I saw the Bespin/Hoth sets, as well as some repacked figures on the red/black cards.

I agree, I really enjoy picking these up too - nice and simple.  They do seem to sell quickly though, at least around here.  In the past I've often preordered them through BBTS, but that's getting more expensive.  I've got the next couple waves preordered just in case, but the prices are closer to $8 per two pack now, and that starts getting a little steep.  Hasbro seems to have a good thing going with this concept now though, as the Marvel packs seem to be selling pretty good here too.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 23, 2007, 12:45 PM »
They aren't for you any more Brian.  You'll soon be abdicating possession of these to a more suitably targeted audience.   ;)

Hoth wave has been up here, but I haven't yet scored a snowtrooper. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 23, 2007, 12:51 PM »
They aren't for you any more Brian.  You'll soon be abdicating possession of these to a more suitably targeted audience.   

Of course, that's why I've been picking them all along ;).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #625 on: February 23, 2007, 08:56 PM »
You'll soon be abdicating possession of these to a more suitably targeted audience.   ;)

Ain't that the truth... both boys wanted a closer look at (er, taste of) the Cantina 2-Pack while I was opening up my sets tonight.

Still too little to play with them, but they sure love to try!   :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 23, 2007, 08:58 PM »
I would suggest they are suffering from hunger rather than curiousity, but the bulk of the evidence suggests otherwise  ;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 24, 2007, 02:40 PM »
So you're letting your boys do the dirty work of opening up your figures Jeff??  That's just.....wrong   ;)

Oh, I found the Anakin/Dooku & Obi-Wan/Maul GH's this morning on the newer packaging with the white/red/black.  I was so confused as I thought I've never seen these before - almost bought them, but I put 2 and 2 together.  Thanks for trying to confuse me Hasbro!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 26, 2007, 10:02 AM »
I must have just missed the new wave at our local Target this weekend.  I was able to grab the Anakin/Clonetrooper (Clone Wars) two pack, but none of the other new ones were there.  There was a Han/Luke Stormy pack, as well as a Bespin Leia/Vader pack there as well.  I was happy to find at least one new one, but I was really hoping for the Hammerhead/Figrin D'an pack (and the Obi-Wan in Armor).  Hopefully they won't be too tough to find eventually, they sure do sell fast.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 26, 2007, 05:53 PM »
Here's some pics from Hasbro of NEW Galactic Heroes to be released:

Han and Leia
Luke and Vader
Royal Guard and Imperial Gunner
Ponda Baba & Snaggletooth