Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353412 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #885 on: March 25, 2008, 11:49 AM »
I stopped by Target last night, and our local store must have restocked the Galactic Heroes sets (or had more in back).  There was 2 of the Mustafar sets, and 1 Endor one, sure to be long gone quickly.  All the exclusives seem to be selling out pretty well.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 25, 2008, 11:55 AM »
These sets were hard purchases for me, but I'm really diggin the Endor set now....Mustafar - not so much.  I'm hoping that Hasbro puts some more thought (new characters) into future sets.  I feel really bad for the openers though.  $20 for 2 new figures ain't such a great deal, but they look super groovy in the boxed presentation.   :P
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 29, 2008, 07:20 PM »
During my stops at Target this morning, I was able to find both of these sets.  I also picked up a Han Solo and Logray (catching up a little) for $7 plus tax - this Target for some reason had higher pricing.  I still need to find Luke with Yoda & Spirit of Obi.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 31, 2008, 09:35 AM »
We stopped by Target on Friday, and it looks like they restocked their Galactic Heroes sets again.  There weren't any Endor ones, but they had four of the Mustafar sets on the shelves.  It does seem to be the slower seller of the two, but I'm sure it will still sell out swiftly.  If somehow it ends up hitting clearance, I'd be all over it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 3, 2008, 09:35 AM »
Just another update similar to my previous one, but it seems like these Target exclusives must be reshipping (or they just have a bunch in the back).  Yesterday I stopped by our local store and the GH sets (as well as the Battle Packs and Secura Starfighters) were all stocked pretty full again.  The Endor set continues to be the most scarce, but they had three of those and probably 8 of the Mustafar sets - which still tempts me.  The longer they stay on the shelves, the longer I can try to talk the Mrs. into picking one up :).  Heck, our daughter needs that Padme, right? :P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 3, 2008, 10:18 PM »
Heck, our daughter needs that Padme, right? :P

Absolutely!  No doubt about it.  ;)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 4, 2008, 12:06 PM »
Pick it up if you want it.

These sets are a pain in the butt to track down once they are sold out.

:-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 4, 2008, 12:17 PM »
Looking back at page 23 of this thread, when I posted this wish list, its amazing how many of these we have gotten since then:

While we're on the subject of the potential future of the GH line, are there any figures (or beasts/ships) you'd like to see in particular?  I always tend to lean towards OT offerings, so I'll stick to that with my list.

Figures (2 packs)
Bespin Luke/OT Yoda or Bespin Luke/Spirit Ben
Bespin Lando/Lobot
Endor Han/Endor Leia
Hoth Rebel Soldier/Snowtrooper
OT Emperor/(repack Jedi Luke or Vader?)
Leia Boussh/Han in Carbonite
Greedo/Hammerhead (Momaw Nadon)
Walrusman (Ponda Baba)/Sandtrooper
Teebo/Logray/Chief Chirpa
General Lando/Admiral Ackbar
Han Stormtrooper/Luke Stormtrooper
Troop Packs (Stormtroopers, Biker Scouts, Hoth Stormtroopers, Rebel Troops)

Vehicles/Playsets
TIE Fighter w/Pilot
Slave 1 w/(repack) Boba Fett
AT-AT w/Driver, Hoth Rebel Soldier/Commander, Snowtrooper
Landspeeder (normal) w/Luke, Obi-Wan
Jabba the Hutt w/Dais, Bib Fortuna, Amanaman (or any other Palace alien)
Max Rebo Band Set

Lots of other ideas I'm sure I'm forgetting, but those are a few I'd like to see.  Probably not very likely, but they would be neat ;)

I was looking at these again this week, thinking of what else I'd like to see in this line.  Looking at the main OT characters, they really have been mostly done - aside from re-releases or minor variants (like Han/Luke with Stormtrooper belts).  That might be why we're seeing a big trend towards prequel ones this year, and like Clone Wars as well, but there are still some others I'd like to see from the OT.  Just a few ideas off the top of my head:

Admiral Ackbar/General Lando
Han Solo (Stormtrooper belt)/Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper belt)
OT Emperor Palpatine (without saber)/Vader or Luke (repack?)
Chief Chirpa/Logray
Teebo/Warok
Endor (Ewok Village) Leia/Lumat
Cloud Car Pilot/Lobot
Tessek/Amanaman
Ree Yees/Yakface
Spirit of Anakin/Spirit of Yoda
Rebel Fleet Trooper/Stormtrooper (repack?)
Yavin Ceremony Luke/Yavin Ceremony Han
Uncle Owen/Aunt Beru (unlikely)
Nien Nunb/Mon Mothma

Max Rebo Band Box Set

Slave 1 w/Boba Fett
TIE Fighter w/TIE Pilot
Landspeeder w/Luke and 3PO
AT-AT Walker w/General Veers, AT-AT Driver, Snowtrooper
Bantha w/Tusken Raider

There's still plenty of prequel choices as well, but this post is already long enough :).
« Last Edit: April 4, 2008, 12:59 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 8, 2008, 12:20 PM »
I was curious, for those of you who buy these (either for yourself or for kiddos) - where do you keep them?  Are they on display, packed away until the kids are older, or tossed in the kids' toy box?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #894 on: April 8, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Are they on display, packed away until the kids are older, or tossed in the kids' toy box?

All of the above.  ;)

The boys absolutely love the GH figures but since they are still young (under 2) and still prone to putting them in the mouth (you should see the teeth marks on Vader, 3PO, and R2  ::)), they only get to play with the "duplicate" figures from the Cinema Scene sets at the moment.  That way, if they wreck them, it's no big deal since they are just duplicates. 

Even though they only get the duplicates, they still have 25+ figures, plus an X-Wing, Naboo Fighter, Wampa, Taun-Taun, and more thanks to all those box sets.  The rest of the figures (the non-duplicates) I'm saving until they get a little older (and less likely to chew on them), so I put those on some GH display shelves that I have set up.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 8, 2008, 10:50 PM »
Similar situation for me, except that my 2 kids are 5 1/2 years apart, not a few minutes apart.  ;)

My 6 year old daughter has a whole bunch of my duplicates, I'd say 20 or 25 of them.  She still plays with them, despite being "too old" for playschool toys.  My nine month old is starting to show interest in smaller items like these figures, so I'm sure she will be inheriting some herself as well.

And I have mine displayed loose on two 8 foot long by 12 inch deep shelves.  I've got (nearly) every paint variation, so those shelves are getting pretty full.  I've got the 2 Target exclusive Scenes coming in the mail as we speak and I'm holding out that the Wal-Mart exclusive Falcon will make it to Canada.  Then things will be getting pretty cozy.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 12, 2008, 08:18 PM »
I bought the GH Millenium Falcon at Wal-Mart today so I could have a centerpiece to start up a small GH display. Was the Falcon supposed to be $15 or did I just get lucky and find it on clearance?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 12, 2008, 08:35 PM »
I bought the GH Millenium Falcon at Wal-Mart today so I could have a centerpiece to start up a small GH display. Was the Falcon supposed to be $15 or did I just get lucky and find it on clearance?

Should be $34.88 Jesse, I received mine with help from solrac. I really like it.

$15. is a hell of a good price.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 13, 2008, 12:22 PM »
I'm really tempted to pick up the WM version simply because of the packaging.  Weren't the older Falcons going for over $100 on eBay?  Crazy.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #899 on: April 13, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Has anyone found the new 2 packs yet?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"