Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353893 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1080 on: January 31, 2009, 10:30 PM »
:o  Outstanding!

I wonder if that's a projectile between its front legs 

This has the potential to be quoted out of context..  ;)

And I will be hunting for two of these, at least!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:30 PM by Dan »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 5, 2009, 11:35 AM »
I had sort of forgot I preordered this online, but I got notice that the latest set of Cinema Scenes (Snowspeeder, Porkins X-Wing) are in stock and ready to ship at BBTS - so these might show up in stores before too long.  Looking forward to these, the Snowspeeder in particular.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1082 on: February 5, 2009, 01:17 PM »
I was looking forward to the Snowspeeder set before, but knowing there is an AT-AT on the way, the snowspeeder became even cooler (if that's possible).  I don't think I'll grab the 4th (5th?) X-Wing set, but I'm definitely buying the snowspeeder for the boys...  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 11, 2009, 11:46 AM »
New single re-packs - probably going to Big Lots or whatever...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 16, 2009, 09:52 AM »
Although I was hoping they would have the upcoming AT-AT on display, it was still a nice showing for GH at Toy Fair.  Above all else, I can't wait to pick up that Ackbar/Nunb 2 pack - Ackbar in particular has been on my personal "most wanted" list for this line for awhile.  It was nice to see some OT Galactic Heroes are still on the way later this year, with so much focus on CW stuff right now.  Really wish we could have seen that AT-AT though :).

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 16, 2009, 11:01 AM »
Yeah, it looks like they only showed product through August.  I'm hopeful San Diego will have at least as many surprises.  Here's hoping they include any sort of Clone vehicle, like a gunship.

Do you think the 8-pack Cinema Scenes will still come in the size we're used to?  Something smaller like the Transformers?  Still $20? 

Ackbar and Rebel Fleet Trooper basically terminate my must haves to complete an acceptable OT assortment.  Unbelievable.  With Lama Su, young Boba, and the yellow E2 commander, that movie is getting close, too.  Zam would pretty much do it, though a Captain Typho and Dexter wouldn't hurt. 

Episode 1, though... geez... every time new product gets announced I'm bummed by no Watto.

At the show and in the presentation they were showing the Porkins set with a repack of the bigger, electronic, Red 5 (and they tossed in an R4-P17?).  Previous photos had shown the smaller open/closing x-wing, with new generic (or Red 6ish) markings.  I'm vaguely curious to see what they ended up actually shpping (does the bigger x-wing even fit in a standard Cinema Scene?). 

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 16, 2009, 12:29 PM »
I'll probably pick up the new OT packs.

Sigh...so much for cutting back. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 16, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Although I was hoping they would have the upcoming AT-AT on display, it was still a nice showing for GH at Toy Fair.  Above all else, I can't wait to pick up that Ackbar/Nunb 2 pack - Ackbar in particular has been on my personal "most wanted" list for this line for awhile.  It was nice to see some OT Galactic Heroes are still on the way later this year, with so much focus on CW stuff right now.  Really wish we could have seen that AT-AT though :).

Rumor has it that the AT-AT is pushed out to 2010. . .

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 23, 2009, 04:44 PM »
I found the snowspeeder pack this afternoon at TRU in VA.  It is very nice, hopefully the AT-AT comes sooner then later.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1089 on: February 24, 2009, 08:05 AM »
I saw the new sets the other day, look nice but i am done with this line so i passed.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1090 on: February 24, 2009, 11:05 PM »
I grabbed the GH Snowspeeder box set tonight (GH Probe Droid = kickass).  Can't wait to get that GH AT-AT...  I hope they find a way to squeeze it in this year (maybe I'll have to bug my Target sources to try to pick it up). 

I saw the DS Assault set too, but I left it behind.  I just couldn't bring myself to pay $25 for the 4th (5th?) release of the X-Wing just to get the 2x new OT figures.  I guess I'll just hope they put Jek in another set someday...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 25, 2009, 02:53 PM »
Yeah, I came up with 5 releases:

1.  Playskool X-Wing Adventure (Closable S-Foils Red 5) - 2002
2.  GH X-Wing Fighter (Electronic Red 5) - 2004
3.  Assault on the Death Star '07 (Biggs set with Closable S-Foils Red 5) - 2007
4.  Dagobah Landing (Swampy-Paint on Closable S-Foils Red 5) - 2008
5.  Assault on the Death Star '09 (Porkins set with [Red 6? Electronic red 5?]) - 2009

Anybody seen the second wave of Clone Wars 2-Packs (Luminara et al.) yet?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 25, 2009, 03:06 PM »
I found the new sets at Target this morning.  Picked up the Snowspeeder - and left the X-Wing for now...

I can stomach the $22.99 price at Target, but I will stop when these sets reach $24.99 across the board.  Just getting too expensive.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 25, 2009, 04:52 PM »

Anybody seen the second wave of Clone Wars 2-Packs (Luminara et al.) yet?

My friend and I saw these, I bought the Padme/Jar Jar, he bought the rest at least 3 months ago at a Target and I've never seen them again or heard anyone else say they have since so I don't know what that was all about.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1094 on: February 25, 2009, 06:17 PM »
Hasbrotoyshop has the Luminara wave in stock right now