Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353392 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1170 on: July 18, 2009, 06:23 PM »
Found the Rebo set at my TRU.  As a lifelong Max fan, I am pleased.  Plus, I never got Jabba the first time, so definitely worth it for me.   :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 23, 2009, 09:00 PM »
Any love for GH at SDCC?  Did I miss the photos somewhere?

Found the Rebo set at my TRU.  As a lifelong Max fan, I am pleased.

Rebo definitely steals the show in that set.  Was tempted to pick it up last week, but $25 just seems like too much for only 2 new figs.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 24, 2009, 05:58 PM »
Any love for GH at SDCC?  Did I miss the photos somewhere?

Found the Rebo set at my TRU.  As a lifelong Max fan, I am pleased.

Rebo definitely steals the show in that set.  Was tempted to pick it up last week, but $25 just seems like too much for only 2 new figs.

Rebelscum finally posted some Galactic Heroes pics to their gallery.  Nothing you didn't already know, for the most part.  I did note:

1.  First picture of new Kit Fisto I think I've seen? (tunic/no cloak)
3.  Spirit Anakin is Hayden Christianson Anakin, and either an all new mold or a nice retool of like Agen Kolar or somebody.

yawn.

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
« Reply #1173 on: August 6, 2009, 10:17 PM »
I was kind of bummed that there wasn't more new GH stuff on display at SDCC.  I also picked up the new cinema scene with the MAx Rebo and was so very excited because he and Droopy are awesome, but I had all the rest of that set already so I sold them on a local classified.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 8, 2009, 05:55 PM »
Found a Commander Thire & IG-86 set this morning at WM.  Is that new  ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 9, 2009, 04:58 AM »
Found a Commander Thire & IG-86 set this morning at WM.  Is that new  ???

That is part of the new wave with Ahsoka/Goldie, Kit Fisto/Grievous with 4-Lightsabers, and Yoda/ARF Trooper.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 10, 2009, 12:14 PM »
I found the TRU sets (Jabba's Skiff/Yavin Ceremony) over the weekend, so that was a relief.  I wasn't sure how heavily these would ship, although in the past it seems like the TRU exclusive ones came back again later on.  Anyways, love the Max Rebo (and Droopy) included in this set - hopefully they will get around to the rest of the band soon as well.  They are really filling out the OT characters pretty nicely in this line.  When opening these two sets up, I have to say that the "diorama/playset" packaging is pretty nifty on these.  I was surprised to see that both of these even had a "fold out" part in the front to make a nice long walkway on the ceremony set - or a Sarlacc pit area on the Jabba set.  Nifty stuff.

Also, that reminds me, I didn't see any mention of the previously shown (I think at Toy Fair?) TRU sets: Purchase of the Droids and Kamino Showdown.  Are these still coming later this year?  Just like with the rest of the SW line, it seems like there is a crazy amount of GH stuff on the way - at least in the way of Cinema Scenes.  I'm glad I ended up dropping the PT/CW ones (at least so far), as it is getting pretty unbelievable how many of these little guys are around the house at this point.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 12:24 PM by Brian »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 11, 2009, 01:32 AM »
What are the Cinema Scenes currently retailing for in the US?  I just found the Jabba's Barge & Yavin Ceremony sets at TRU here in Canada, but prices have jumped $5 to $34.99.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 11, 2009, 11:29 AM »
What are the Cinema Scenes currently retailing for in the US?  I just found the Jabba's Barge & Yavin Ceremony sets at TRU here in Canada, but prices have jumped $5 to $34.99.

I just picked up those sets at TRU last week, and they were $24.99 at TRU.  I'm pretty sure the regular release sets are still right around $20, although I haven't picked one up in awhile now.  I thought they were $19.99 last time I checked at Target though.

Offline Banthaholic

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 15, 2009, 02:14 PM »
Picked up the Max Rebo set the other day, Max is awesome.  Just need Sy.

Does anyone remember the GH poster Hasbrotoyshop was giving away earlier this year?  Of course I had nothing to order at the time.   I'd love to find a picture of that to use as my desktop.
Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 18, 2009, 12:22 PM »
Looks like the newer two packs (both the OT ones and the latest CW wave) are all in stock at HTS right now, for anyone interested.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 24, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Plenty of Galactic Heros talk lately:

1.  Hasbro tells jedinews why the AT-AT got delayed:  They couldn't fit it on the reduced shelfspace at big retail.  If it happens again next year, they may try it out at an unspecified (TRU) exclusive retailer.

2.  Rebelscum gets the Anakin Starfighter, ROJ Falcon, and Endor Celebration sets (plus some others we already knew were out) on hand for their photo archives.  Are these trickling out, then?  I've never known Rebelscum to get ahold of GH items before they're released.

3.  Collection Station has to be directly told what we already knew:  we aren't getting plastic playsets for GH any sooner than we will for 3.75.  The cardboard Cinema Scenes are it.

4.  Hasbro warms up to a request from jedinews to try scaled down podracers with pilots in the GH line.   ;D ;D ;D This has been at the very tip-top of my wants list for years.  The tastefully deformed GH line is the only line I could ever imagine succeeding with collectible podracers alongside collectible pilots.  Heck, this is the only line I can imagine getting an attractive pod chariot alongside attractive pod engines.  Those dumb vehicles can hardly even fit on the screen all at once.  I SOOO hope this happens.

5.  In the same set of questions, Hasbro doesn't rule out a jedinews request for troop-building Cinema Scenes.  Meh.  If you don't have enough GH clones, I don't know what to tell you.  I'm all for troops as dupes as long as we have to live with dupes anyway, but to actually ask for entire Cinema Scenes to be built around like Obi-wan, one new fig, and 6 orange clones?

6.  Also in the same set, we are devastated and stunned to learn that no GH Gunships are in the works for the next couple years, at least.   :'(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 24, 2009, 05:52 PM »
Thanks for the great summary!  Very interesting info about the AT-AT, I'm sure it'll sell like crazy once it hits the shelves.  Let's just hope it's a reasonable price.

The Falcon has hit Costco in Canada, but I haven't heard of the other Scenes being found yet.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 24, 2009, 06:14 PM »
Thanks for posting all of that, some nice news in there.  I really hope that AT-AT sees the light of day, and I would think it would be a lock for next year's ESB anniversary.  It may be a tough one to come by, as this line (at least here locally) still seems quite popular.  Sure, the older stuff starts to sit now, but it always seems like they eventually sell through (even Vader's TIE and older sets like that).  I love that we're getting more vehicles (OT in particular) in this line lately with the Snowspeeder, the upcoming Slave 1, and possibly the AT-AT next year.  I've dropped the CW/PT stuff entirely here, but my daughter and I are still trying to keep up with the OT stuff.  I've said it before, but I never would have thought we'd get some of the characters we have in this line (Dodonna, Porkins, or even Ceremonial Leia).  As great as the basic figures and everything look these days, for some reason this line sort of reminds me of the "fun" aspect of the vintage line.  Solid toys that are fun to play with.

Offline 78bird85

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 25, 2009, 09:41 PM »
hi guys! new to this forum but a loyal Galactic Heroes collector!  On Bigbadtoystore.com ,they have pre-orders for 3 new galactic heroes cinema scenes including boba fett's slave I, endor battle, and obi wan's jedi starfighter!