Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352108 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1215 on: October 15, 2009, 03:05 AM »
Too cool, I think the Y-Wing will be a great addition, though personally I'd prefer an OT version.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 16, 2009, 01:10 PM »
Well that's good news for folks.  I'm kinda getting burnt out on these - it's like rebuying another whole line of SW figs and vehicles.  It was fun collecting these when they first came out for a few years, but now I just don't quite feel the same about this line.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 18, 2009, 08:13 PM »
I really hope they do a TIE Fighter now ...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1218 on: October 19, 2009, 01:20 AM »
That's a fantastic idea!  I'd have to get 2 to flank Vader's TIE.   ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 19, 2009, 11:43 AM »
I'm sort of surprised we haven't seen a TIE fighter yet, but I would think it would be one of the next ones on the list.  It is crazy how big this line has ended up getting.  I never would have guessed we'd have gotten all the characters we have, let alone some of these vehicles now.  It is a fun line though.  I've narrowed down to just collecting the OT ones, which helps some, but even then it is quite a bit.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1220 on: October 19, 2009, 12:18 PM »
I'd think the packaging is a big reason why we got Vader's TIE and not the standard TIE so far.  I could see a TIE Interceptor fitting in the box, but the standard TIE might be too tall.

It is neat to see them get some other ships out finally, the boys really love the ships.  I'd still like to see an A-Wing or an honest-to-goodness ANH Landspeeder (none of that transforming landspeeder nonsense they tried previously).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 12:18 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 19, 2009, 03:37 PM »
It's definitely nice to see all the fun new vehicles being released.  Unfortunately, I've fallen behind on this line especially with the vehicle sets.  The last cinema vehicle set I bought was the TRU AT-RT Battle on Kashyyyk one which feels like a long time ago.

Also, I was at Chino Hills Costco yesterday and saw an entire pallet of the Millenium Falcon set.  It was priced at $27.99 and came with 2 Rebel Commandos, Nien Nunb, and Lando.  A nice Xmas present for any SW GH fan I would say.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 20, 2009, 11:30 AM »
I made a tough pass on Obi Wan's Episode 3 starfighter last night.  There are enough Galactic Heroes ships in my house and on the horizon that it seems a little silly for Anakin and Obi Wan to have 4 ships.  I guess I'll also pass on Anakin's Episode 2 ship and wait until his Episode 3 ship gets announced and released?

It does stink to pass on the 2 legged R4.  It can stand in pretty nicely in a GH sort of way for Wedge's droid.  Between it, R5-D8, R2-D2, and using R2-Q2 as an iffy double for Bigg's droid, all the X-wing pilots can have a matching droid to ride with them.  I think that's pretty cool.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 11:34 AM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 23, 2009, 11:43 PM »
I'm catching up a little; ordered Ahsoka Tano/Goldie, IG-86/Clone Commander Thire, Nien Nunb/Admiral Ackbar, Chewbacca/Death Star Droid with Mouse Droid, and Stormtrooper/Rebel Trooper off HTS along with my Titaniums.  I missed out on the 2 Grievous sets and the Yoda/ARF Trooper set as they were sold out. 

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 25, 2009, 11:18 AM »
It is crazy how big this line has ended up getting.  I never would have guessed we'd have gotten all the characters we have, let alone some of these vehicles now.  It is a fun line though.  I've narrowed down to just collecting the OT ones, which helps some, but even then it is quite a bit.

I agree, it is a fun line. I'm doing the OT only as well, and trying to avoid the scene packs where they only have a couple of new ones (spirits, yavin set). As it is, I still have nearly 150 of the buggers. Even counting for duplicates, there are easily 120 unique OT figures. And we still don't have a cantina hammerhead, OT yoda, or OT palpatine.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 26, 2009, 10:11 AM »
we still don't have a cantina hammerhead

A hammerhead came in a 2-Pack with one of the Modal Nodes, so I'm assuming he's from the Cantina & another 2-Pack had Vader and a Holographic Palpatine, which might not exactly be a Death Star Palpatine, but it does represent an OT version.
I am not the Stig

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 26, 2009, 12:40 PM »
Well that's good news for folks.  I'm kinda getting burnt out on these - it's like rebuying another whole line of SW figs and vehicles.  It was fun collecting these when they first came out for a few years, but now I just don't quite feel the same about this line.

Largely while I bailed on this line.  I still think they're extremely well done and a reasonable value for the price.  I don't really do much posing with my figures, so the lack of articulation isn't a hindrance to me.  But when it became clear they'd be making these in the 100s of characters I decided to get out.  I have a smattering of them left from the very first sets released, but could probably let those go too.  I'm glad they kept the line going but don't want to bother trying to keep up. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 26, 2009, 01:36 PM »
we still don't have a cantina hammerhead

A hammerhead came in a 2-Pack with one of the Modal Nodes, so I'm assuming he's from the Cantina & another 2-Pack had Vader and a Holographic Palpatine, which might not exactly be a Death Star Palpatine, but it does represent an OT version.

Hammerhead was also in the Cantina Band Cinema Scene ... a repaint of the 2 pack version.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 26, 2009, 01:39 PM »
Yeah, while I've really been enjoying it, I can see why some have - or are thinking about - dropping out.  I cut back to OT only, and have really enjoyed that aspect of the line from the beginning.  Our daughter is really into them as well, so that helps keep things going too.

We just recently got the Slave 1 and Endor Attack sets.  I really like the Slave 1 set, and look forward to more vehicles in the line in the future.  The Endor Attack set sort of gives me buyer's remorse though.  Literally the only thing "new" in the set is the Ewok with glider, everything else appears to just be a straight repack with no changes whatsoever.  They could have at least repainted a couple ewoks or something.  I will say, the new fold out dioramas in these things now are pretty nifty.  Sort of wish I had the room to display them.  I have kept them all basically, but don't really have the room to use them.

I think I'm caught up on this line for the time being.  I still haven't gotten the Endor set with the Jedi Spirits (is that even released yet?), or the "Purchase of the Droids" set that was supposed to be a TRU exclusive but hasn't been mentioned since Toy Fair in February.  Not sure if that one is still on the way or not.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 26, 2009, 01:53 PM »
I still haven't gotten the Endor set with the Jedi Spirits (is that even released yet?)

That set started shipping to Targets in MN in late Sept, but it seems to have sold pretty well out here.  Pretty sure Anakin's SF is its case mate.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN