Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 351563 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Playskool Line/Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2004, 09:06 PM »
Oh yeah, that helps out lots ::)  Big red circles from the customs folks comparing the receipt to the declared value is always a ton of fun >:(

Yeah.  Seriously.  I wonder what kind of dumbass would do that...  You'd have to be a total 'tard to do something so dumb!

And Beth, whatever helps you feel better about your "cheating" ways, dear...   ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2004, 05:11 AM »
Found the first 3 sets tonight, at TRU for $4.99 and right next to the regular SW action figure section.  No Chewie/3PO set though.  Is that one not out yet, or did I just miss out?  Doesn't sound like anyone's found that set yet...

Cute little suckers!  Probably only about $3 or $4 cute, but what the hell...

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2004, 06:26 PM »
Found the first 3 sets tonight, at TRU for $4.99 and right next to the regular SW action figure section.  No Chewie/3PO set though.  Is that one not out yet, or did I just miss out?  Doesn't sound like anyone's found that set yet...

Cute little suckers!  Probably only about $3 or $4 cute, but what the hell...

Hey Colman,

I hope all is well with you and yours.  Yes the Chewie and C3PO set is out but appears to be the HTF so far.  A neighbor of mine in AZ scored that set today.

-DBK-

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2004, 10:16 PM »
I plan on buying all these sets for my nephew.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2004, 12:47 PM »
Hey Colman,

I hope all is well with you and yours.  Yes the Chewie and C3PO set is out but appears to be the HTF so far.  A neighbor of mine in AZ scored that set today.

Cool, thanks for the heads up Fish!  So, you've already made a collecting friend out there?!  Nice!  And where's our Arizona finds thread here, eh?!   :P  (I know RS has a kick ass one though)  BTW, did you come out here last week and NOT call me?!   :-X  I thought we were gonna try to get together when you were here.  LMK when you're headed back out Matthew!

I plan on buying all these sets for my nephew.

Yeah, suuuure Jason.  That's what we all said we we got into this line - "for our nephews/kids".  What gave it away though, is most of us don't have nephews/kids...   ;)

You're gonna have to send us some pictures with visual proof, or your nephew tearing them all open and playing with them, and then him storing them away in HIS room!   :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2004, 12:54 PM »
Got my set of 4 today...super cool, they seem smaller than the previous sets though...maybe its just the new packaging

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2004, 07:04 PM »
OK, found all 4 sets at K-Mart today ($5.49 each), including the only one that I still needed - the Chewie/3PO one.  All caught up again!   8)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2004, 07:28 PM »
OK, found all 4 sets at K-Mart today ($5.49 each), including the only one that I still needed - the Chewie/3PO one.  All caught up again!   8)

I already let him rip open the CC exclusive Biker Scout, so that's a start.   ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #158 on: August 6, 2004, 12:27 AM »
These guys have finally hit Target stores now too ($4.99), along with the newly packaged Millenium Falcon ($29.99).  Saw a ton of the three two-pack sets, but once again, absolutely NO Chewie/3PO sets.  Weird.  Definitely the tough one of the bunch to find...

Anyone know if there's any differences between this "new" Falcon, and the previously released one (other than the figures it comes with)?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool (original) & Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2004, 10:15 AM »
Just curious, for those of you who collect the Playskool/Galactic Heroes line....are you selective, do you buy all of them, OT only, PT only?  I have all of the OT sets released so far...and I am about to get caught up with the new releases (thanks Matt!), and I've basically just been sticking to the OT figures/sets.  However, looking at the pics online of the AOTC wave coming up sometime soon, they look kind of neat as well, so I'm thinking about getting those too.  Just curious what some of you do, if you stick to the OT, or if you bring the PT sets in as well.  I believe previously, there have only been 2 prequel sets (Duel with Darth Maul and Rampaging Reek).  I've always stuck to OT-only with any sublines, and will probably continue to do so, but this line (as well as some of the Unleashed) are both tempting at times.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2004, 11:18 AM »
I'm not OT anything.  Having recently been watching the PT's again (my daughter likes Amidala, well, anything princess-like), I'm finding a great many flaws in the movies, so I'm not doing myself any favors.  But there are some really neat characters in the movies, so I don't like to restrict myself.  Besides, she actually plays with these ones, though she prefers playing with the Wampa, more than anything else.  

PT/OT, whatever.  They're all cool little toys.  Maul is neat.  Mace is neat.  Little clone trooper is cool.  The Reek is really well done.  I loathe Anakin as a child and the vehicle is the only Ep I vehicle I own, but it gets played with.  I still need to bring home my Falcon, now that I think about it.

How about this:  I bring home an OTC Falcon, Lego Falcon and Playskool Falcon all at once.  Think my wife will be impressed? ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2004, 09:37 AM »
I picked up the first wave yesterday at TRU, no sign of the Chewy set although I woulod have passed on it already since I have him from the Falcon.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2004, 11:28 AM »
Just received the first four packs of these (thanks Matt), and also saw some hanging out at TRU yesterday.  I am still really enjoying this line, and I really like how these are packaged.  I'm not sure what it is (character art, background, etc.), but they just look kind of spiffy to me.  Although some people probably wouldn't like it, looking at the art on the front, it seems they could easily develop a "Galactic Heroes" cartoon for the kids.  Anyways, nice packaging and figures, and I can't wait for the upcoming waves to start hitting.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2004, 11:27 PM »
Juat got notice that the AOTC sets I ordered from EE are shipping!  Should get them next week, I almost broke out the first Wave yesterday for JediMAX, but held off.  I'm thinking Christmas

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: August 27, 2004, 04:58 PM »
Good Pal of mine in WI let me know that he found the AotC GH packs at Target near Madison today.

He nabbed the Padme/Aniakin set and the Obi-Wan/Jango set, but the Yoda/Clone were gone...

Time to start watching for these at retail too, eh?

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender