Author Topic: NBA Offseason 2007  (Read 24335 times)

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Offseason 2007
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 11:31 PM »
KG to the Celtics, KG to Indy, KG for Kobe, KG for Amare...  ::)

don't forget about KG for everybody on the mavs except Dirk.  sports radio here has been dying trying to come up with anything to talk about since the mavs and stars had such short post seasons.   its really funny to hear the hosts actually talk about the twolves trading KG for Jet Terry and some scrubs.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 12:27 PM »
Garnett trade speculation continues: Garnett says "no" to Boston.

Apparently a deal was close to being struck between the Celtics and Wolves, until Garnett said he didn't want to play in Boston (and wouldn't sign an extension next summer).  Here's the pieces rumored to be involved:

Wolves Get: Al Jefferson, Next Week's Draft's No. 5, Theo Ratliff, Wally Szczerbiak, and Sebastian Telfair

Boston Gets: Kevin Garnett, Troy Hudson

It sounds like Garnett's team of choice - if he has to be traded - is Phoenix.  As much as I would love to see Garnett and Nash play together, I don't know whether I would give up Stoudemire for that or not, seeing as he's only 24 and seems to be doing well after his surgery.  I'm sure Minnesota would want Stoudemire though.  If somehow Phoenix can work out a deal involving Marion and others, that might be interesting.  It would be neat to see two of my favorite players united on the same team:

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 12:32 PM »
Marion will not play here or Boston so really it seems like it is going to have to be Stoudamire for Garnett...I'd of done that Boston deal in a heartbeat...too bad it didn't work out :-[

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Yeah, I heard that about Marion as well - and if I were Minnesota, I'd rather have Stoudemire anyways.  A young big man to build the team around can't hurt things, and players like Randy Foye, Rashad McCants, and Craig Smith improving, its not a bad rebuilding.  The deal with Boston probably wouldn't have been terrible from that standpoint either.  I'd hate to see Garnett leaving Minny, but if there was one place I'd like to see him go, it would be Phoenix.  I'd be curious what he and Nash would be like playing together.  Both are getting older, but have plenty of juice left.  Its definitely shaping up to be an interesting summer with Garnett and Kobe rumors swirling, it could be a very different NBA next season.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 01:25 PM »
I thought Phoenix was unloading Marion due to salary cap issues?  If that's the case, how can swapping Stoudemire for Garnett be remotely helpful?  Then they'd be sitting on Marion and Garnett in addition to the others??  I don't get that. 

Funny that Garnett won't go to Boston.  Being a Celtics fan that kind of stings.  In spite of that, is he admitting he can't help the team or is he only wanting to go to an immediate contender?  I can understand a lack of faith in Ainge, I share that feeling.  But if a team is a contender, is he the guy to push them over the edge to the top?  I kind of don't think so.  Garnett in Phoenix for Stoudemire (or Marion) isn't going to be the key to push them over, IMO. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 10:23 PM »

Funny that Garnett won't go to Boston. 

He won't agree to go to any team that can't win a championship.

Phoenix has a nice chance to win next year.  They might have won this year if not for Amare coming up off the bench during the non-fight.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 11:14 PM »

Funny that Garnett won't go to Boston. 

He won't agree to go to any team that can't win a championship.

Phoenix has a nice chance to win next year.  They might have won this year if not for Amare coming up off the bench during the non-fight.

I think I said that above, didn't I?  Ah well, thanks for confirming the usual BS from an NBA star.  I wanna win but I'm not good enough so I have to go to a gooder team ;)

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 05:28 PM »
Ah well, thanks for confirming the usual BS from an NBA star.  I wanna win but I'm not good enough so I have to go to a gooder team ;)

i would be with you on this except KG stuck it out for a very long time with the twolves and they never really got him any help.  now i think he is too old to be part of a rebuilding process.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 08:14 PM »
Well ... it looks like Kobe may be getting the help he asked for:

Lakers, Wolves reportedly in talks regarding Garnett

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 11:27 PM »
Well ... it looks like Kobe may be getting the help he asked for:

Lakers, Wolves reportedly in talks regarding Garnett

I just heard a possible 4 team trade involving the Lakers, Wolves, Pacers and Celtics.

I don't think I heard the complete report but it's something like Garnett to Lakers (Kobe would stay then), Jermaine O'Neal to Celtics, a **** load of first round draft picks to the Wolves, picks and players to the Pacers.  Possibly Odom, Bynum, Telfair, Green moving here and there with that.  Maybe Al Jefferson.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 08:35 AM »
Yeah, that's what originally was being discussed, but I think that one of the teams (not sure which) didn't feel that they were getting enough in the trade, so it fell through.  At that point, Minnesota started dealing directly with LA. 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 08:42 AM »
Ah well, thanks for confirming the usual BS from an NBA star.  I wanna win but I'm not good enough so I have to go to a gooder team ;)

That phenomenon isn't exactly exclusive to the NBA, sir:

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 09:12 AM »
I heard about the Garnett to Lakers rumors last night as well, and saw the recap on Sportscenter this morning.  From what I remember, this is what the rumored deal looked like:

Lakers Get: Kevin Garnett
Wolves Get: 2007 #5 Draft Pick, Al Jefferson
Pacers Get: Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum
Celtics Get: Jermaine O'Neal

I can't remember if someone else was included to the Celtics or not, but that was the jist of it.  Personally, I kind of hope that Garnett doesn't end up in L.A. I don't know, I've just never been a big Lakers fan and I'm not too crazy about seeing one of my favorite players go there.  What's crazy is, on ESPN this morning, they said that "Bryant's Camp" said this made no difference and he would still want to be traded.  That almost seems like he's being difficult just to be difficult, because I would think a Kobe-KG combo would definitely be a threat.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 10:06 AM »
Is there enough basketball for Kobe/KG to play together?  Who gets the assists?  Oh right, no one.   :-*

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 03:49 PM »
Is there enough basketball for Kobe/KG to play together?  Who gets the assists?  Oh right, no one.   :-*

Garnett is the furthest thing from a ballhog.  If anything, he's a bit too unselfish at times.