Author Topic: JD's Celebration IV photo coverage!  (Read 28447 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
JD's Celebration IV photo coverage!
« on: May 23, 2007, 04:52 AM »
We're already off and rolling with the C4 photo coverage, and Ryan's got some early sneak peak shots into the Convention Center setup process around the floor, and outside.  You can check it all out right here!

« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:08 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: JD's Celebration IV photo coverage!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 04:54 AM »
I'm digging this custom diorama of the Death Star II here...  Nice!  Any info on this thing, Ryan?  Or, better yet, is there any chance you could swipe it for me while no one's looking?  :P

« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:09 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 04:58 AM »
I went all the way to Denver and Indy for the first two Celebrations....I can't believe this one's right in my backyard, and I'm not going. And it's the 30th. God...

Anyway, have fun!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 05:03 AM »
I went all the way to Denver and Indy for the first two Celebrations....I can't believe this one's right in my backyard, and I'm not going. And it's the 30th. God...

Anyway, have fun!

Weird how that works, huh? I somehow missed Denver (I live in Denver for those who don't know that) but made it to C3 in Indy and am here in LA for CIV.
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 05:06 AM »
I'm digging this custom diorama of the Death Star II here...  Nice!  Any info on this thing, Ryan?  Or, better yet, is there any chance you could swipe it for me while no one's looking?  :P

It really is an awesome looking piece. The picture doesn't do it justice. That window area is 3D and the starscape is on a backgroung sheet behind the window giving the illusion of some depth. There are some great textures on the floors there too. I can't wait to see that thing completely uncovered.

I wish I could tell you what the Death Star II was... I was supprised to see it as it was rather randomly placed outside the CIV Store, the complete opposite side from where Frank (Niub Niub) would be. That and I don't even think he was there yet. It looks like it is 1:18 scale though. I'll try and figure out what the deal with it is tomorrow. I just thought it looked cool so I took a picture.  :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:17 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 08:32 AM »
Preview pics look great so far. Have fun out there!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 03:08 PM »

It really is an awesome looking piece. The picture doesn't do it justice. That window area is 3D and the starscape is on a backgroung sheet behind the window giving the illusion of some depth. There are some great textures on the floors there too. I can't wait to see that thing completely uncovered.

I wish I could tell you what the Death Star II was... I was supprised to see it as it was rather randomly placed outside the CIV Store, the complete opposite side from where Frank (Niub Niub) would be. That and I don't even think he was there yet. It looks like it is 1:18 scale though. I'll try and figure out what the deal with it is tomorrow. I just thought it looked cool so I took a picture.  :)

It's everyone's wet dream come true!  It's a brand new DS2 playset EXCLUSIVE to C4!  I can't believe it!   :o :-X ;) :-*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 05:26 PM »

Anyway, have fun!

Weird how that works, huh? I somehow missed Denver (I live in Denver for those who don't know that) but made it to C3 in Indy and am here in LA for CIV.

I have no one to blame but myself. I skipped CIII because I was pissed about the original OT not getting a DVD release and the doubling of the fan club price. After souring on it, I never really worked up enough interest to save money and plan to go to this one. Of course I knew I'd regret it this time....

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 03:56 AM »

It's everyone's wet dream come true!  It's a brand new DS2 playset EXCLUSIVE to C4!  I can't believe it!   :o :-X ;) :-*

Looks like it is the Robot Chicken set... :)
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 04:49 AM »
Hah...  That makes sense now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 06:12 AM »
Anybody know where this Yoda comes from? Custom job?? That's most beautiful life size Yoda I've ever seen.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 06:41 AM »
Not sure, but it's sitting in Obi-Shawn's car, so I'll try to remember to ask him tomorrow, if you haven't figured it out by then...

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 06:43 AM »
Not sure, but it's sitting in Obi-Shawn's car, so I'll try to remember to ask him tomorrow, if you haven't figured it out by then...

Thanks, Matt. :)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 02:53 PM »
Some quick shots of the crew from C4 - I had a blast guys!!!

Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 12:33 AM »
A pic from C4, very nice meeting up with people & I had a blast.  :)