Author Topic: How Many V30AC Snowtroopers do you currently have?  (Read 36653 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: How Many V30AC Snowtroopers do you currently have?
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2007, 01:42 PM »

I love these guys. Didn't realize I was up to 24 (plus one carded) until I saw this thread and took a tally (as well as a pic for my desktop.)
They've been pretty plentiful in my area; I've even been able to help out a few other locals with them. But I think this is a good number to stop at.  :o   :D

E>

and that is exactly why i will never find him :P

nice set up...must have cost you A LOT though. i know up where i am it is around $50(with tax) just to get 3 :(

my goal is to get 2 openers.

anyone else have kickass pics of all there snowies in action?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2007, 06:28 PM »
Get one more, make it 25 opened :P

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Still at only 2, but I'm going to try for 3 more when I find them again.  One of my local WM's is out of this one, and I won't pay $12 at Target.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2007, 09:08 PM »
Yeah I've been passing on the higher priced ones.  $12 is KM and Target's price, I haven't been to a KB though to see what they're charging.  I've probably passed on 20 at just those stores though due to price.

I did a head count tonight and I'm at 13.  Not as many as I'd like to have but there's so many other figures I'm picking up army building-wise right now that I've gotta sort of pace it I guess.  I doubt I go hog wild with this Snowtrooper though and will just hope for a re-release at some point like the Scout and Stormtrooper.  It easily would sell.  It's a fantastic figure.

I got 6 of mine from Hasbro, 2 from NFC, and the other 5 came from Wal-Mart finds.  Not a lot from retail but nothing I got I paid over retail for, even after shipping, so that's pretty nifty. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2007, 09:16 AM »
Picked up two more bringing me to 23.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2007, 09:21 AM »
I've passed a few that I've seen at Target as well, since they were at the $12 price.  I'm at 5 total so far (1 carded, 4 loose) and wouldn't mind picking up a few more if I see them.  I've thought about ordering one or two from HTS, but I'm waiting for some other basic stuff to come in stock (Wave 3 would be nice), so we'll see.  One thing I'm kind of surprised by is that these have been in stock at HTS for like two weeks now, and never gone out of stock.  I wouldn't think that could have happened with either the VOTC Stormtrooper or Biker Scout.  Do you think it is just that people are tighter with money this year with all the gas price nonsense, or that people are tired of paying $10 a figure, or some other reason?  I mean, the Snowtrooper is obviously a great figure, and army builders are normally crazy popular - no matter the price.  Although I know there is a slight price difference, but it almost seems like the various clones (which are almost always out of stock) are more popular than OT troops at that point.  That seems blasphemous to me :P.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2007, 09:34 AM »
Long story short, I got 5 more since my last posting putting me at 28. 10 more and I'm done.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2007, 10:07 AM »
I have to say i think its cool you guys are army builders but i am very happy i am not. No way i could afford doing that in addition to everything else i spend. Every once and i while i think it would be cool to do, but then my wallet slaps me back into reality.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2007, 11:17 AM »
Do you think it is just that people are tighter with money this year with all the gas price nonsense, or that people are tired of paying $10 a figure, or some other reason? 

It could also be because the revision wave is supposedly packed with SIX of them.

:P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2007, 11:31 AM »
Do you think it is just that people are tighter with money this year with all the gas price nonsense, or that people are tired of paying $10 a figure, or some other reason? 

It could also be because the revision wave is supposedly packed with SIX of them.

Is that true?  I hope it is because if it is I plan on picking up 75 or so of them on clearance.    ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2007, 12:39 PM »
I sure as heck hope it's true!  According to Entertainment Earth, it is -

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87295A1

If that's the case, then I think you're right - the Snowtroopers might end up on clearance... sure would be nice to walk into Target one day, and find them on a clearance endcap for cheap...

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2007, 06:49 PM »
This whole thing reminds me of how video games work. When they first hit selves they are really high price at about $60-$70 a pop. One reason they do that is to cover development & production cost, and there are many that have to have the game right now. If you wait 6 months or more you can have the game for $20-$30. Hasbro must be taking pointers, because there are mopping up on all that have to have a big army of these right now. Don't get me wrong about this as the vintage figures are really cool, but it is hard for me to swallow the $10 for them and some are even finding them for $12 :o, that is crazy. With all the hype for these and Hasbro is making a killing. Plus once the hype moves on, they offer them in the basic line and make a killing again. I wish they would offer this type of figures in the basic line from the start as I don't fell a figure we should have been getting all along for $7 is priced at $10-$12. I'm glad the clone trooper (AOTC & ROTS versions) didn't go this way, as they were offered at the basic price with the awsome articulation.

I only got 2 as I like to keep one on card, but I couldn't even think of getting the 20+ of these at the price they are. If they hit clearance I'll get a few more, but other than that I'll wait for the basic recard version.

Other thing is that I think the Snowtrooper look a bit bulky, maybe out of place a little too with the scale. Anyone else think that too?
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2007, 09:34 AM »

Question is, has the revision case hit the market yet?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2007, 01:12 PM »
1 x autographed
1 x MOMC
12 openers
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2007, 11:47 PM »
I happened upon 10 of these at a WM tonight...  I grabbed 5 and left 5, but man it was tempting to walk out with 10...  I think I'd have called it a day on them then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77