Author Topic: How Many V30AC Snowtroopers do you currently have?  (Read 36740 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: How Many V30AC Snowtroopers do you currently have?
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2007, 01:01 AM »
I've got another pair sitting here.  I'm trying to convince myself not to open them, but I don't think I'll be able to.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2007, 10:33 AM »
I now have 2 open ones.   I just WISH Hasblo included a Kama for them though
Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2007, 05:45 PM »
STILL none, Im getting annoyed.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2007, 05:51 PM »
Robo-Quack, www.hasbrotoyshop.com has had them in stock for a while... order a few, you'll be glad you did!    :)

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2007, 07:08 PM »
Yeah, when these are readily available online you should order.  Hell there's been so many coupons available lately you could've had them less than retail shipped to your door.  I ordered a pile and got them for less than what it would've cost with tax and gas to get to WM, and it just arrived at my house...  You cannot beat that kind of deal.

Kudos to Hasbro for keeping them in stock even at this point...  WM is the only place at retail that any Vintage are really selling (in my area anyway), though I admittedly haven't been to TRU in quite some time since they're all a hike away from me.  Still though, I've noticed full sets selling through at WM stores quite consistantly.  My nearest one I visit routinely has sold through no less than 6 cases of vintage, straight through save for a couple Han figures chilling on the shelf right now.

Another WM I visit semi-routinely has sold through nearly the same numbers by my estimate and now have at least 5 cases worth out on a shelf in an aisle of seemingly floating product with no designated shelf space.

Target, from what I've gathered, is sitting on their first shipments of these figures still.  Serves them right for the price gouging.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2007, 08:58 AM »
Yeah, I've been surprised that HTS has had the Snowtroopers in stock for so long.  Actually, I don't think I've ever seen them go "out of stock" yet.  If/when I have a slowdown in collecting, I might pick up a few more that way.  I've seen them at retail a few times here, but they are definitely the first to go.  Also, IG-88 seems to be just as scarce.  I don't know that I've seen one of those since I first picked these up.  Our local TRU has a few on the pegs (the other four in the wave), and Target is sitting on the entire wave for the $12 prices (even Snowtroopers hang for a bit).  Wal-Mart definitely had the biggest shipment of these, but they're down to about 6 or so figures, and they are just stacked up on a shelf jammed in-between a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff (not even action figures).  That's where they have been the whole time, nowhere near the Star Wars, action figures, or endcaps.  I guess all the movie promos are giving them the back seat.

I don't know if it is the price, but I can't believe these have been in stock at HTS so long, while all of the clones and clone-related figures are always sold out pretty much.  Not that the clones aren't good figures, but I guess I'd take an "ultimate" OT army builder over clones if I had the choice.  Oh well, its great for anyone who is having troubles finding them though.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 3, 2007, 09:11 AM »
Just added number 29.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #142 on: July 3, 2007, 09:20 AM »
Holy crap 29! thats awesome!

I just hit the 10 Mark. I wish I had more room, its not the money but space to display and store.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 3, 2007, 09:50 AM »
I got another one of these from the wife for my birthday, so I've got a total of 6 (1 carded, 5 loose).

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 4, 2007, 03:08 AM »
What's a Snowtrooper?  >:(

Actually, I've got a case of vintage preordered, so I should have one carded and one loose very soon.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 4, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Picked up 3 more of these guys on clearance at Target, bringing me to a total of seven.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 4, 2007, 05:26 PM »
I got 20 and passed on another 15 at retail and countless at HTS.com.  I just feel it in my bones that we're gonna get more at basic figure prices in the future, so no point wasting more money.

I love me some VTAC snowtrooper.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 4, 2007, 05:54 PM »
I got 20 and passed on another 15 at retail and countless at HTS.com.  I just feel it in my bones that we're gonna get more at basic figure prices in the future, so no point wasting more money.

I love me some VTAC snowtrooper.

Identical situation here.  I stopped at 20 but would love to add a bunch more later on.  These new definitive sculpts of army builders are going to be released again and again and again at regular prices.  So I say pick up the minimum that would make me happy now and then get the rest later.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
I have yet to see these at B&M retail too, so I own 0.  That's not a bad thing since that means a few extra bucks saved so far.

Still haven't seen one on the pegs yet believe it or not, and I still own 0.  The Targets I went to this morning had all others except for the Snowtrooper.  VTAC isn't on clearance here yet.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 5, 2007, 09:09 PM »
No clearance here either. Was surprised to see one Snowtrooper on the pegs.
I remember my dream now.