Author Topic: How Many V30AC Snowtroopers do you currently have?  (Read 36654 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
I went to Target today and saw ZERO. So I'm still at ZERO. If I get desperate enough to complete the set I'll just order one online.

Give it 3 more months.  With toy runs a couple times a week, at the end of 3 months you will have had the opportunity to buy 20-30 of these at retail.

They have been out all of one week. Just exercise some patience and wait it out. These will be shipping all summer. Sometime in the next few weeks/months you will find one.
"This is the way."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
I have yet to see these at B&M retail too, so I own 0.  That's not a bad thing since that means a few extra bucks saved so far.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I found some of these at Wal-Mart this weekend for the cheaper $9.88 price, so I picked up a couple more.  I now have 5 (1 carded, 4 loose).  I could have grabbed a couple more, but I had already spent enough this weekend.  I wanted to have four loose ones, so I'm happy with that.  If they are fairly easily available, I might grab a couple more over the summer.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Got some more over the weekend.

I'm at 11 (1 carded, 10 loose). That's it for me. Unless these come on regular cards cheaper down the line, I'm done with Snowtroopers.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Thanks to Hasbro Toy Shop, a Forum Member, and dumb luck...I have 7 right now, either in possession or on the way. 

I was toying with one last night and found that all the heads I made for my DS Gunner Army fit pretty good.

Also the OT Tins removable Cowl Snow Troop fits ok too...

I know this will shock noone, but this figure is the "Grail" for me this year.  It is all downhill from here.  And I only need 17 more....maaybe 18 to kitbash an Officer with the Torso of the TIN one..

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
I got 2 more tonight...  Besides the stance, which is fixable, I'm on cloud nine with this one.  Superior to the Scout even to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I've got 6 of them.  Seen about 30 or so, will probably get a few more.  Great figure, but I can't afford to really go all out anymore on figures like I used to.

:P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Still 0.  I saw vintage figs for the first time last night at target.  All they had was Luke, Han and Leia.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Found 2 fresh cases at Wal-Mart at lunch today - so I'm up to 10 loose, 1 carded.

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere or should be elsewhere, but what do you folks who have squads of snowies do with the UGH things (if not redeeming them yourselves)? Do you trade or sell them or would you consider doing so?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere or should be elsewhere, but what do you folks who have squads of snowies do with the UGH things (if not redeeming them yourselves)? Do you trade or sell them or would you consider doing so?

I'm plannign on keeping a set or two for myself. I'll have a third set. I'll probably trade for something else. (This AFTER I mail it in. It would be in bad taste to just trade the little stickers, IMHO. But at least with the coins, there is something solid to trade, not to mention you DID spend $4.95 to send away for the coin set. So that seems more fair when asking for something in trade. Again just my opinion though.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
I'm sending one off for myself, one off for a buddy, and 3 more stickers from now I'll be sending one off for Brent.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com

Depending on how many sets I wind up with I'd probably trade some or even consider selling some sets...  I found that no matter how easily obtainable the Lucas Trooper was last year, people still would gladly buy him off you for about half the cost of a set...  It seemed like there was just a lot of guys who didn't want the figures,b ut wanted Lucas figures...  I didn't get a ton of Lucas figures ultimately, partly because I got my Scouts sans stickers generally, but this year I don't know that I'll be so lucky to get Snowies as cheap as I did get some Scouts.  So I may wind up with a lot of sets of coins actually...  Depends how things go for me I guess on finding Snowtroopers.

Nice that you don't need complete sets of the figures to get the coins though, unlike last year for the most part.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force

I'm plannign on keeping a set or two for myself. I'll have a third set. I'll probably trade for something else. (This AFTER I mail it in. It would be in bad taste to just trade the little stickers, IMHO. But at least with the coins, there is something solid to trade, not to mention you DID spend $4.95 to send away for the coin set. So that seems more fair when asking for something in trade. Again just my opinion though.

-Sal

Thanks. I was just curious. I'm considering building a squad of snowies and wasn't sure what everyone else is doing with the leftover stickers. Most likely, I won't be getting more than 1 set of figures, but I know I won't need more than 1 coin set.

« Last Edit: June 5, 2007, 07:26 PM by Blackwolf13 »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
8 and counting.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback