Author Topic: SDCC McQuarrie Obi-Wan and Yoda  (Read 11927 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2007, 08:48 PM »
cant we all just...get along? ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2007, 09:20 PM »
Charming conversation...

It's ok to be annoyed with Hasbro over exclusives like this show's McFigures...  Brand new figures, hottest sub-line to the basic figure line in ages really, one likely available afterwards but the other figure being completely up in the air as to whether or not it'll be a tough one to track down...  THere's some pretty valid reasoning there to be "pissed off" at Hasbro.

Whether you can track down help...  It's best to ask early.  C3 Vader was EASY to get ahold of, and it was EASY to get stuck with them too after the show...  THese, I don't think will be so easy to get stuck with but I'm truly hoping our folks going (who work for the site and who just frequent our boards here) are gonna be able to help out as many people as possible get these McFigures as easily as possible.

Poddie, see if you can get on the "I want a figure list"...  I can't recall where it is, but it's around here somewhere (check the C4/Conventions part of the forums, I think it's there).  I think someone will help you out as long as you cover cost + shipping.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: SDCC Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2007, 10:34 PM »
Kudos to Jesse and Jeff on breaking this story oh so long ago...these are more than welcome additions to the collection.  Which leaves probably one possible McQuarrie figure left.  Lando?  I hope so

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2007, 11:21 PM »
Forgive me for asking, but are these really SDCC figures, or are we still assuming they are? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2007, 11:22 PM »
Yes, yes they are.  Confirmed in a Comic Con Newsletter today

http://www.comic-con.org/common/assets/upd2007_2.pdf (see page 44)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2007, 11:24 PM »
At first, I wasn't happy hearing that these were con exclusives.

But then again, it's one less McQuarrie figure that I'll have to fight the vultures for at retail. That would be worth the extra cash to me.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: SDCC McQuarrie Obi-Wan and Yoda
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2007, 11:27 PM »
I'm so ambivilent at this point about it it's not even funny.  It irks me a little these are exclusives.  Then I know I'll be able to nab them either through the good graces of JD, or the not so good graces of ebay.  I'll get them.  No worries.  I just don't like the fact that the best part of this hobby is starting to become work.  I can't even find the Mc Fett in the stores, let alone a freakin' exclusive.  I liked it better last year when I was poor and did not have the luxury of affording things I couldn't find.   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2007, 11:36 PM »
Yeah good work to the news crew on scooping that up...  I figured it would be McFigures for SDCC but the pink astromech is a surprise.  I wasn't so sure on the pink astromech though...  till I saw it's a tribute figure, as I was thinking it was a tribute to Lucas's daughters (busy night, don't ask)...  It's nice then.  It's different too, a nice astromech for something special.

Yeah on the McFigures though...  :)  Just wish these exclusives would friggin' end at this point.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 01:39 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2007, 11:52 PM »
One way or another I'll get these. If I know anyone going, I'll have them hook me up. Otherwise I'll try trading or Ebay. Granted it'd be nice to be able to get these anywhere, but my life will go on if I can't get them right away.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2007, 12:07 AM »
Thanks for the confirmation on that Scott, I didn't see anything on the front page.  These days though, coming from me, that don't mean much. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2007, 01:06 AM »
Got to see both of these at Celebration today. You guys are going to love them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Great news, and good job on the scoop awhile back Jeff/Jesse.  I'm really glad to see the Yoda concept coming to figure form, as well as Obi-Wan.  We should have a pretty full lineup by year's end.  Like Scott mentioned, that might only leave maybe Lando at this point.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Yeah, that's great news that we're getting Yoda and Obi-Wan. Can't wait to see these. Now, we just need a petition to get a Lando and an Emperor and I'd be happy.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2007, 02:18 PM »
Scum has pictures up, these two look amazing...I've been meaning to post a snapshot of McQuarrie Kenobi out of the Art of SW book, its almost spot on.  Yoda could be a little weirder but he'll do :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2007, 02:41 PM »
Wow, these do look nice.  This McQuarrie line has just been great this year, and hopefully these (and the C4 exclusives) won't be too tough for everyone to pick up.  With this exclusive pricing though, I'm starting to question the extra carded set a little bit - its really adding up at $15-$20 a pop.