Author Topic: The UGP at CIV - The Official Web Coverage and Picture Thread  (Read 19229 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Day 1 Wednesday 9:30am

Well, we got there at 9:30 this morning to find out that none of the tables where setup at all. Frank didn't arrive until the afternoon. We unloaded the cars and dragged it all upstairs and organized ourselves. We cut up the board and layed out the vinyl flooring. Then we made lots of calls to the gencon staff wondering where our tables were. We went back and for hours with Gencon and the union workers about what they would and wouldn't do. We wondered around the convention and checked out hasbro booth. You guys are in for a great treat when the pictures are posted!!! Torcher Han, concept yoda, obiwan, girl luke and concept grevious where all there. The alien grevious looked cool as did yoda on his horse. They have a ep2 jedi star fighter with hyperspace boost ring. Lots of great stuff!!! We had lunch down at the Original Pantry.

Finally the union workers got our tables out and setup then up at 6:00PM!!!! They then wanted to place a plastic sheet over the tables which took another half hour. By then we were completely pissed because the convention center made us leave at 8pm. We quickly got the base in place and leveled everything. We got the landscape in place and the wall. We unpacked everything and placed it on the table for setting up tomorrow morning at 8am. The doors to the fan club open at noon.

The nice thing though is that they let us into shop star wars and we each picked up four exclusive r2-d2, c3po concept figures. Anyway, enjoy the pictures below.

Here is a dio I think from Star Tours Kris.

Frank's Endor trees
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 03:27 AM by Ryan »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Pictures - Day 1
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 07:59 AM »
Looks good men. Sorry you guys had such a rough time of it getting the set-up started!  Looking forward to seeing more photos!

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 08:00 AM »
Cool stuff guys! Awesome to see it coming together (even if it's not in person  :P)

Keep 'em coming! I'll post 'em on the ugp web site as soon as I can (I might actually get my car back today, so I may not get home for a while)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 08:55 AM »
Awesome, its looking really really good, Can't wait to see it populated. This turned out just as good if not better than I had hoped ;D You guys are doing great, keep it up, and I might see you guys on TV. :P
Adam

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 09:09 AM »
Guys, I have to say - WOW! :o

Seeing your stuff first hand is truly jaw dropping. There's a lot of amazing work on that table.

Despite the setback, it was great time yesterday, between being there, handling the pieces and getting to work with Paul and Ryan, you couldn't ask for a better way to spend a day. Also, Frank and his crew are just amazingly great people.

I'm really bummed we couldn't finish last night. I was really looking forward to setting up figures. Paul and Ryan get that pleasure today. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 09:12 PM »
Great stuff paul, you all should take a picture with the dio so we can see our crew.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Man I wish I were there. :'( Everything looks so cool.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 09:37 AM »
The Professor over at YakFace found some pics of the UGP online already!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/starwarsblog/page6/

Looks great!

« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 09:38 AM by BrentS »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Pictures - Day 2
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 10:33 AM »
They let us in at 9am when they originally said 8am. That gave us three hours to setup. They let everyone in at noon and we didn't finish setting up figures until 2pm. I've got to thank Darth_Kenobi for helping set up and run the booth for me when Ryan left.  I got interviewed by something called the Gamer Weekend. I don't know what that is but it should be on the web somewhere. We've constantly had a crowd around us. I'm betting we had close to 3000 people come by today to take pictures and video.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 10:38 AM »
AWESOME

That looks freaking Fantasic.  I can't wait to see this tomorrow!!!!!

Offline elmeaux

• Youngling
  • The Dancing Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 10:49 AM »
They let us in at 9am when they originally said 8am. That gave us three hours to setup. They let everyone in at noon and we didn't finish setting up figures until 2pm.

Wow, that had to be frustrating on top of the other delays you experienced.
Still, you guys did a great job setting up!

E>

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 10:51 AM »
As Brent Said AWESOME, it looks beautiful, the diorama really looks like a real city, so many different people, and alien species. Such Diversity is what we expect when you have a city from starwars, and this blends into that niche perfectly. :D THIS IS SOOOO GONNA BE ON G4 TV tonight. :-*

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Wow!  That is just A-Ma-Zing!    :o It's especially neat to see how you've interpreted the roles and functions of the various custom figures people hve sent in -- very creative.  8)

Thank you guys so much for your very hard work in setting this wonderful thing up -- I know it hasn't been easy, between late openings, union workers, and the like. 

Congratulations on a job very well done -- can't wait to see it in person real soon!  :)

... the Findswoman, who will be there Saturday and maybe part of today (Friday), too

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 06:14 PM »
O...M...G...!!!!  I can't describe how it feels seeing this put together!  You guys did a WONDERFUL job putting it together; I love the little vignettes around the city!  I see my bounty hunter Syka Dellik is being interrogated by a group of Imperials while sitting on one of the benches I made!  Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 09:10 PM »
There are no words to describe how wonderful this all is. I truly am speechless.

W :oW, just ...W :oW.

The words excellent work is just too much of an understatement.