Author Topic: The UGP at CIV - The Official Web Coverage and Picture Thread  (Read 19268 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: C4 Pictures - Day 2
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 12:21 AM »
More pictures... because well, everyone loves more pictures.   :)

Ultimate Group Project Image Database

Man, that thing is amazing.  Truly an accomplishment that everyone was able to work together to put something like that together.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 12:28 AM »
 ;D WOW! Guys This Looks AWESOME! My Congrats to all that been involved! 8) 8)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 02:48 AM »
OH. MY. GOD.

You guys would not believe the traffic you guys are getting. I walked in at 4pm for my first shift and was floored to find a swarm of people around the table taking pictures. Seriously, everybody is making comments and saying how impressed they are. On occasion there would be a brief lull, but not for very long. There was a fairly constant flow of people. My mouth kept going dry from talking to everyone. I'm happy to say that it's a huge hit, everyone should be very proud.

And to whomever painted the Cylon, a certain BSG/ST producer got a HUGE kick out of it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 03:48 AM »
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Looks absolutely phenomenal, team!  Bravo to EVERYONE who participated!

And, not to brag, but not one, but TWO of my customs are driving speeders!  And one of 'em is chaeuffering Pimp Daddy Kenobi!!!  :)
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 05:43 AM »
Yeah, Anthony speaks the truth.  I obviously wasn't involved with the UGP at all, but I've stopped by the booth several times over the past couple days since I'm often hanging out with Ryan or Anthony, and each time I've visited, the table's been nearly completely surrounded by by fans and onlookers.  And not just people that walk by and take a passing glance, but folks who really stop and walk around the whole setup very slowly, closely analyzing the detail, and taking pictures.  Kids are obviously digging it as well (though it teases the hell out of them since they want to get in there and play with it all).

Anyway, from an unbiased third party's perspective, I can honestly tell all of you guys that this thing's a big hit, and looks great!  Obviously massive thanks go out to Ryan, Anthony, and especially Paul for putting the whole thing together out here, and keeping an eye on things (Tom too).  Great dedication, and super results.  I have to admit, there were some times several months back, and even up 'til fairly recently, that I had some concerns that things might not work out too well.  But those concerns were completely alleviated when I saw the booth Thursday morning and could tell that you all came through with flying colors.

So kudos to everyone involved, and again, especially Paul for spearheading this monster.  Well done!

- Matt
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 05:45 AM by JediMAC »

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2007, 10:24 AM »
Truly an awesome work & I am so jealous that I couldn't be there in person!!! But I am filled with joy to see this come to such a wonderful fruition ;D

I'm glad that everyone is loving it so much, and the fact that a BSG person saw & dug the cylon is too frackin' cool! :D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2007, 10:55 AM »
The response has been truely fantastic. There were constantly people video taping the entire layout. Lots of large professional cameras filming it every so often too. I've got some great pictures of the Emporer and Mara Jade surveying the dio. Even "George Lucas" came by and checked it out and did his impression of playing god over it. We've got Jedistyle's banner on the table. Lots of people want to know about customizing and how we did this. They had lots of fun finding Lucas, Anthony Daniels and the Cylon. The biggest kick most people got was finding Twiky in the junk yard! I've got to get the actor that played Twiky over to the diorama to see himself. He's signing autographs. I hope this rekick starts our hobby. I've directed them all here to our customizing forums so be on your best behavior and welcome our new guests. ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 11:08 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2007, 09:09 PM »
yea, it really did come out great, especially since they where shorted on set up time. i was there on friday and today and i can say that there was easily douvble the amount of people at the table today. there really wasn't a moment when there wasn't at least 10 people checking it out and taking pics or video, but more often there was about 20 people around it and all of them have nothing but great things to say. during my shift at the table today, myself and ryan where interviewed by spike tv about the project, it's supposed to air sometime in the next week on spiketv.com , thats pretty cool, some really good exposure for the project. so far C4 has ben very cool and the UGP has done great!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2007, 12:27 AM »
Amen my friends.  I can only echo what everyone else has said.  The reception of the UGP has been amazing.  Imagine the entire perimeter completely surrounded by fans.  So many parents and kids were around enjoying the entire display.  I was shocked to see people walking around the whole display with VIDEO cameras.  Awesome stuff!   Everyone who participated should be very proud.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2007, 10:34 AM »
hmmm, Do you think tomorrow you could rearange the outside, have the battle in progress. I mean how cool would this be I think some people would get a kick outta seeing stuff like that. Since monday is the last day and all. :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2007, 03:26 PM »
I'm so glad that this came together so well guys, fantastic work.  I haven't gotten much online time this week and it's great seeing this all together.  I wish I could have been there for the setup, but I was "just a bit" sidetracked this week.   ;)

:P
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 03:27 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Pictures - Day 3&4
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2007, 05:42 PM »
Here are some close up shots of the diorama. Some special guests came by to check it out. Alot of new figures where added on saturday including a ship flying in. The last picture shows the typical amount of people that were surrounding our table. Anthony Daniels checked it out and so did Hasbro. Hasbro was probably looking for new ideas.

ARRRRHHH!!!!

Impressive. Most Impressive.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Pictures - Day 5
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2007, 02:11 AM »
5/28/07 - Some final pictures from today. We raffled off the list to about 300 people at two drawings. People were very excited to get your work. Smartypants even had someone offer to buy one of his figures!!! Anyway, we packed everything for shipping and loaded it in the car in about three hours. We left alot of boxes and the main board for the union workers to clean up.  ;) Here are some pictures from Frank's Endor and some more of us.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2007, 07:47 PM »
Nice Job! I've been out of town, so I'm playing catch up.

Fantastic, I wish I could have been there, thanks for taking care of our baby guys, You did a fantastic job.

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2007, 05:05 AM »
I'm in the midst of thumnailing a bunch of pictures for the JD archive here. Hopefully sometime tomorrow there should be a bunch more shots to add to the Image Database here. :)
"This is the way."