Author Topic: Hasbro at Celebration IV... Wow.  (Read 22395 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro at Celebration IV... Wow.
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2007, 10:51 PM »
And wasn't there supposed to be a McQuarrie Rebel trooper?

I assume you mean a McQuarrie designed RT?  I thought so too, Mike.  But since there's 12 scheduled McQuarrie coming and we've seen all 12, most likely we misinterpreted and what we assumed was a McQuarrie designed figure is actually the McQuarrie figure himself.

Still one wave out there for late '07 (The AOTC Wave) which I believe is where that figure is slotted

That is correct, there is still one rumored wave left for 2007 and that is where the Concept Rebel Trooper is -

Wave 9 - Attack of the Clones
  Clone Trooper
  Padme Amidala (Theed Dinner)
  Jango Fett with Poncho
  Voolvif Monn
  Destroyer Droid with Shield
  Concept Rebel Soldier

We know it is coming because Hasbro has confirmed a few of the figurs via the Q&A sessions (Droideka,  Jango).

Jeff's list from the Obi/Yoda thread:

Guess it needs to be updated now that C-IV has shed some more light...

#1 - Stormtrooper (30AC Wave 1 - RotS)
#2 - Boba Fett (30AC Wave 2 - Yavin)
#3 - Chewbacca (30AC Wave 3 - Tatooine)
#4 - Darth Vader (30AC Wave 4 - Jabba's)
#5 - Starkiller Hero (30AC Wave 5 - EU)
#6 - Snowtrooper (30AC Wave 6 - ESB)
#7 - Han Solo (30AC Wave 7 - Endor)
#8 - "Rebel Trooper" (rumored for 30AC Wave 9 - AotC)
#9 - C-3PO & R2-D2 (Celebration IV Store)
#10 - Luke Skywalker (HasbroToyShop @ C-IV)
#11 - Obi-Wan Kenobi & Yoda 2-Pack (HasbroToyShop @ SDCC07)
#12 - ?

#12 is a toss up - some people say Grievous is #12, some people say Hoth General McQuarrie is #12, some people say it's another exclusive headed our way this summer... only time will tell I guess.  Might be a nice question for someone to toss up at the Q&A tomorrow.  ;)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:03 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2007, 12:18 AM »

I'd like to see Hobbie without his helmet.

I'd like somebody to go break the Dutch Vander mold....sheez.  We can get an all new sculpt for everybody in the comic line except the one that needs it most.  Boggles the mind.

Agreed.  The A-Wing pilot has elbow joints, but the body they're going to use 20 times over the next 10 years doesn't?

New Arms for X-Wing Pilots.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2007, 02:02 AM »
New arms, and new torso.

I cannot stand that height thing and it's much less fixable than the DST's height issue...

I can deal without a waist joint, or ankles...  The arms and height piss me off on that DUtch body though.  Every rebel pilot is 6'5" huh?  Right.  ::)  They should crank out a generic "black lense/blue emblem" pilot from A New Hope so we can have one of the most commonly seen pilots first, and also so they have a nice new SA body they can now start slapping Wedge's head and other pilot heads onto.  I could deal with Biggs and Hobbie as-is though, but they could give us Pops for sure on the new body I think, or the black pilot from ROTJ or the guy with the mustach...  I'd gladly take some EU pilots too or Red 10 with his pretty unique helmet.

It's getting goofy looking...  Puh puh puh puh plllllllleaaaaaase Hasbro, knock that **** off.

The A-Winger though...  that's spicey!  I'd take some variants on that figure if they ever wanted to sell me him again. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2007, 09:09 AM »
I have to say, I'm a little surprised at how much we actually got to see from Hasbro - not that I'm complaining.  It just seems like the past few showings have been stuff we had mostly seen online already, or just one new wave.  They seem to have essentially shown us the rest of the year for their lines - aside from the rumored AOTC Wave in the basic line.  Its kind of nice to know what's on the way though, I just don't remember seeing quite this much in advance before.  Again, not complaining though, everything looks great.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2007, 09:32 AM »
Wow, I'm quite pleased with everything (sigh, expensive).  I'm headed out to LA tonight so I'm definitely looking forward to an up close and personal look at all the figures!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2007, 09:39 AM »
I'm just happy that 70% of what we're seeing is OT. I'm even digging some of the EU OT, like the interceptor and the Barron 2-pack.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2007, 11:30 AM »
Just noticed that JediInsider has some nice coverage up too, with some pics being a little bit closer if anyone is interested.

Holy cow.  You're not kidding.  Those are some nice shots.

Wow.   :o  :o  :o

EVERYTHING shown looks pretty awesome.  There's only a few items I don't want from this mix.  Unfortunately, I'm going to want all of those exclusives - hope they end up selling outside of the conventions.  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2007, 12:15 PM »
...Unfortunately, I'm going to want all of those exclusives - hope they end up selling outside of the conventions.  :-\

They will.

The more I keep thinking about this, the more I beleive these will be readily available after the con. Think about it, we've heard time and again that 50,000 of a figure is a starting point for Hasbro for new figures. There is expected to be  60,000 fans there. Not everyone is going to buy one. Sure some will buy their full alottment but not all of them either. Okay so the vendors will buy their allotment too. Still, I just don't see 50,000 CIV droids or Luke selling at the con. And if 50K is just a starting point, don't you think Hasbro probably made more than this? I may be giving them too  much credit but they should know by now that exclusives sell well regardless. So I'm thinking they made much more than 50K of these figs. How much more, who's to say. But 75K yes, 100K maybe. These should become plentiful after the con.

I wouldn't get too excited about having to bid high on eBay just yet. I have that feeling that these figs may become like the Vader of CIII. I could be wrong too though, so take this info with a grain of salt.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2007, 01:59 PM »

They will.

The more I keep thinking about this, the more I beleive these will be readily available after the con. Think about it, we've heard time and again that 50,000 of a figure is a starting point for Hasbro for new figures. There is expected to be  60,000 fans there. Not everyone is going to buy one. Sure some will buy their full alottment but not all of them either. Okay so the vendors will buy their allotment too. Still, I just don't see 50,000 CIV droids or Luke selling at the con. And if 50K is just a starting point, don't you think Hasbro probably made more than this? I may be giving them too  much credit but they should know by now that exclusives sell well regardless. So I'm thinking they made much more than 50K of these figs. How much more, who's to say. But 75K yes, 100K maybe. These should become plentiful after the con.

I wouldn't get too excited about having to bid high on eBay just yet. I have that feeling that these figs may become like the Vader of CIII. I could be wrong too though, so take this info with a grain of salt.

I think you are right and they will be available.  However - is 50,000 the starting point for a $7 action figure.  What about a $20 action figure.  The could sell far less and still make plenty of money.   I still think they will be available, for example, you can still get a Comic Con 501st Storm Trooper on HasbroShop.com.

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2007, 04:23 PM »
But again, 501st Trooper or the exclusive Vader have no where near the demand of the concept figures.  I would say NO previous exclusive has.  I really don't believe you can look at their performance as a valid comparison.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2007, 04:23 PM »
Y'know, these "new" excluisves could be a god thing in the long run.   In the Wilrow Hood thread, Hasbro says that they chose him over another much requested figure.  My guess is that they're talking about Yarna.  However, if the convention companies make good money on these new sculpts, maybe we'll get some real oddball figures.  Maybe a Yarna/Hoover 2 pack!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2007, 06:06 PM »
Good for you guys, be excited for WIllrow. I will shed my tears that another much requested figure has been passed over. I am sure they meant Yarna  :'(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007, 07:14 PM »
I thought the exact thing evenflow, that it was Yarna who got the boot on that.  Weird though that one guy tells us a Battlepack and another's told CUrto basic figure.  We'll have to see what the scoop is.  Perhaps a variant ICMG in lounge clothing in the battlepack? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2007, 07:18 PM »
I'd like to see Willrow carded with a special dedication to our pal Scott!  :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007, 07:21 PM »
I think it'll be a travesty if Scott isn't mentioned in some form or another.  He's been the one that pushed for the figure.  Personally I'm all about buying him because I think humans get screwed from scenes like Jabba's Palace or the Cantina, and even worse is Bespin where it's basically all humans and the main guys.  I'm kind of excited at the prospect of something for Bespin that isn't a hero, villain, or a guard/trooper of some sort.