Author Topic: 30AC Wave 7 - Battle of Endor  (Read 42284 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: 30AC Wave 7 - Battle of Endor
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2007, 08:51 PM »
The Anakin is the turd in the punch bowl of this wave:
- No Sebastian Shaw alternate head
- The material used for the robe is way too stiff and isn't frayed at all along the edges like in the initial pics of this wave.

But it shouldn't be frayed anyway, should it? I mean, I wouldn't think clothes in the afterlife would wear out. ???
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2007, 09:06 AM »
Got to open the rest of the non-Mc figures from this wave last night. Great wave overall.

Spirt Anakin - this is going to sound weird, but he smelled exactly like I imagined. For some reason I expected the robe material to have a certain glue/glitter odor and I was right. Very faint. As for the rest, this figure bums me out because it's literally at the bottom of my list of figures I would ever want made, yet it's one of the most beautifully done.

Ewoks - both of these guys are just cool. I'm very happy with them.

A-Wing Pilot - another contender for figure of the year. Truly outstanding.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2007, 09:45 AM »
I'm lovin the Ewoks.  Bring me more!  Still my favorite out of this wave.  Spirit Anakin kind of freaked me out...the awkward look on his face, odd skin tone, strange robes.  Looks very weird to me, but I love the cardback so that evens it out for me. 

This really should have been a no brainer for Hasbro to include an alternate head and I'm sure the idea was tossed around in planning, but it's just another repack with new head that we'll need to buy in a few more years.  Yet another reason why I'm rethinking my collecting habits...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2007, 09:26 AM »

This really should have been a no brainer for Hasbro to include an alternate head and I'm sure the idea was tossed around in planning, but it's just another repack with new head that we'll need to buy in a few more years. 

After having the figure, I would agree. However, which coin would it be? Double sided?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2007, 03:16 PM »

This really should have been a no brainer for Hasbro to include an alternate head and I'm sure the idea was tossed around in planning, but it's just another repack with new head that we'll need to buy in a few more years. 

After having the figure, I would agree. However, which coin would it be? Double sided?

How about a Sebastian Shaw chase coin  :o

Packed 1 in 10  ;D

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2007, 04:08 PM »
How about a Sebastian Shaw chase coin  :o

Packed 1 in 10  ;D

Ultra UGH?  :-\

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2007, 11:56 PM »
I just picked up this wave, well what I want from it at least, and just opened up the Ewoks set. As has been mentioned these are two nicely detailed teddy bears and with a repainting can fill your Ewok army just right. One thing that struck me as interesting was that Hasbro attempted to mimic the cardback art - and no doubt movie stills as well - when it comes to the paint application on the eyes. The cardback art shows a glare on each eyeball giving the impression that the Ewoks have two pupils per eye. Well they did that for the eyes of each figure and while a nice attempt it actually comes up kinda creepy. At first I thought this was a mistake on one figure, but both figures have it and in fact both figures in my extra set have it as well. Has anyone else noticed this? I think I might have nightmares this evening after looking at these two.  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2007, 08:56 AM »
I saw remnats of this wave at WM today - Tycho, R2, Anakin I should say.  I would have bought the ewoks or McQ's but they were gone. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2007, 09:05 AM »
Picked up an opener McSolo yesterday and opened it. Decently made. Again, I dig the fact that quality articulation is put into all these figures.

Also picked up a few more A-wing pilots. A couple more and I can write off wave 7.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 09:05 AM by Darth_Anton »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2007, 11:34 PM »
I got my shipping notice from NFC.  I should finally have these wave very soon.  Most looking forward to the Ewoks.

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2007, 07:08 AM »
i think those have just arrived in germany now, so i just ordered the ewoks, i love them, anakin looks good, too
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2007, 11:55 AM »
I managed to get the Ewoks, R2, the A-Wing pilot and McQuarrie Han Solo.  I'm really looking forward to opening these up.  Especially the A-Wing pilot.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 1, 2007, 12:36 AM »
This wave reminds of all the great value Hasbro has offered in TAC.  In this wave alone, R2 has a nicely sculpted "gurney" and a huge net that must have been a pain in the @ss to sculpt, a gorgeous 2-pack of ewoks, and a pilot with a helmet and a headpiece.  The one A-Wing pilot I managed to find is already sitting in my rebel meeting diorama (when I get more I'll take a pic).
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 2, 2007, 07:32 PM »
I picked up the new Anakin Skywalker Jedi Spirit (in the form of Hayden Christensen) today at Walmart

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #149 on: December 7, 2007, 05:18 PM »
The wave is in stock over at HTS. I just picked up the Mcquarrie Han and ewoks.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"