Author Topic: 30AC Wave 7 - Battle of Endor  (Read 42269 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 7 - Battle of Endor
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2007, 09:25 AM »
Go Romba! I'm glad that's official. Also digging the A-Wing pilot more and more every time I see it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2007, 09:16 PM »
I agree, the Ewoks might be the highlight...  Tough call between the Tycho figure and them.  The fact they have individual arrows though, a working quiver...  I think the arrows even fit in the bow.  That's sweet stuff for Ewoks.  Bring on resculpts of all the previous figures save for Chirpa if they're this high quality.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2007, 11:09 PM »
Bring on resculpts of all the previous figures save for Chirpa if they're this high quality.

I thought the POTJ Teebo was pretty good. But I do agree that some of the more aged figures- Wicket, Logray, and the rest of the Vintage Woks deserve a resculpt.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2007, 01:02 AM »
I'd take a new Teebo only because, now, he's pretty oversized really...  Kind of a bummer though because I agree, he's nice in general, but he's definitely towering over the likes of Chief Chirpa...  I mean, he's almost a Wookiee by comparison, haha. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2007, 09:10 AM »
Isn't Teebo suposed to be taller?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2007, 01:27 PM »
Pretty much.  He definitely stands out from the other Ewoks in his scenes.  But I think re-working Teebo would be an exercise in misplaced priorites.  We still need more Ewoks that were in the vintage line, like Lumat and Warok.  Wicket could use a serious upgrade considering the importance of his role in ROTJ and that we're still dealing with a POTF2 era sculpt.  And I think we'd all like to see more Ewoks in general before revisiting a figure that was released within the past 5 years.

The Ewoks in this set are nice.  Especially since we're getting a never-before-produced Ewok in Graak.

Tycho still remains my personal favorite in the wave.  I had always felt as though the A-Wing pilots should be better represented.  Especially since the POTF2 A-Wing Pilot is just awful, and the Arvel Crynyd we got with the SAGA A-Wing was just a repaint from the POTF2 Rebel Pilots Cinema Scene.  So seeing Tycho with the two helmets and removable web gear and superior articulation is very welcome in my book.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2007, 12:24 AM »
Wow, that carded pic of the A-Wing pilot clinched it for me; he looks great!  And the concept Han is making me regret skipping the McQuarrie figures so far...
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2007, 10:51 AM »
A-Wing Pilot: PASS! Not interested at all.

R2-D2: PASS! I would buy it if it weren't for them repacking the R2-D2 with the chrome dome, which isn't accurate.

Obi-Han Kenolo: Still my favorite from the wave and my favorite concept figure of the year, next to Snowtrooper. Awesome.

Ewoks: They're growing on me. May just be the first Ewoks I ever bother to buy.

Spirit Anakin: This just might be the worst brand new figure of the year. Everything about it is terrible. Easy PASS.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2007, 09:02 AM »
Wow, the onslaught continues.  I just got noticed that my Wave 7 set is in my "pile of loot" and ready to ship from BBTS.  I guess I didn't expect it quite so soon.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2007, 09:20 AM »
my Wave 7 set is in my "pile of loot" and ready to ship from BBTS.

:o

I would guess that EE and NewForce won't be far behind then... crazy!  Many folks around here haven't seen Wave 5 still and wave 7 could be just around the corner. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2007, 09:23 AM »
I have the last two waves of the year on preorder there as well, and I'm almost thinking about cancelling those.  The wife isn't exactly crazy having all this stuff on the credit card each month, especially with Christmas shopping starting up now :).  Its nice to not have as much to worry about finding at retail, but the big "bulk" charges kind of sting sometime (plus the shipping/etc.)  Then again, I still haven't seen wave 5 or 6 (aside from one 4-LOM) at retail yet, so I'm glad I had them on order.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2007, 02:05 PM »
Anybody actually have W7 in hand yet?  I see that W5 is just showing up at Targets on the West coast, so hoping we see a few solid weeks of W5 cases before W7 starts showing up at retial.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2007, 04:33 PM »
Only 8 weeks left to crank through the remaining waves, so they can't be far away :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2007, 08:33 PM »

I would guess that EE and NewForce won't be far behind then... crazy!  Many folks around here haven't seen Wave 5 still and wave 7 could be just around the corner. 

I haven't seen waves 4, 5, or 6 at retail. At this rate, Wave 7 should be in my area this time next year.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2007, 09:04 AM »

I haven't seen waves 4, 5, or 6 at retail. At this rate, Wave 7 should be in my area this time next year.

Holy **** i live in Canada and even I have seen waves 4 and 5. Thats messed up man. Thats just messed up. Then again so far each of the WM in my area have only gotten one box of wave 5 :-X
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: