Author Topic: 30AC Wave 7 - Battle of Endor  (Read 42253 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
30AC Wave 7 - Battle of Endor
« on: May 24, 2007, 01:53 PM »
No thread for this one yet?  Hmmm...

From the front page:

"Wave 7 also makes an appearance and Endor fanatics should love this. A new A-Wing Pilot (Tycho Celchu) w/removable helmet, an Ewok 2-pack (a dark grey-black Ewok and a lighter brown Ewok, both warriors in the new smaller sculpting style), R2-D2 (Endor Feast) with a net and spit for your new Ewoks to carry him on, Spirit of Anakin Skywalker (with Hayden Christansen's likeness), and Conceptual Art Han Solo (with removable headgear)!"

Endor Feast R2 with net and spit = cool beans.  Great piece to complement the Endor 3PO from last year.   :)

Man, I hope one of those Ewoks is Wompus!   :D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 01:54 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: 30AC Wave 7 - Battle of Endor
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 01:57 PM »
Congrats to JD for getting in with a big scoop before C4 even opens. My hope is that the R2 is made of the R4-G9 mold and is a clean figure with no unnecessary deco so he won't look awkward in other displays.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 02:00 PM »
My hope is that the R2 is made of the R4-G9 mold

Unfortunately, the figure they have on display sure looks like the VOTC sculpt (judging by that removable panel once again).  Also looks like some leafy green paint ops on the feet.   :-\
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 02:01 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:13 PM »
I'm a little disappointed with the figure, love the accessories though...  I really dislike that VOTC sculpt and the removable leg and all.  Wish Hasbro would just give that one up already for the clearly superior Preview Droid's sculpt...  Still though, that neg and spit rock.

I love the Ewoks too...  Great weapons and sculpting/paint aps.  Nice to get two warriors that are fairly non-descript.  Anyone know who the two are?  I'm not good at remembering Ewok names.  They all look alike to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 02:17 PM »
I'm a little disappointed with the figure, love the accessories though...  I really dislike that VOTC sculpt and the removable leg and all.  Wish Hasbro would just give that one up already for the clearly superior Preview Droid's sculpt...  Still though, that neg and spit rock.

I love the Ewoks too...  Great weapons and sculpting/paint aps.  Nice to get two warriors that are fairly non-descript.  Anyone know who the two are?  I'm not good at remembering Ewok names.  They all look alike to me.

The brown one looks like Romba the gray one resembles Warok

As for the others in this wave that A-Wing Pilot headgear looks like ****, can we get alternate heads already and forego what look like pizza dough on his head.  ::)

I'm not sure about that sheer robe Manakin is wearing  :-\
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 02:23 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 02:26 PM »

I believe we dubbed Wompus the green one in the front.  I'd go with Warok and Romba as well (but it could be Lumat)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 02:37 PM »
Count me in as someone who's happy to see some more Ewoks.  Actually I wouldn't mind seeing all-new resculpts of Wicket and Logray eventually too, even though I know not everyone is crazy about the woks.  I was looking through the pics at RS, and looking at the pic from behind the figures, it seems like these two ewoks have knee (or ankle, depending how you look at it) articulation.  That's pretty spiffy.  The whole wave looks pretty nice, as does pretty much everything this year.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 02:39 PM »
I'd go with Warok and Romba as well (but it could be Lumat)

I concur - neither of those Ewoks shown at C-IV look like Wompus (no green hood, no "rock-on-stick" weapon).  The Quest for Wompus continues I guess.

Still though, very cool to get two new Ewoks.  :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 02:46 PM »
Very happy with the ewoks, wish we could have got a wokkling.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 02:52 PM »
I was thinking about the A-Winger and his two helmets a moment...

I think if you look closely at the helmet tucked under his arm, that's actually his helmet as most recognize it from the movies...  I think that towel on his head is actually to give the look of an under-covering seen on some of them standing around in the briefing.  That helmet under his arm though is, at least I'm thinking, the "film helmet"...  I'm guessing it's based on someone other than Tycho Celchu's helmet though, as neither helmet looks like the A-Winger's helmet that hits the Executor's bridge.  The one under the arm almost resembles the B-WIng helmet more...  It's a little confusing.

I still like the figure though, just don't know where Hasbro was going with all that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 03:02 PM »
As long as it's removable, and since he has another helmet I'm assuming it is, it doesn't bother me one bit - I think it's cool that they threw it in.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 03:08 PM »
Man, I hope one of those Ewoks is Wompus!   :D

I hate you >:(

I love the Ewoks too...   

I hate you too...

Count me in as someone who's happy to see some more Ewoks.  Actually I wouldn't mind seeing all-new resculpts of Wicket and Logray eventually too, even though I know not everyone is crazy about the woks. 

I hate you.

Still though, very cool to get two new Ewoks.  :)

Still hating on you >:( >:(

Very happy with the ewoks, wish we could have got a wokkling.

I hate you.

You people all clearly suck.  And you all deserved Jar-Jar.  I hate you.  Oh, and pre-emptively, I hate Brad too. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 03:09 PM »
Good Lord, that Spirit of Anakin sucks.  Nevermind the Hayden head.  It's really not that bad by itself, I guess, but it's so different from the 2004 OTC Spirit Ben that they're not gonna look good together.  So I guess a new Spirit Ben to match this Anakin will go on the ol' top ten list most-wanted list for next year. . .   >:(

My hope is that the R2 is made of the R4-G9 mold

Unfortunately, the figure they have on display sure looks like the VOTC sculpt (judging by that removable panel once again).  Also looks like some leafy green paint ops on the feet.   :-\

Better to have a goofy-ass paint job on the inferior VOTC sculpt than on the superior R4-G9 one.  To get another Artoo with the new sculpt, but with another silly paint job--how infuriating would that be?  I just want an R4-G9 Artoo, with a plain, non-scene-specific paint job, that's all.  At this point, I've nearly resigned myself to the fact that it's never gonna happen.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 03:12 PM »
i'm loving those ewoks, i'll buy them, but the rest of this wave not :-\
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 03:13 PM »
You're showing your age Brent - those of us who were under the age of 12 in 1983 love Ewoks.  I hope they make them all!  And as they make more and more Ewoks, I hope they re-paint the Ewok Village and throw a few new pieces in.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 03:14 PM by Rob »