Author Topic: Sideshow 12" ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi  (Read 18808 times)

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
Re: 12" Sideshow ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi
« Reply #15 on: June 7, 2007, 02:02 PM »
Okay, it was my turn to have a hard time. I tried for 40 min. to get connected, but to no avail. each time I tried ended up in a failure to connect message. I tried on the phone too but I kept on getting disconnect. All the while my buddy was E-mailing me "Did you get it? Did you get it?". Finally I said "You try." He responded in like 50 seconds that he got it! I sent him my account info, and he got in again and was able to use my rewards as well. I'm trying for 40 and don't even connect and he orders 2 in 3 minutes!

I got my order confirmation e-mail soon after.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 7, 2007, 02:44 PM »
Incredible as it sounds-I just got to work, tried the number and GOT THROUGH!!  Crap, it took the girl less than 15 seconds to place my order.  I just gave her my name, verified my address and my order number starts with a P.

Keep trying!! (and good luck!!)

Sweet!  I emailed customer service and they suggested calling the store.  I emailed back that all I'd been doing for the past 30 minutes WAS calling the store line and getting busy signals.   I has JUST gotten a response from them to call another number when I got through on the phone.   I gave them my email address, name and phone number and they told me I'd get an email by the end of the day with my order number.

Yay!
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline thelaw

• Youngling
  • The Emperor's arrival is taking over my house!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 7, 2007, 03:42 PM »
You're welcome, DG.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 8, 2007, 09:22 AM »
I'm a little worried that I still haven't gotten an order confirmation for my phone order....
 :-\

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #19 on: June 8, 2007, 10:53 AM »
I'm tempted to pick up this Obi-Wan... it's freaking beautiful. Is there any major difference between Sideshow Exclusives and the regular releases?

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 8, 2007, 11:24 AM »
I'm tempted to pick up this Obi-Wan... it's freaking beautiful. Is there any major difference between Sideshow Exclusives and the regular releases?

Generally just an accessory... not sure what it is with Ben- he's got a training remote and a holographic Leia.  I'd guess the Leia is the exclusive but...

Oboewan

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 8, 2007, 11:28 AM »
There is no difference between the Sideshow Exclusive figures and the regular editions. The Exclusives usually come with a unique accessory, in the case of Ep IV Obi-Wan, a small holographic Leia statue. The packaging also comes with a gold sticker distinguishing it.

In my opinion, for the most part the exclusive accessories add little to the overall enjoyment of the figures (Bibs special staff? Jabbas glass? Crumbs dragonfly?). Of course there are exceptions, I like to display my Darth Maul with his broken saber halves, and the upcoming Asajj Ventress with the extra head will be like owning two unique figures.

I look forward to the little Holo-Leia, it should pair up nicely with the 1/6 R2 I have.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 8, 2007, 12:20 PM »
I'm a little worried that I still haven't gotten an order confirmation for my phone order....
 :-\

Finally got my confirmation for the Exclusive version!
Yay!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #23 on: June 8, 2007, 01:00 PM »
I had to check my account this morning because I made a phone order yesterday but will not be able to check my home e-mail until Sunday.  I have one of the exclusive versions on order and will have to display that small holo leia with one of my 1/6 scale R2's!  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 03:36 PM »
I was browsing around Sideshow's website, and it looks like the 12" Obi-Wan is estimated to ship in late December, as opposed to the more generic 4th Quarter 2007 that was originally posted.

Think he'll arrive before Christmas?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Sideshow 12" ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi
« Reply #25 on: December 4, 2007, 08:53 PM »
I just got my 15 day e-mail so its possible.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 4, 2007, 09:49 PM »
Yes, I got mine too. It's certainly possible that we could get these by Christmas, but I'm not going to be surprised at all if we don't. The reason I say this is because it's exactly 15 business days until Christmas. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I have all my Sideshow stuff shipped through UPS. I think they deliver on Saturday's during the Christmas season, but it's still going to be pushing it.

If I get him, awesome present. If not, what a way to bring in the new year!  :D
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 4, 2007, 10:57 PM »

Just got mine as well.  This is NOT a good month for the CC... even BEFORE holiday shopping.   3 12" figures in a month?   Not that I mind but it would have been nice to get a slight heads up for financial planning-"Oh.. by the way, late November/December we'll be charging your CC $190.. have a nice day".   It's not like the pre-orders were a few weeks apart like this.

Oh well... more to be happy about.. and more to be depressed about  >:(

Here's hoping my Channuka gelt gets here pronto!

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 5, 2007, 07:17 AM »

Just got mine as well.  This is NOT a good month for the CC... even BEFORE holiday shopping.   3 12" figures in a month?   Not that I mind but it would have been nice to get a slight heads up for financial planning-"Oh.. by the way, late November/December we'll be charging your CC $190.. have a nice day".   It's not like the pre-orders were a few weeks apart like this.

I know what you mean, in addition to these three figures, on Monday I received cases of the Battlefront 2 figures, wave 7 and wave 7.5 from Newforce Comics.  I'm just glad my credit card closes on Thursday before Master Replicas can sneak in any of their preorders.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 5, 2007, 10:40 AM »

I know what you mean, in addition to these three figures, on Monday I received cases of the Battlefront 2 figures, wave 7 and wave 7.5 from Newforce Comics.  I'm just glad my credit card closes on Thursday before Master Replicas can sneak in any of their preorders.

I'm definitely digging a hole for myself, I barely got Bespin Luke and ANH Leia on the shelf, Jango's due any day now, I gave in and ordered that RAH Stormie at SWS during black Friday and that just came in, now Ben. Thankfully I get him a little cheaper because of the rewards points I used.