Author Topic: EE "Elite Forces of the Republic" 14-Figure Set  (Read 133515 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: EE Mandalorian 14 Pack
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 09:30 PM »
Well i got my answer...

Retail pre-orders begin Tuesday, May 29 at 12:00 PM Pacific time

I think the first figure shown looks great.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 09:51 PM »
14?  14!?  How did they arrive at that number?  This sound interesting, but 14 figures from essentially the same mold seems to be alot.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 09:53 PM »
 :o
Finally some mandos!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 10:28 PM »
For $67 this is a steal. 

Agreed.  I had to double-check that number when I saw it.   :o

$67 for 14 figures is amazing.  That's less than $5 per figure, which is a great deal for an exclusive in this day and age. :)

A question for Adam in case he stops by again - will there be "bulk-purchase" options for this one too?  Like the "by-the-case" options that EE had for the Clones and Droids? (always looking to save some bucks ;))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 10:39 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 10:33 PM »
If this turns out to be true, I'm all over it.   :o

"If"? 

*looks at description*

"Adam"?  Hey, that's *my* name!

This looks like a very interesting set, here's my big question though for you Adam hopefully you can answer this. Being that you've been known to push for the more old-school toon/comic characters of the 80's, is it possible that Fenn Shysa is part of this set? That would be beyond cool!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 10:42 PM »
Neat exclusive, didn't see this one coming. Hopefully there'll be some KOTOR era Mandos included, maybe Canderous.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2007, 11:03 PM »
14?  14!?  How did they arrive at that number?  This sound interesting, but 14 figures from essentially the same mold seems to be alot.

What makes you think they're all going to use the same molds?   :)   Or for that matter, all Mandalorians?   While we love sets that work on a theme, sometimes variety is good too.

A question for Adam in case he stops by again - will there be "bulk-purchase" options for this one too?  Like the "by-the-case" options that EE had for the Clones and Droids? (always looking to save some bucks ;))

Always in motion is the future, but we priced these to be the best possible deal we could-- especially compared to other exclusives on the market over the past few years.   But for the sake of customizers/troop builders/compulsive hoarders/collector groups, anything is possible.  Just keep writing in and asking, you never know what might happen.   I'm always watching boards for fan requests like this-- if there's something Entertainment Earth can do for you, hey, ask.   The more people that clamor for it, the better.

This looks like a very interesting set, here's my big question though for you Adam hopefully you can answer this. Being that you've been known to push for the more old-school toon/comic characters of the 80's, is it possible that Fenn Shysa is part of this set? That would be beyond cool!

At this time, additional details surrounding the set are being kept under wraps for Comic-Con 2007.  But hints unrelated to your question, I can do-- the stories behind these action figures are set against the backdrop of the Clone Wars.    There are figures in this package which some fans will recognize.  There are also figures in this set fans will not recognize.

I think/hope customizers will dig it-- there should be plenty of parts to inspire new creations.

Neat exclusive, didn't see this one coming. Hopefully there'll be some KOTOR era Mandos included, maybe Canderous.

KOTOR?  *spit*  No.

As corporate law requires it, I'll be doing a special episode of the Entertainment Earth Podcast on Tuesday about just this item.   So for all 37 listeners of the show, you're in for a treat.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2007, 11:10 PM »
Just keep writing in and asking, you never know what might happen.   I'm always watching boards for fan requests like this-- if there's something Entertainment Earth can do for you, hey, ask.   The more people that clamor for it, the better.

Well, there is group of about 10-15 of us here in MN that bought those EE Clones and Astromechs by the caseload, so if you can swing a nice "buy a case of 4/6/whatever and you save a few bucks" deal, we love that.  :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:11 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 11:38 PM »
sign me up  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2007, 01:46 AM »
Just keep writing in and asking, you never know what might happen.   I'm always watching boards for fan requests like this-- if there's something Entertainment Earth can do for you, hey, ask.   The more people that clamor for it, the better.

Well, there is group of about 10-15 of us here in MN that bought those EE Clones and Astromechs by the caseload, so if you can swing a nice "buy a case of 4/6/whatever and you save a few bucks" deal, we love that.  :)

Adam, I would add that our Pittsburgh group, which was about similar in number, bought the Clones and distributed them like little bricks of cocaine out the trunk of the guy that ordered them's car in a dark parking lot one night...  We were slightly more reserved then when we did the same thing with the Astromech sets from last year.

It was a lot easier doing that bulk purchase, and I think it enticed sales to guys that otherwise would've likely passed on those due to price or whatnot.  Just my $.02 on that and backing up the thing Jeff's MN group did since we did it too.

Also wanted to add that, the price is outstanding...  I was rushing the math through my head on that one and you cannot beat that with a stick I think.  I was a little miffed at individual prices on those Clone sets back in the day but this is chiming in right where anyone and everyone should enjoy the price if they enjoy the product.  My curiosity is at the very least piqued, and that first figure EE showed is really just a great looking figure.  Showed it to my gf's youngest and he wants a set too already just for that guy, so chalk me up for two sets I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2007, 09:18 AM »
I'm kind of scared. A 14 pack of EU figures? Completism...fading...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2007, 01:46 PM »
$5 a piece though?  And you gotta admit, that first figure's design ain't too bad Anthony...  That price is right thought...  Even Bob Barker thinks so.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2007, 03:16 PM »
Awesome, I will pick this set up if the rest of the figs are as good as this one!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2007, 10:44 PM »
Ok Adam if you make it back in and can share it...how many of the 14 figures have 14 points of Articulation?

Also, and this will show my age, what is a pod cast?  I'd love to listen/watch, and only this weekend realized how ubiquitous those things are....

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2007, 04:21 AM »
Ok Adam if you make it back in and can share it...how many of the 14 figures have 14 points of Articulation?

More than half.  Well, in theory anyway-- I haven't got to play with these so I don't know if a cape might hinder movement or something just yet.

Although I think some of the ones with fewer points of articulation are going to make some fans do cartwheels and be a bigger incentive to get the sets than the super-articulated figures, depending on what turns one's crank as a SW fan.  Of course I'm a bit of a sucker for action figures and I can't pass on anything, but still, this looks like it should be a fun set.  Holsters, helmets, guns, backpacks... the bang-for-the-buck should definitely be there.

(And to dispell another rumor, no, there's no Wookiees in the set.   I'm not sure how that one got started.   Is there a Mandalorian Wookiee in the EU that I missed or something?  Not that it wouldn't be cool, mind you, I got a Snoova as a permanent fixture on my desk and the idea sounds cool enough.)

Also, and this will show my age, what is a pod cast?  I'd love to listen/watch, and only this weekend realized how ubiquitous those things are....

"On demand Internet programming" is a simple way to put it, but when in doubt for a good definition, I always say look at Wikipedia-- it explains things like this rather well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcasting

In the case of the one I do for Entertainment Earth, it's just the one I did at 16bit.com rebranded and slightly repurposed.  Meaning it's me, in my living room, with a crappy microphone talking about stuff-- audio only.   I've been told I've got a voice for movies, specifically the silent era, so it's totally worth checking out.   (It's basically just an MP3 of toy news, usually whatever caught my eye for the week.  Meaning it's almost always Hasbro SW/TF/Joe stuff as that's what I dig.)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News