Author Topic: EE "Elite Forces of the Republic" 14-Figure Set  (Read 133528 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: EE Mandalorian 14 Pack
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2007, 12:37 PM »
Questions for Adam:

Is this truly 14 figs for $69 and change or is it two sets of 7 figures for $69+?

Will there be a female Mandos? (I understand if you can't answer this or any of the others, but I hope so. Some of those conept female Mandos look awesome.)

Will Boba and Jango be two of the figures in the sets?

If yes on Jango, will he be one fo the 14 point figures?

Are any of the following in the sets:
Montross
Jodo Kast
Jaster Mereel

If so which ones?

Really for now the most important question for me is the difference in price. One set of 14 (in two packages of 7) or two sets each at $69+.

Thanks to any questions you can answer now, and when the time is right answer later.

Oh and Jesse, I'm totally down for ordering these bulk with the Pittsburgh group.
-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2007, 03:24 PM »
Let the non-answers begin!

Is this truly 14 figs for $69 and change or is it two sets of 7 figures for $69+?

Two packs of 7.   When the item goes up for preorders on Tuesday at Noon (I AM THE PLUG KING) it will only be as a the full set at the special price of $66.99.   We will not be selling them individually or by the case on Tuesday at Noon, only as the "14 pack."

Will there be a female Mandos? (I understand if you can't answer this or any of the others, but I hope so. Some of those conept female Mandos look awesome.)

Will Boba and Jango be two of the figures in the sets?

If yes on Jango, will he be one fo the 14 point figures?

Are any of the following in the sets:
Montross
Jodo Kast
Jaster Mereel

If so which ones?

The rest of the characters will be revealed at Comic-Con, but I'll go ahead and throw you a bone-- no Jodo.  Llats Ward looks a lot like Jodo, but he ain't Jodo, and Jodo won't be in this set.  The characters in this set, by and large, look quite different from one another-- with a couple of exceptions.  There isn't another greenish Mandalorian in the set, take that as you will.

I'd keep going but well, it is being marketed as a bit of a mystery set.  (And don't forget EE lets you cancel any pre-order with no penalty if you order it on Tuesday and decide after the announcement that you don't much care for it.  Risk-free, yay.)  That's good enough for now, I think, so there ya go!
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2007, 11:37 AM »
Not sure if you can answer this, but why not include Jodo Kast? I was very much hoping for him when this was announced.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Probably because Hasbro has plans for him somewhere else.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2007, 11:51 AM »
Maybe a Twin Engines of Destruction Comic Pack?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Showing my EU uber geek side here... If I recall correctly, Jodo wasn't a Mandalorian.  He just wore the armor. He was also an alias for Thrawn when he dressed up as a Mando. (That wouldn't stop me from buying him though)

I'd love to see these on the list:
Montross
Jaster Mereel
Kal Skirata
Whalen Vau
Mandalore
Thrawn as Jodo Kast would be incredible!
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Not sure if you can answer this, but why not include Jodo Kast? I was very much hoping for him when this was announced.

Adam did say it was based on Clone Wars, which has to be why.  I doubt there'd be a Boba based on that statement as well.  Looking at the profiles it looks like 5 of them have missle backpacks, and 4 of them have kamas.  one of the profiles at the bottom middle look like the Alpha 17 that came with the comic pack.  Another one of them also look like a Parjai trooper, middle row left,  for some reason plus the fig seems to be holding a clone rifle.  It does say they're Mando's and since clones are technically Mando I wouldn't be suprised to see clones in this set.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2007, 01:00 PM »
To further fuel the debate.....remember when the Crimson Empire set came out...the shadow was Cantina Han Solo...so they may have intentional red herrings in the ad....which I think is clever, as long as the herrings are Super Articulated.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2007, 01:37 PM »
I think Adam mentioned that the balcked out pictures where just random, so wouldnt base who is the set on those.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2007, 02:26 PM »
Jeez, find another hobby where collectors will drop $70 on a something they don't even know what they're getting!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2007, 02:28 PM »
Jeez, find another hobby where collectors will drop $70 on a something they don't even know what they're getting!

Question:  Is "patronizing prostitutes" considered a hobby?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2007, 02:33 PM »

Answer: Yes.  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2007, 02:35 PM »

Found one.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2007, 02:41 PM »
That's a pass time, not a hobby...  That's what the pimps tell me anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2007, 03:24 PM »

Answer: Yes.  ;D

No that's a reminder to wash your hands if/when we meet.  :P
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge