Author Topic: EE "Elite Forces of the Republic" 14-Figure Set  (Read 133794 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: EE Mandalorian 14 Pack
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2007, 04:26 PM »
I wonder if its 2 Clones or just 1 included.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2007, 04:34 PM »
I'm guessing two, but they're sorta neat I guess.  Different...  Not the best figure(s) in the set though, as that other guy's clearly better as figures go, but not bad I guess.  I just hope for a little more interesting characters than clone repaints for the rest of the gang I think, but these two aren't bad and I love the skull markings.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2007, 04:38 PM »

From the text...

"This set includes 2 Clone Troopers, each of which has a blaster, a removable antenna for their armor, and 14 points of articulation. Exclusively designed for Entertainment Earth, these troopers were decorated with elements originally designed during the initial conceptualization of Boba Fett, such as the famous skull design and the mysterious "jaig eyes" on their helmets."

As for this reveal... meh.

first figure = great
next two figures = more #41 repaints ::)

11 more to go...   
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2007, 05:11 PM »
Mando Warriors, Clones, I am all over this set.  I hope that some of the figures are from my much beloved Republic Commando novels. 

Plenty of cool Mando warriors, and Clones to pull from.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2007, 05:30 PM »
groan Maybe if they included soft goods ponchos with these (a la TSC Tatooine Luke or POTJ Qui-Gon) it be a little cooler but basic #41 Clone repaints isn't what I was looking forward to.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2007, 05:40 PM »
 ::)

There had better be something other than yet more Phase II Clones included for me to consider ordering this pack.

After the Death Star Briefing, I had rather high hopes for this set. However, now, I am dubious. What do the clones have to do with any of it anyway? The Mandos and the Republican Military weren't exactely buddy-buddy.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2007, 06:00 PM »
As for this reveal... meh.

first figure = great
next two figures = more #41 repaints ::)

11 more to go...   

Hey, I like these two.  Of course, I like big faction logo type things.   That and you gotta have someone for Llats Ward to work with, we don't want him getting bored and wandering off and blowing stuff up.

::)

There had better be something other than yet more Phase II Clones included for me to consider ordering this pack.

After the Death Star Briefing, I had rather high hopes for this set. However, now, I am dubious. What do the clones have to do with any of it anyway? The Mandos and the Republican Military weren't exactely buddy-buddy.

Well, they're the only "phase II"/ROTS clones in these sets.   I think the next reveal will probably blow you away.   ("Probably" being key as well, different figures appeal to different fans.  I think this is an appealing one.)

Regarding Mandalorians/Llats Ward and the clones, please read this entry at Wookieepedia for the backstory of why a Mandalorian might be training Clones.  (Assuming you haven't seen it yet.)   Also, this page at Entertainment Earth has a big picture and a smidge more back story.   Some people take jobs they don't necessarily want to do, and it seems on some level, Mandalorian Llats Ward training Clones could be one of those jobs, from a certain point of view.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2007, 06:02 PM »
The Mandos and the Republican Military weren't exactely buddy-buddy.

From my undstanding of some of the Clone/Mando EU material (RC novels, comics, etc)  Some Mandalorian Warriors were recruited by Jango, and by other highly skilled Mando's as "Advisors" to train and hone the skills of the Republics new Grand Army.

Most if not all of the Mando instructors looked upon the Clones as brothers in arms, and felt their duty and obligation to instruct them on their ways, culture, and history.

The Mandalorian instructors had no real alligience with the Rupublic, they did it primarily for the benefit of their Clone brotherhood, and or course the fact they were freelance mercenary's being paid by the Republic to train the GAR's ranks.
-Ricardo

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2007, 06:08 PM »
Clones? Lame. Personally I can do without them, especially since they're Phase II. I hope the next reveal is better because I'm not feeling that great about this set after this one.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2007, 06:12 PM »

From the text...

"This set includes 2 Clone Troopers, each of which has a blaster, a removable antenna for their armor, and 14 points of articulation. Exclusively designed for Entertainment Earth, these troopers were decorated with elements originally designed during the initial conceptualization of Boba Fett, such as the famous skull design and the mysterious "jaig eyes" on their helmets."

I guess it would have helped if i read the description. I am not too excited about there being two of them. I wouldnt mind if there was 1, but i hope we get figures other than clone troopers.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2007, 06:16 PM »
I hope these are the only phase 1 clones. The other clones should be commandos or ARCs.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2007, 06:19 PM »
I'm not too thrilled of two more #41 Clone repaints either, especially when they are not screen accuate, but in all fairness we still have 11 more figures to be revealed.

I believe you can expect at least another Clone repaint in this set.  I remember when EE first showed their blacked out teaser pic, and I distinctly saw the ROTS Clone Commander figure shadow in among the picture.
-Ricardo

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2007, 06:32 PM »
I hope we get Kal Skirata, Walon Vau, some clone commandos, maybe a Null ARC, and maybe Bardan Jusik (all characters from RC:Triple Zero; Vau and Skirata were Mandos, Jusik was a Jedi who wore Mando armor). These clones are okay and I like Ward (except the head, too baby-ish) and I'll probably be picking up this set.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2007, 07:23 PM »
Im fine with these clones, and so far Im pretty sure Im gonna want this set. I hope theres a Null ARC, maybe some plain white commandos or white commandos with the skull markings.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2007, 07:56 PM »
Well he said the next one he's thinking will "Wow" the crowd so-to-speak, so there's some hope...  I'm with the camp that actually likes the first figure more than these 2 Clones, so I'm not real enthused right now.  At the same time I'm anxious to see the rest of the set before I feel let down.

Even still though, at the price they're at it's not too shabby picking up a couple figures you maybe don't want to get a (hopefully) handful you do want.

I just hope that next reveal is a humdinger is all... 

I am not at all counting on actual EU characters either by the way.  3 figures revealed, none from the films or existing EU, and wasn't it said that these characters weren't from existing EU materials from the start?  So I think all the wishful thinking for all these EU characters is a bit misguided, and basically setting one's self up for a disappointment...   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77