Author Topic: EE "Elite Forces of the Republic" 14-Figure Set  (Read 133805 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: EE "Mystery Pack" 14-Figure Set
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2007, 06:05 PM »
I'm not disappointed, however I dig:

-Black COmmandoes...  Omega Squad is basically established EU so I like getting a set of them in this set of other random cool ****.  I'm ok with that but I get where people are coming from too.  If you don't know them, you wouldn't really give a **** and that is obvious among many.  Such is the EU conundrum I guess.

-Mando's...  I dig them in general.  Removable helmet drill instructors for Clone training.  I like the idea...  More Mando's, less repaints, would've obviously been nice but I guess they just wanted some army building element to it too I suppose.  I'm not disappointed really though.

-ARC's...  I just like the deco but they're clearly not from EU that I'm aware of at least, and they really should've done red ARC's first IMO, but those would sell great in the basic line so I'm ok with these guys.  They're neat, if not really on anyone's wishlist.

-Price...  Oustanding value compared to some things Hasbro does.  These and the comic packs are really nice though, so I'm ok with them.

Things I don't like...

-COuld've done without the bantha skull CLone repaints.  I mean, why?  Two more Mando repaints would've been far superior choices, even if they were non-removable helmet figures just for filler or some stuff.  A sniper trainer for instance, a demolitions expert/trainer...  Those would've made nice filler using the VOTC Fett sculpt, or am I alone on that?  It would've filled out the whole "Commando Training Team" concept better too, but tha'ts just my opinion.

That said...  Paul, I'll still take anything you don't want, just PM me on it. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2007, 06:17 PM »
I like the set overall, but I agree that there are way too many Clone Repaints. I'll wait and place my order when the set is available to ship. I may sell all of the Clones and keep the Mandalorians... shouldn't be too hard to find some buyers though.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 26, 2007, 06:49 PM »
Oooh, more boobied Mandalorians. :-X

I must have missed that day at Fanboy camp....

It was right after the course on not bathing before a July Toy Show, and I think right before the course on how to stand in everyone's way at a convention while you take photos of the few women there in scantily clad outfits.

I missed it because I was at the inability to speak to the opposite sex seminar, which was outstanding.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #258 on: July 26, 2007, 08:06 PM »
I see Hasbro's really been putting the camp training to good use this year.

I fully expect a female clone with boobie armor by 2009.  She might even have boots that only cover to the mid-thigh, and a thong.  Not sure on that, but I think everyone's had enough courses now to where they can handle that kind of sexual overload on a toy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 26, 2007, 08:35 PM »
Oooh, more boobied Mandalorians. :-X

I must have missed that day at Fanboy camp....

It was right after the course on not bathing before a July Toy Show, and I think right before the course on how to stand in everyone's way at a convention while you take photos of the few women there in scantily clad outfits.

I missed it because I was at the inability to speak to the opposite sex seminar, which was outstanding.

Yup, Mandy Lorian and Boobie Fett yay us!!!Add that to Lady J's cleavage in the Joe line, and I say there are some frustrated young men at the Hasbro Sculpt shop....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: July 26, 2007, 08:45 PM »
You mean there were some frustrated young men...  Everything is gravy now apparantly.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2007, 09:10 PM »
I have some other minor gripes with the sets outside of clones. When I saw the heads underneath the Mandolorians I was not to crazy about the faces because they did not look like hardened warriors to me, they looked too clean. I just read on GH that they are the Hasbro design team which explains the wimpy look to the heads. No scars, no interesting hair, just plain everyday geeks heads. I would have liked a black Mandolorian and/or a really scarred up battle worn older mando. I really do not care for the self indulgence. They could have taken some liberties with their heads. Jango looks like a really mean mando these guys look like chumps in my opinion. My helmets will stay on or I will find replacement heads.

I agree with Jess with the plain 41 clones. I would have preferred more Arc's or commandos. Still very cool sets despite using some old Jango upper torsos. I like the Omegas and the Arcs alot, I do not mind them at all. When the Mandos are geared up they look great.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2007, 09:13 PM »
I'm actually really happy with this set.  The only things that I would have preferred would have been for them to not use the 2002 Saga Jango bodies on a couple of them (I seriously hope Hasbro's going to fill in that under-the-gauntlet hole this time around), and, like pretty much everyone else, to have the heads be a little more gritty.  I'm fine with it being the Hasbro design team, but jeez, fellas, they're supposed to be hardened warriors, not baby-faced recruits from the Linkin Park concert.  ;)

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2007, 10:15 PM »
 I like the set somewhat, but i think i'll wait to get it.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Darth Bonk

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2007, 01:52 AM »
I thought two of them were supposed to be chicks?  They've got boobs.  Why do their heads look like dudes???!!!

What the???!!!  Weird.  Tranny Mandalorians????    :o

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 27, 2007, 08:57 AM »
Some of them are okay.  I don't care for the Scorch repaints in black.  I am a bit tired of the clonetroopers now.  Those white clonetroopers don't do much for me.  I like the other figures but don't care for the heads underneath.  I guess they are supposed to be Hasbro employees underneath?  Meh.  Not liking that idea much.  Reminds me of my own workplace.  LOL!  But they would be fine with the helmets on. 

All in all I am not that thrilled about it and will pass on it.  However, if these would have been in comic 2 packs at retail for $10 I'd go for some of them.  Oh well, kind of a cool idea though. 

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2007, 09:26 AM »
Two White Clones
Two ARC Troopers
FOUR BLACK COMMNADOES !!!

WTF !!!!

This ending up being a disappointment to me. The mandelorians alone would have been perfect... but all this extra crap... uffff..

Offline CloneAlpha

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2007, 07:21 PM »
This has gone from a set that I was eagerly anticipating to one that I can now easily skip. I like the Omega Squad but since it uses the lacklustre Scorch mold, it's not a must-have for me. Moreover, the Mando faces definitely are not what I would envision when I think of "mandolorian".  These guys look like they should be getting training FROM the clones, not giving instruction to them... or more appropriately, sitting around on a couch eating donuts while dressed up as mandos before heading out to the next Star Wars convention. 

As noted above, give them scars or eye patches or an evil look or ANYTHING to toughen them up.  They all look depressingly wimpy and it defeats the purpose of removable helmets if you feel like you have to leave them on all the time.  This set is just waaaay too self-indulgent on Hasbro's part.  George Lucas figures, or Anthony Daniels, or Ahmed Best, or Ralph McQuarrie = yes; Lucasfilm and Hasbro employees? = no way...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2007, 10:10 PM »
I thought two of them were supposed to be chicks?  They've got boobs.  Why do their heads look like dudes???!!!

What the???!!!  Weird.  Tranny Mandalorians????    :o

"Trandalorians."
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2007, 07:50 AM »
For the price, I'll stick pick these up at some point, but I'm with most of you - not overly impressed with the set.  Neat idea to do the heads of the design team, but they totally should have gone with more rough features.  Heck, use the same heads, but give them a scar and paint them unshaven or something.  Nice to have removeable helmets and some new Mandys, but they couldn't done this so much better.  i don't mind the shadow repaints of Omega Squad and the arcs, but again was hoping for something more than this.  I'm reeeeealy tired of the whole repaint strategy they have going on right now.  Let's take every figure and just give them different colors!  I would have been more happy with 3-4 stealth guys and a few clones in training or something.  Not a fan of the bantha skull clones either.

Again, for the price, I think the set overall is worth it, but just unhappy that they didn't do more...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today