Author Topic: EE "Elite Forces of the Republic" 14-Figure Set  (Read 134190 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: EE "Elite Forces of the Republic" 14-Figure Set
« Reply #300 on: November 20, 2007, 07:02 PM »
I got an e-mail from EE too and according to the tracking info, I'll have them on Friday.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 20, 2007, 07:57 PM »
And now, they're out of stock -- arriving soon.  (That was fast.)   Fans love the Mandalorians!  (Can't wait to see mine!)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #302 on: November 20, 2007, 08:55 PM »
I don't think I got a ship notice on mine but I put my order in late so I'm not surprised.  WOuldn't mind having them before X-Mas, but that's neither here nor there either.

Wonder if Hasbro will ever make a new Republic Commando Box set, and perhaps take the time to update the legs a little?  Perhaps doing one of the other sets of Commandoes?  I think I'd be into it if they articulated the knees on them...  Otherwise, like most clones, I could do without them I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2007, 11:01 AM »
Personally, I'm passing on these and pretty much boycotting EE for good. I've had one too many bad experiances with them regarding grouchy people at will call and their inability to get cases out before they are peg warmers at every Target in town. Now that they have moved shipping outside the LA area, I get dinged on tax AND shipping.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2007, 11:11 AM »
Yeah, their shipping of product this year has been less than stellar when compared to previous years.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2007, 12:57 PM »
I've noticed that too and I've even cancelled orders for stuff that I found in stores months before their own expected shipping date - I think I did that with Wave 6 as a matter of fact.

It used to be that they would get stuff at the same time as say WM or Target, now they seem to be at least a month behind.

I wonder what changed in the marketplace to cause this.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2007, 01:25 PM »
I've noticed that too and I've even cancelled orders for stuff that I found in stores months before their own expected shipping date - I think I did that with Wave 6 as a matter of fact.

It used to be that they would get stuff at the same time as say WM or Target, now they seem to be at least a month behind.

I wonder what changed in the marketplace to cause this.

It's Hasbro. Other than brick and mortar (b/m) retailers (read most internet retailers) are having their orders filled last. This is so the big box companies can get the procduct first and sell first. Those big box companies order much more in bulk than internet sites, so Hasbro makes a ton more money from them. If Hasbro shipped continually to net retailers, they would see the b/m orders drop. While many of we collectors have turned to the net for ease, there are still plenty of b/m consumers out there. Without them Hasbro would surely go broke.

E-tailers still get their product just a little bit later. Personally I don't mind waiting for cases of figures. I know I'm going to get them and at what case breakdown. I make my deals for the extras that I'll have, so I'm not stuck and help a fellow collector out as well. Typically I'm saving a bit on figures too, barring b/m sales. Though I almost never order through EE because they are the same or close enough to retail price, so they arren't worth ordering through. Especially given that they receive product later.

Find another e-tailer. I have no problems with mine. Sometimes I get stuff a little early, sometimes at the same time and on occassion a week or so later. Point is I always get what I order and always pay less. That little extra bit of research doing so has saved me a couple of hundred dollars this year (which of course I promptly put into other toy lines, lol...).

Regardless that the Mando seet is supposed to be exclusive to EE, I now there are sites out there that are selling them and you can probably find it cheaper that EE's price. How so? Simple those e-tailors buy in bulk from EE at a cheaper rate. They in turn pass a portion of those saving onto the customer thereby circumventing EE's price. (I know this from experience from buying from my e-tailer.)

Just so you all know, I'm not trying to be secretive about who my e-tailer is, I just don't want to say it publically and then get the site pissed at me if I say one thing and then they can't deliver (never has been a problem in the past, but I don't want to jinx it). If you want to know who I deal with just PM me, and no, I'll get nothing in return if you reference my name.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2007, 01:48 PM »
I just got my box sets in the mail and I'm pretty much having to immediately return them due to the lack of a Bantha Skull logo on one of the Clone's chests.  Not EE's fault at all, as they're helping to fix the situation, but still irritating.  :-\

This month has just been beyond frustrating for me, and the once-calming hobby of collecting has done more to add to that than it has to alleviate it.  Between my last HTS package being lost and untrackable, the immediate arrival and return of 80 bucks worth of figures, and the seemingly daily release of more new figures that simply can't be found anywhere, I'm closer to calling it quits entirely than I have been in the last several years.   :'(

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2007, 01:53 PM »
I just got my box sets in the mail and I'm pretty much having to immediately return them due to the lack of a Bantha Skull logo on one of the Clone's chests.  Not EE's fault at all, as they're helping to fix the situation, but still irritating.  :-\

That really sucks.  I thought those logos were the only things these clones had going for them to be "associated" with the Mandos.

I'm closer to calling it quits entirely than I have been in the last several years.   :'(

I haven't even placed an order for these sets because there's been so much product to digest and there's so much more coming before years end.  I've been a completist since 01 and this is the year that broke me.  I've thought about giving up completely, but I decided to just start picking and choosing first rather than going cold turkey.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2007, 02:07 PM »
but I decided to just start picking and choosing first rather than going cold turkey.

I hear you. Hasbro's treating Star Wars now like Mattel is treating Hot Wheels with so many repacks, repaints, variants and exclusives that being a completist is unrealistic unless you make mega-cash. I like these Mando sets, but the just don't fit in the budget this year and I could miss out on them altogether.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 21, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Otherwise, like most clones, I could do without them I guess.

Oh no you didn't...I'm mailing you these clones whether you want them or not young man...there are children in other parts of the world who don't have clones...don't make me give them to Rob..

My daughter has already taken the females and added them to her "Princess Collection" so I can't call that one "Booby Fett" anymore.. oh well..

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #311 on: November 22, 2007, 12:58 AM »
I take what I can get, don't get me wrong.   Bad time of year to be buying extras up is all...  Clones, or Imperial (Unique Individual Recruited/Conscripted) Troopers alike...  Life's just a bitch at the moment. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2007, 09:25 PM »
Yeah, their shipping of product this year has been less than stellar when compared to previous years.

I know this is OT, but I just found out that all of my TAC preorders with EE have been pushed out to January 2008!  Waves 7-9 and Legends 4...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #313 on: November 24, 2007, 01:55 AM »
OK despite the "Out of Stock", and the fact that I didn't put in an order till like last month, seriously, my order shipped...  So I'm guessing the pre-orders weren't THAT heavy on this, if they can go out of stock like that and I still got mine despite a super late order for them... 

I'm pumped to see these show up, plus one set's an X-Mas gift too, so that is wrapping up some shopping.  Yippee.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 24, 2007, 09:02 AM »
Got mine yesterday and cracked these guys opened. I'm a little disappointed in the female heads being made to accommodate the standard helmet size. Makes their heads look disproportionate to their bodies. Other than that, my favorite pieces of the sets are the black Commandos and the black ARCs.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."