Author Topic: EE "Elite Forces of the Republic" 14-Figure Set  (Read 133765 times)

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: EE "Elite Forces of the Republic" 14-Figure Set
« Reply #315 on: November 25, 2007, 02:36 PM »
OK despite the "Out of Stock", and the fact that I didn't put in an order till like last month, seriously, my order shipped...  So I'm guessing the pre-orders weren't THAT heavy on this, if they can go out of stock like that and I still got mine despite a super late order for them... 

Actually, they were really heavy-- our first shipment was enough to fill all pre-orders as of the day we had units in stock, plus a decent chunk for new orders.  (Or so we thought, turns out they went a little faster than expected this time of year.  I was a little surprised by how fast they went after the "in stock" message appeared.)  I believe units may still be processing so if your cards were charged, they should be on the way.  (I just got mine on Friday.)

Very much digging it so far except my Rav Bralor seems to have a bad eyebrow for some reason.   (The black ARC Troopers are a lot  better than I expected.)

I know this is OT, but I just found out that all of my TAC preorders with EE have been pushed out to January 2008!  Waves 7-9 and Legends 4...

Keep in mind that these are estimates based on information from the manufacturer-- it could show up earlier, it could show up later.  The manufacturers ship things as they become available and we send out our cases first-come, first-served.      Some of the items may ship sooner as cases trickle in, like the first shipment of wave 7 and some of those later Saga Legends cases.   (So even though it says one ETA date on the sight, keep an eye on your order status, just in case, as items will continue to arrive all December long, and in January, and, if last year was any indication, more  units might show up in February too.  [Saga Collection figures still pop in from time to time, I have no doubt this TAC assortment will have some legs as well.])

If for any reason you should change your mind, don't forget you can remove an item from your pre-order at (pretty much) any time as long as it hasn't shipped, and if it has shipped, we have 90-day returns.   It's our intent to fill your order as quickly as we can, and because of the luck of the draw, sometimes this will be before you see figures elsewhere and other times it will be after (or around the same time).
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2007, 02:51 PM »
If you did not order these sets you really should, they are great! Worth getting for the cool EU Mandos. My only complaint is the very nonthreatening heads that lie underneath the helmets. I would have liked some battle scars and/or a black mandolorian to mix it up from the wimpy One Tree Hill faces we got. Heads are easy to swap so it's fixable.

I do not care for EE service either but the exclusives they carry always keep me coming back. That's the only thing they have going for them in my opinion. The Droids & Clones were sweet deals too. They will have a tough time topping this one, I can't wait to see next year's set.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 26, 2007, 02:59 PM »
Glad you like it JOT... not a set that I see myself ever getting, but nonetheless I do think the females look good.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2007, 05:56 PM »
I do not care for EE service either but the exclusives they carry always keep me coming back. That's the only thing they have going for them in my opinion. The Droids & Clones were sweet deals too. They will have a tough time topping this one, I can't wait to see next year's set.

Well, we do pride ourselves on the service angle.  (I work for EE if the lurkers out there didn't know.  I'm sure you usually do but it's hard to tell from the posts at times.)   If you're having problems, don't hesitate to let me/us know-- feel free to use my PM box or email me at my personal account.   This is the sort of thing we want to know.  (Although if it has to do with will call and our fulfillment, some things are done for business reasons and the future is always in motion-- we still want to hear about it.)

(And I especially dug how Hasbro snuck on one of the concept Boba markings [the one from his shoulder] on the black ARC Troopers.  Sure it's upside-down but it's a nice touch.)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 27, 2007, 08:53 AM »
not a set that I see myself ever getting,

I don't know why, but I'm surprised by this. However, with your customizing skills, I'm sure you can do every one of the Mandolorians with SA. ;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 08:54 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 29, 2008, 09:15 PM »
well i was able to find the omega squad pack for $40 at a comic shop. they didnt have the other set though so i really dont know how i will finish this set.

a saw one on ebay for $34 with $10 shipping but i dont know how to shop on ebay or where to find all these extra costs that they dont post. :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 29, 2008, 10:34 PM »
Of course you'd have to order another Omega Squad set, but EE says they have more sets coming soon.

With regards to EE's service - I have found that it's really good. I mean, when I think about it, I outright abuse the heck out of them - I place orders and if I find the item in the store first, I cancel with EE. They never give me any hassle about canceling my orders as long as I request the order by canceled before they start to process it for shipping. That's reasonable, and of course if I want to return it after they've shipped it, I can do that too, or I could just return the items to the store I got them from with the valid receipt.

Sometimes, this method has really helped me when an assortment has shipped to brick-and-mortar stores in less than stellar numbers.

I have a friend locally who ordered Wave 8 from New Force comics - we found Wave 8 at TRU over a month and a half ago - New Force wouldn't let him cancel the two cases he pre-ordered even though he asked to cancel his order about a MONTH before New Force even got their first allocation. That's pretty crappy IMHO. How hard is it to change the setting in your shopping cart system from "Pre-order Sold Out" to "Only 2 Pre-Orders Left"?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 30, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Of course you'd have to order another Omega Squad set, but EE says they have more sets coming soon.

With regards to EE's service - I have found that it's really good. I mean, when I think about it, I outright abuse the heck out of them - I place orders and if I find the item in the store first, I cancel with EE. They never give me any hassle about canceling my orders as long as I request the order by canceled before they start to process it for shipping. That's reasonable, and of course if I want to return it after they've shipped it, I can do that too, or I could just return the items to the store I got them from with the valid receipt.

Sometimes, this method has really helped me when an assortment has shipped to brick-and-mortar stores in less than stellar numbers.

I have a friend locally who ordered Wave 8 from New Force comics - we found Wave 8 at TRU over a month and a half ago - New Force wouldn't let him cancel the two cases he pre-ordered even though he asked to cancel his order about a MONTH before New Force even got their first allocation. That's pretty crappy IMHO. How hard is it to change the setting in your shopping cart system from "Pre-order Sold Out" to "Only 2 Pre-Orders Left"?

Some e-tailors rely on customers keeping their orders.

I order busts and cases of figures through Razors Edge. Mike is a great person to deal with. He does have a pre-order set-up that you have to put down so much (IIRC 10%). That's is non-refundable. So if you back out, you loose the 10%. That's fair to me. At the least he doesn't get totally screwed on the order and it keeps people from backing out once they've placed an order.

Many e-tailors can be stuck with a back-log of product because customers found it at brick and mortar. So I don't blame them so much if they have a percentage to put down policy. EE is an exception to the rule that they allow cancellations without penalty. It's a good thing for consumers, but that's got to bite them (EE) in the butt at some point. The good thing for them is that they are so well known that even slow to move things eventually seem to sell out. I wouldn't buy from New Force with their policy.  Now that I know that is their policy, I'm definitely not giving them any of my business.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 30, 2008, 04:32 PM »
In defense of Rick/Newforce, that policy is in place exactly because people used to order from him and then find it at brick/mortar stores and then cancel.  It happened far too often.  When you coupled that with him going for a time (2002?) being basically hosed by Hasbro in favor of the B/M stores, you can hardly blame the guy for having the policy.  He's in business to make money.  Ideally he does that by supplying you with what you want for a fair price in a timely manner.  When Hasbro shorts his order and ships it late it's not actually his fault.  I get the frustration, but I think it's fair that Newforce actually protects itself. 

Funny how no one bitched about Newforce for a while there when they were getting stuff faster and more reliably than B/M stores (and EE too I recall) but now that it's switched again people are all too happy to slam them again. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 30, 2008, 05:05 PM »
I agree.  Don't blame Newforce.  Same thing happens to www.dnstoys.com

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 30, 2008, 05:51 PM »
I have to agree, being someone that used to own a comic store,  Don't blame Newforce for there policies,  He is basing his orders on what p reorders are placed and then some extra.  It is hard enough to compete with large stores to begin with, to have someone place orders for waves of figures then to back out, he gets stuck with them and hopefully be able to sell through.  but if it is a unpopular wave that everyone has what they want from them.  Guess who gets screwed. And believe me I bet his distributors aren't going to let him cancel orders without penalizing him either, if they take it back at all.  When I dealt with diamond and I order items for customer's preorders and they never showed up to pick it up, I got stuck with it. I didn't want to be a jerk to my customers but some of that stuff had very little markup for me to compete with Wally, Target the Big K and even TRU. 

I bet though if you can't find it at the stores and new force can get it you be singing a different tune.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 08:29 PM by ctonra »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #326 on: January 30, 2008, 05:55 PM »
Not to mention Newforce usually delivers a case to you at less than retail...  TOugh to blame them for having policies to protect themselves.  It allows people to buy from Newforce and accept the things that go with that, or "wait it out" and hope you find it at retail.

I generally don't buy by the case, however I'm starting to rethink that...  I may at some point go to Newforce and just get my "extras" as I find them.  The hunt is a crock of BS to me, I don't enjoy it in the slightest, and with gasoline it's becoming more and more a waste of my time/money.

NFC really delivers for people regardless of that policy IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 30, 2008, 09:12 PM »
Ahhh - I wasn't out to bash New Force.

More accurately, my point was more to show that there's always some sort of "gotcha".

EE's prices are higher than Rick's, but you can cancel your pre-orders anytime.

Rick charges less, but you can't cancel your pre-order.

It all depends on what you're willing to put up with. My friend has decided never to order from Rick again and if he does choose to order a case, he's going to do it from EE.

So now ask yourself - was the non-cancellation policy on pre-orders really worth it to the eTailer in this instance? Maybe yes, maybe no. If my friend orders 2008 Wave 1, 2 and 3 from EE, then I would think the answer is "no".

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 1, 2008, 10:47 AM »
I used NFC for all my 2007 TAC case purchases.  I saved a bunch of money in gas and got all my figures for less than retail.  I've changed my collecting habits this year and I'm not going to order full cases any more.  However, I would never have a problem giving Rick my business again. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #329 on: February 2, 2008, 05:39 AM »
I think whether or not it's worth it depends...  For Rick, I don't think he's hurting for business, so I doubt it's a matter to him at all...  For EE, I think their larger volume of business and their policies means they're more in need on keeping their sales really...

I'm so cheap, the "negative" of not cancelling your order isn't really all that negative to me, but I'm just a penny pincher.  The higher price at EE is what ultimately drives me away, though their reliability is probably unmatched.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77