Author Topic: 30AC AT-AP Pod Walker  (Read 27455 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC AT-AP Pod Walker
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2008, 05:04 PM »
Yeah I don't think they'll be tough finds...  I'm seeing them linger at WM's already here and there, and now TRU's getting them...  I think a new Target had them too.  General release items other than basic figures usually show up in quantity...  Evolutions isn't proven yet, though Wave 1's abundant...  Wave 2 probably will be too at some point I'd imagine.

Vehicles haven't ever really proven to be tough finds unless they're exclusives though, and even then it's hit and miss.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2008, 05:51 PM »
Yeah I don't think they'll be tough finds...  I'm seeing them linger at WM's already here and there, and now TRU's getting them...  I think a new Target had them too.  General release items other than basic figures usually show up in quantity...  Evolutions isn't proven yet, though Wave 1's abundant...  Wave 2 probably will be too at some point I'd imagine.

Vehicles haven't ever really proven to be tough finds unless they're exclusives though, and even then it's hit and miss.

Maybe in your area Jesse, but just a scant 15 miles from you in the southern part of Pittsburgh (my general area), they are nonexistant. It's been pretty scarce for everything 2008TAC near me.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2008, 06:08 PM »
If it's happening in the N. Hills, Allegheny Valley, Monroeville, and Greensburg areas though, it's probably just a matter of time till down around C3 and Robinson start to see significant shipments too though...  THe figures are still uncommon everywhere, I think that's a given, but the vehicles I think are already on their way to warming...  Unless your stores are stuck with a ton of 2007 stuff.  I see a couple here and there with 2007 ships and no 2008 stuff yet.  Most seem to have sold through though at this point and are either waiting for a restock or have seen a couple now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2008, 06:37 PM »
Give it 4 weeks, these will be all over the shelves.  There's still frickin' Sith Infiltrators and V-Wings at every Walmart, Target and TRU I go to.

I don't think I've ever had less than 20-30 opportunities to buy any vehicle at retail.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2008, 11:10 PM »
If it's happening in the N. Hills, Allegheny Valley, Monroeville, and Greensburg areas though, it's probably just a matter of time till down around C3 and Robinson start to see significant shipments too though...  THe figures are still uncommon everywhere, I think that's a given, but the vehicles I think are already on their way to warming...  Unless your stores are stuck with a ton of 2007 stuff.  I see a couple here and there with 2007 ships and no 2008 stuff yet.  Most seem to have sold through though at this point and are either waiting for a restock or have seen a couple now.

I hope so Jesse. Though now that I've bought all the AT-APs I want from HTS, I want be looking for them. Figs have definitely been scarce.

I wish I could say with all this scarcity that I've been saving money, but it's just meant that it's been that much easier to buy Transformers and Halo3 figs.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2008, 09:34 AM »
Give it 4 weeks, these will be all over the shelves.  There's still frickin' Sith Infiltrators and V-Wings at every Walmart, Target and TRU I go to.

Precisely, people were saying that the V-Wing would be impossible to get too. The At-Ap's haven't even hit Target yet either.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2008, 09:52 AM »
The At-Ap's haven't even hit Target yet either.

I found both the AT-AP and Grevious' Starfighter at a Target here in MN this week, so they should be hitting Target everywhere soon I'd imagine...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Does the lack of articulation in the legs really make this toy suck?  I was really looking forward to it, but I only recently discovered this pretty major flaw.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2008, 01:22 PM »
Does the lack of articulation in the legs really make this toy suck?  I was really looking forward to it, but I only recently discovered this pretty major flaw.

It doesn't suck to me. It's not like I was going to put it in a walking mode anyhow. So you can either make it stand tall with the third leg undeployed wrapped up underneath or stand short with the third leg deployed for stability when firing the main canon. Makes sense to me. I'm not at all disappointed with it's articulation (or lack thereof).

I'd ask others to not be so harsh on this vehicle. It's a wonder it was even made at all.

I'm glad to had it as it is.

-Sal

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Does the lack of articulation in the legs really make this toy suck? 

For me it's a mild disappointment rather than total suckage. It's still pretty cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2008, 05:41 PM »
The toy does a pretty good job of being a toy-- the limited leg articulation is not a flaw as such, just something Hasbro elected to not do.  You can still sit figures in the vehicle, move the legs at the "hips", and so on and so forth.  My POTJ AT-ST has sagged to the point of falling over due to the extra leg articulation not being up to snuff, so I'd say there's a chance this toy might actually be slightly better off since it has sturdier legs with less articulation.  (Granted, better articulation designs would be better still, but considering these things spend most of their lives on a shelf on one of two poses, I think Hasbro did a pretty good job.   Better to make it stable, really, I hate to see toys sag or fade or otherwise start to fall apart a few months after I get it.)

I will say, though, that the big missile totally sucks.  It barely clears the barrel.  You push the button, and it just sort of sputters out in a pathetic whimper.   If it worked, hey, great, but a lot of these larger rockets just don't function properly as a toy.  Stomping legs or some sort of blast damage deco would've been nicer. Or some cheap-o electronic sounds or something, as long as it was functional.   
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2008, 03:29 PM »
I absolutely love this vehicle... about time we got a walker in the mid sized vehicle assortment... I'd probably have preferred to see it be in the $40-$50 range and be larger, but I'm not complaining.  I wonder if they'll reissue this later with the more iconic Republic color scheme?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2008, 12:39 PM »
I absolutely love this vehicle... about time we got a walker in the mid sized vehicle assortment... I'd probably have preferred to see it be in the $40-$50 range and be larger, but I'm not complaining.  I wonder if they'll reissue this later with the more iconic Republic color scheme?

Hmm, so that is what it's really supposed to look like? Nice custom. Yours Chewie?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2008, 12:57 PM »
I think the current one just has the green markings because it's a Kashyyyk one... could be wrong though.

Not my custom either unfortunately.  I'll probably give that paint scheme a shot though, but I don't think I'll be able to match that awesome weathering... it was from a customizer at RS.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2008, 12:36 PM »
Well, i ordered the other two I wanted when I noticed they were on HTS last week. If retail wants to putz with getting them in stock, I'm more than happy to buy them online. Saves me gas, time and frustration.