Author Topic: 30AC AT-AP Pod Walker  (Read 27457 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
30AC AT-AP Pod Walker
« on: May 25, 2007, 06:33 PM »

This thing looks to be a nice size, lots of canons and guns, seats 3 figures (2 in the walker, 1 on top).  Looks bigger than a regular $20 vehicle.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:48 AM by Jeff »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: AT-PT Pod Walker
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 06:41 PM »
Pretty!!   :o

If I recall - the Tie Bomber fits into the Starfighter class and that will be going for $24.99 so this hopefully will fit into that category.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 07:11 PM »
Not sure where I stand yet on it...  Scale's my thing and this may or may not be right on.  I've yet to get a good look at that walker in the movies to compare, but it certainly looks like it had a lot of thought put into it for play value.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 08:03 PM »
Not really my thing. Glad for those of you who wanted one.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 09:36 PM »
Love seeing what they could do with an AT-ST, I just hope if they do get to it, it's to-scale.  THere was mention of that to us by a Hasbro rep (Skiff, Snowspeeder, and AT-ST being all things they'd like to redo and done to-scale some day).  So I'm definitely interested in that after seeing the PT...  Once I'm at home tonight though, I guarantee I'm gonna go through and see what I can find of the AT-PT's to see how accurate Hasbro's appears to be. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 10:24 PM »
Very interesting...  not what I was expecting to see in the $20 line, but I will gladly take one.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 11:45 PM »
Once I'm at home tonight though, I guarantee I'm gonna go through and see what I can find of the AT-PT's to see how accurate Hasbro's appears to be. :)

I haven't seen a whole lot on it.  I think I saw those things at the landing area on Coruscant where Gree and his men met Tarfful.  I might have also seen them on the beaches at Kashyyyk?

But on the net I haven't seen squat.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 11:59 PM »
Okay I think they are visible here:

If that's them, Hasbro should have made this the size of their AT-AT toy.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 01:39 AM »
Yeah, It's definitely undersized. I think Hasbro's thinking is that we will just deal with it and be happy that they even came out with it.

Yes, it should be bigger and taller. It should be three times as tall as the AT-RT.

here's the proof of it from the official site.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atrt/index.html (3.2M tall)
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atap/index.html (10.97M tall)

The AT-AT is 15.5M tall so that puts the Pod Walker 2/3 the height roughly.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atat/index.html

It appears that Hasbro made it just sligthly larger than the AT-RT. And you know what? I'll deal.... You know they wont' make it again and teh right scale. So why bother arguing the point.

I'll get three of these if they are $25 or less.

Good vehicle, so-so execution. Price remains to be seen. I do think it will go over well at retail and won't last too long on shelves.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 02:58 AM »
Wow. I can't believe we're getting one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 07:16 AM »
If that's them, Hasbro should have made this the size of their AT-AT toy.

Then how big do you think the AT-TE is supposed to be when Hasbro eventually gets around to it???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 09:13 AM »
Yeah, It's definitely undersized. I think Hasbro's thinking is that we will just deal with it and be happy that they even came out with it.

And that's why I won't pay them money for it.  Do it right or don't do it at all.

If more people operated under that philosophy, Hasbro would start doing something right in the vehicle line for a change.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 11:48 AM »
If more people operated under that philosophy, Hasbro would start doing something right in the vehicle line for a change.

Or killing it all together.   :P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 12:50 PM »
They're still issuing toys using molds from 1977.  There is no more dedicated collector than a Star Wars collector, if we're willing to pay $20 for a single exclusive figure, I think it's safe to say we'd all shell out the extra money to get properly scaled newly sculpted ships.

Example, the newly-scaled TIE fighter with correct wings.  They took a $20 toy, made it the correct scale, charged $45, and the enormous piles of them at my TRUs were gone long before clearance ever entered the picture.

If it worked with the TIE, it'd work with toys like the Infiltrator, the AT-ST etc.

No doubt.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 02:06 AM »
I'm actually on the brink of caving and buying these (if the $20 price holds) and just saying they're another model walker based on the AT-AP (what's the deal with calling it an AT-TP?  That bugs me).

Anyway, yeah I may cave in and get them to just futz them as small walker models for uneasy terrain or some other bull**** thing I spin in my mind to make me happy that I got a walker half the size it should be...  Hasbro bases scale on the box, not the craft, so that's all there is to that...

I still won't buy Y-WIngs or Sith Infiltrators...

That dumb ass looking top gun has to go though, I'm sorry.  That thing's not right.