Author Topic: 30AC AT-AP Pod Walker  (Read 27547 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC AT-AP Pod Walker
« Reply #60 on: February 6, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Nice.  Definately a big step up from the AT-RT.  I don't mind the scale at all.  Can't wait to pick up a few to go with the eventual release of the AT-TE.  Time to start checking the lower shelves again.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 6, 2008, 10:06 PM »
I did order mine thru HTS.com, so I don't know if I'd hit the shelves yet.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 6, 2008, 10:52 PM »
I'm looking forward to getting a couple of these. They look pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing pictures, Qui-George!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: February 7, 2008, 04:19 AM »
As noted on the front page, the AT-AP is out at retail... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 7, 2008, 08:35 AM »
Wow, seems a lot smaller than I thought. Oh, well. It still looks cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 7, 2008, 10:45 AM »
I got mine yesterday too, and love them.  I have 2, want probably 3-4 more... if you extend the main legs and hitch the middle one up, it greatly increases the height.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 7, 2008, 12:24 PM »
I got mine yesterday too, and love them.  I have 2, want probably 3-4 more... if you extend the main legs and hitch the middle one up, it greatly increases the height.

OH?

PLEASE post a pic of that. I want to see how tall it can get nearly fully extended.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 7, 2008, 03:01 PM »
It's at least as tall as an AT-ST, I think.  I'll try and snap a pic this evening...

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 7, 2008, 03:42 PM »
It's at least as tall as an AT-ST, I think.  I'll try and snap a pic this evening...

Cool, looking forward to it.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 8, 2008, 01:49 AM »

The first pic shows one AT-AP on the left with the middle support leg raised - my understanding is that when AT-AP's walk, the middle leg is raised.  It's a lot taller in this position.

The AT-AP on the right side has the middle leg deployed, and this provides balance and support for the walker when the primary cannon is fired.

The second image shows with it next to an AT-ST for comparison.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 8, 2008, 02:26 AM »
Mine just arrived from Hasbro Toy Shop.  I'll open it some time later today.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 8, 2008, 08:09 AM »
The first pic shows one AT-AP on the left with the middle support leg raised - my understanding is that when AT-AP's walk, the middle leg is raised.  It's a lot taller in this position.

The AT-AP on the right side has the middle leg deployed, and this provides balance and support for the walker when the primary cannon is fired.

Thanks VERY much for those pics Chewie. Excellent comparisons. Wow it it very tall with the third leg not deployed.

That seems much more menacing than the AT-ST.

Hmm, now that hasbro has made a jointed two/three legged walker, we can hope they'd go back and do this for the AT-ST as well.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 8, 2008, 08:14 AM »
Hmm, now that hasbro has made a jointed two/three legged walker, we can hope they'd go back and do this for the AT-ST as well.

As cool as that would be, I wouldn't count on it. I think Hasbro would dust off the molds for the Cloud Car and Dagobah Playsets and release both of those in the $20 vehicle assortment before they'd spend any money upgrading the AT-ST. I'm afraid that the AT-AT and AT-ST are all we're ever going to get - good thing the AT-AT and AT-ST are examples of some of the best work done by Kenner in the 1980s.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 8, 2008, 08:41 AM »
...I think Hasbro would dust off the molds for the Cloud Car...

One could only HOPE. They've repeatedly said they don't have the mold for that any longer and do not look to recreate it.

I bought a vintage one a few years ago for $5, but I'd certainly pay for a new one, if better. Meaning, better body mold, better cockpits to seat the pilots, possibly electronics, though that's very doubtful given Hasbro's reluctance to do so in more "iconic" vehicles.

Still the Cloud Car fits the mold of the $20 Starfighter range nicely. So I'll hope but, won't hold my breath.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 8, 2008, 11:00 AM »

Why can I never view an image that's hosted by Yak  ???  All I ever see are those wonderful red x's. 

No offense Jay  ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN